Microsoft Studios involved in creating at least '4' new IPs

A linkedin profile has been uncovered which suggests that Microsoft Game Studios is involved in creating at least four new IPs.

According to the C.V of Project Manager/Product Planner, J Brown, he has been the "primary product manager on four unannounced new IPs" and has been "a key contributor to bringing these titles from very early concept phase, through green light and into production."

What could these games be? It seems likely that Microsoft would be working on new titles to show off its as yet unannounced new hardware. Will these be 'AAA' games or are they being created with the new version of Kinect in mind? Who knows, but it certainly looks like it's not only Sony that has some big announcements up its sleeves.

Edited On 02 Feb, 2013

Comments
I'm both an Xbox AND PlayStation fan, and I'm glad to see that Microsoft aren't just resting on their laurels. Next gen competition is going to be fierce, ans whilst I note the worth of Halo as an IP, it's reassuring that they aren't viewing it as all they can offer. That kind of complacency usually ends up coming back to bite you on the hind quarters.
da_kerr 1 year ago
Lets just hope Xbox get some actual good exclusives. Seems as PS3 is getting some really good new IP's and we are left with Kinect garbage.. :/
Katana190 1 year ago
My money is on these IP's being some Kinect crap
Loli-Nox-Tan 1 year ago
This was my first thought too, but I really, really can't see it considering every Kinect game MS have released so far has sold like crap. I think they've learned their lesson about Kinect only titles by now.
PrometheusFan 1 year ago
I hope your right and Ms have learnt their lesson. Kinect games are boring and tedious. sure they are nice for familys to play but id rather have a wii for that.
Rachael 1 year ago
There is always a chance for them to be making non Kinect games but at best it will most likely be a new IP that will be gimped so it needs to use Kinect considering how much they will be pushing Kinect next gen
Loli-Nox-Tan 1 year ago
I don't think it's all garbage; it's something different using the Kinect - it was never really designed to change gaming forever. Definitely designed with a sense of humour required for the user and audience, though. Chill..
Barada 1 year ago
I seriously need to start saving up some cash, it's going to be an expensive next few years.
DJH117 1 year ago
Good to hear. I was worried that after Alan Wake's lackluster reception MS was just going to rely on annualised Halo/Forza/Fable releases from now on, but it's good to see they're going to increase their stable a bit. Should make the new Xbox a more attractive purchase for me if they get these titles ready in good time :)
PrometheusFan 1 year ago
Considering the size of the corporation, it's strange to see them just let many other developers and publishers forge the best titles many gamers lust after. Then again, many may just have at least one (or more) of Microsoft Studios own products in their library, I know I have a few so all is not lost. ;)
Barada 1 year ago
These new IP's are going to be the deciding factor whether I buy the next Xbox or not. I've had enough of Halo, Gears of War, and Forza, and I want something different.
Gloria 1 year ago
Now I love me xbox (more than me PS3) and this is awesome news I hope hope hope though this is not more kinect turd balls though.......I want it all and I want it now!!
inspector 74 1 year ago
If they released a game called Kinect Turd Balls I'd be more tempted to get a Kinect than anything else has made me.
Gloria 1 year ago
Yeah Kinect was an expensive venture just to play Fruit ninja... couldn't they have done that with the Playstation Eye on PS2? more solid single player games please MS
Pyroloveridge 1 year ago
flop1981's avatar
I think it's harsh to criticise kinect when its clearly not aimed at hardcore gamers, its just a bit of fun.
flop1981 1 year ago
"Analyse and provided clear recommendations on new monetisation options and distribution channels (I.E. STEAM)" Maybe this is related to the fact Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo 3 have all been added as new entries on the Steam CDR DB.
Thomas 1 year ago
Kinect games that are done good can be fun, but they are few & far between.
neohawk 1 year ago