ShopTo.net

Prey 2 announcement incoming in March?

Prey 2 disappeared off the face of the earth last year, however it seems that it may at long last be making a return.

A new website has hit the internet at http://www.aliennoire.com, which seems to suggest that we'll be getting an announcement as soon as March regarding the game. In fact looking at the source code we see that the countdown is set to end on March 1 at 18.00pm. Looking at the same code we are also left in no doubt that this site relates to Prey 2 and Bethedsa.

We saw Prey 2 a few years back at a private press showing at Gamescom and it looked incredible. Next-gen incredible. Could it be that Prey 2 will be coming to the new PlayStation and Xbox. With the apparent timing of this website and its March countdown, it would appear that way.

Edited On 02 Feb, 2013

Comments
It looked like a Boba Fett simulator & by that I mean Amazing
Yeah it did a bit with the whole "Alien bounty hunter" thing :D
Katana190 2 years ago
Finally, this games going to be a beast.
DJH117 2 years ago
I'm glad to see it's not dead after all! I think in some ways the connection to Prey 1 might be slightly tenuous, but all-in-all I think Prey 2 has the potential to deliver a LOT. Frankly, it could have stood out as a new IP and I'm genuinely looking forward to hearing some more details.
da_kerr 2 years ago
Very happy that this game isnt dead and buried. really did enjoy the first one and have been waiting for a sequel for many many years!
Rachael 2 years ago
Big fan of the first one as well. I actually thought the plot was really good (it'd make a great film in my opinion). And I believe (at least from what was said when the project was originally unveiled) that Tommy would be making a cameo appearance at the very least.
da_kerr 2 years ago
Loved this game too, just haven't played it in so long I have forgotten most of the story, just remember one of the main character's friends dying, and also it going scary by a bus at one point I think? lol. Would welcome a second one.
LFC Bywater 2 years ago
I think it was Enisi? I remember the little freaky bits too.
Rachael 2 years ago
Aye, Enisi was his grandfather who *SPOILER ALERT* gets killed on the alien ship (The Sphere) not long as the beginning. The whole bar sequence with the abductions as the beginning really makes an impact as well. Also enjoyed the revelation of who was controlling the ship and where they came from.
da_kerr 2 years ago
There is no middle ground with this one, its either going to be total rubbish or amazing. Hoping for the first.
Datastatic 2 years ago
exactly what i was thinking
J-D 2 years ago
A sequel to a game I apparently know nothing about, please, prey tell? ;)
Barada 2 years ago
I think that the best thing to do would be to get it and play it through yourself. It really is an amazing game and instead of us ruining it for you, to play and experience it yourself would be better. Basically its a first person shooter that has gravity puzzles. you must be able to get it really cheap now too.
Rachael 2 years ago
Didn't really get into playing Xbox until the 250GB models were released so many of the early titles were missed by me - although I did buy Dead Rising (classics version) last year for a just a couple of quid.
Barada 2 years ago
i remember playing the xbox version. was relley good and enjoyable. graphics and gameplay were mixed but was a good game none the less.
A2GMAN 2 years ago
Prey was awesome and if I remember it may well be the first ever game i played on my 360??? Prey p1ssed me rite off coz i had one of those xboxs back then that burned a ring around the compact disc so I never quite finished it!!! Despite that awesome game and I think ive had Prey 2 on pre order with shop to now for like 11 years or something so this boys and girls is big news!!!! cant wait
inspector 74 2 years ago
I did actually see a bit of video footage of this at gamefest while waiting to try out skyrim and from that early stage was really good defo had a very dark and scary feel to it and from the combat side looked like dishonored since then ive been wanting this game and now its coming......(hopfully!!)
rick75fowler 2 years ago
This is fantastic news. This and Injustice are all I care about as far as gaming is concerned this year. I've got a grin like a cheshire cat right now
HappyNoodleBoy 2 years ago
I'm in two minds about this, I loved Prey, it was a solid scifi shooter with an interesting story and it's use of gravity and portals felt fresh and new, but I thought what they showed of 2, whilst good, looked pretty generic and lacking any of the elements which made the first so great.
Gloria 2 years ago
Unfortunately, generic is a label many games can easily receive. Really all comes down to what gameplay systems we like putting ourselves in. ;)
Barada 2 years ago
It's not just the gameplay that I find generic though, the story, from what we've seen, is a bad scifi cliche too.
Gloria 2 years ago
Hmmm i think you will change ya mind gloria,ive seen some decent footage of prey 2 that made me drool,im pretty good on whats good and whats gonna fail and i feel it in my waters this is gonna do well,it does remind me a little like dishonored combat system ect tho :)
rick75fowler 2 years ago
We will see, I've seen the same footage, and it's just not grabbing me the way the first did. I'm sure it'll be well made, and successful enough, but it just doesn't seem to offer anything new or exciting at this point.
Gloria 2 years ago
Might be tempted to give the original Prey a go if I could find it for a reasonable price (£15 on GoD still).
shiny miller 2 years ago
Loads on Ebay for under a fiver.
Gloria 2 years ago
Loved the first one, aprt from the no death thing lol
Pyroloveridge 2 years ago
Look at the source, line 71, "". It looks like the protagonist from Prey is either going to make a cameo, or will be a main story NPC. I seriously cannot wait for this game. The first Prey is one of my favourite games of all time.
Thomas 2 years ago
Have to agree with this!
Lavindathar 2 years ago
I tried quoting the code, but I should have typed it instead of copying and pasting, lol. For anyone who doesn't want to/cannot be bothered, it says "Tommy needs your help".
Thomas 2 years ago
I can’t wait for this game to be released, since watching the first trailer this game is on top of my list.
Bhamkeyx 2 years ago