The Last of Us - New footage and images released

Now, here's a treat that's sure to brighten up your Monday! Sony and Naughty Dog have released a ton of new images and even some brand new gameplay footage for their upcoming title - The Last of Us.

The two minutes of gameplay features the first showing of the 'Clickers', one of the three types of infected that you'll have to battle within the game. The unique feature about the 'Clicker' is that they are completely blind and use sound to feel out food, locations and enemies. Swanky. This type on infected are essentially a one hit kill, so if you are discovered...Run.?

Along with the new gameplay, a host of brand new images have been released. Take a look at these below. Click to enlarge.

Thanks, AGB

You can preorder The Last of Us from ShopTo today. Make sure you get your preorder in for the The Last of Us: Joel Edition before the game releases on May 7th.

?

?

?

Edited On 04 Feb, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
really gutted this is a ps3 exclusive looks immense :( my cousin bottled on giving me his ps3 so im missing out on this and no ni! hope all the ps3 owners enjoy this cause it does look awesome
I'm lucky. My brother got a PS3 last year for his birthday. Totally gonna buy this game and steal his PS3, lol.
Thomas 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
lucky! so envy you right now lol
0000000000 4 years ago
Katana190's avatar
Yes it really does suck that its a PS3 exclusive same as Ni No Kuni they both look like really good games which us Xbox 360 and PC players won't be able to get our hands on D:
Katana190 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Another great exclusive that us Xbox users have to miss out on, Hopefully those 4 new IP's that were announced are something to compete.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Carl-G's avatar
Carl-G 4 years ago
This looks AMAZING :P (i am trying really hard not to look at videos of the game tho because i don't want to spoil my fun of the game when i get it) + Hopefully we will see 'Uncharted 4' on the 'PS4' on the 20th of this month from ND & SONY :P :P :P (well that is my dream anyway) ;)
Looking good, very similar to the modern Resident Evils. I may have to pick up a PS3 at some point.
I hope it isn't too much like the recent Resident Evil games. Compared to the older games, RE 5 wasn't great, and RE 6 seemed more like a third person Call of Duty.
Thomas 4 years ago
Personally I enjoyed them, not as much as 4, but they were fine.
LFC Bywater's avatar
I enjoyed 4, 5 and 6. Maybe not as much as 1, 2 and 3 But still they were enjoyable.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Lavindathar's avatar
Lavindathar 4 years ago
Bit upset that it's a PS3 only exclusive, as it looks great. It might be the first game in a good five (?) years in the survival horror genre, to actually be about survival and not run and gun action horror. Well, it may get ported to the 360, just a bit later. We can hope!
It's not, Zombi U was.
It will never be ported over to Xbox due to the fact that Sony owns Naughty Dog. Just like Halo will never be on a PlayStation.
James 4 years ago
James is right. Unless Naughty Dog gets sold, The Last of Us will remain PS exclusive.
Thomas 4 years ago
@Thomas. Even if Naughty Dog is sold off and made into a third part studio they still wouldn't be able publish it on the 360 due to the fact that Sony will own the rights to that franchise. Just like Bungie left Microsoft but couldn't port Halo to PS3 because Microsoft outright own the Halo franchise.
James 4 years ago
@James Yeah, I realised I forgot to add the part about Naughty Dog, or their buyer, would need to purchase the license to the game, and to the name.
Thomas 4 years ago
Phantombane's avatar
Phantombane 4 years ago
I can't wait for this game! May can't come soon enough!
Phantombane's avatar
Phantombane 4 years ago
I can't wait for this game! May can't come soon enough!
amd500's avatar
amd500 4 years ago
I really can't wait for this game. Good job there are plenty of great games in the run up to the May launch of this.
rick75fowler's avatar
rick75fowler 4 years ago
I brought a ps3 a few weeks back ready to play this game and beyond:two souls and also my lucky win of ni no kuni of course, this game is really getting better the more i see footage and pics,that video has got to be the scariest one i have seen and heard.the nosie those zombies make are really creepy,this game has got to be played in the dark with headphones on mwhaaaaaa!!!!!!
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Atmosphere looks nice. But the combat and the gameplay doesn't really look too great. Naughty Dog strike again with that I guess.
Bhamkeyx's avatar
Bhamkeyx 4 years ago
The game looks awesome, this got to be the best or one of the best years for gamers, with so many great games coming out, the expection is really high and I'm sure The Last Of Us, with many other will not disappoint us this year.
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
this game looks amazing you can tell its naughty dog. I can't wait for this game its nice to have someone named joel in a video game for once i thought my name would never be in one now it is yes (:
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
yes zombies! very happy and will be preordering
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
on the game it is very good graphically a bit like resi 2 meets uncharted meets tomb raider 2. what is in this joel edition?
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
this is shaping up to be another naughty dog classic cannot wait till april got my joel edition pre ordered , reminds me of abit like i am legond with will smith , 2013 is looking like a good year to be a gamer , and hard on wallets to!
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
yes thank god for the shopto competitions going to need it! wonder if they will do a win every game compo lol only joking
Coolsambob's avatar
Coolsambob 4 years ago
I do want this, but dunno if I wanna pay £40 for it, it looks amazing but also looks like it could disappoint
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Wow... not only a great looking action game but now it looks set to take the crown of being the first decent survival horror in about 10 years to boot. This game is going to be huge.
Silly Billy's avatar
It can't be an action game and survival horror, RE proved that. Plus there have been several decent survival horror games in the last ten years, but they weren't Sony exclusives so a fantard like you ignores them.
Silly Billy 4 years ago
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
dead space was good survival horror kevin but this is more like to the roots of survive horror. like the old resi
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
Not often I buy a game on release, but probably will for this!
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
this is a dead cert and naughty dog games are always so well polished
Arun1910's avatar
Arun1910 4 years ago
This is why I love the PS3! Best exclusives in my opinion, thats the only thing I use my PS3 for nowadays the poor thing.
sawyer77's avatar
sawyer77 4 years ago
This just looks better and better every time I see stuff from it! Can't wait!!!
sawyer77's avatar
sawyer77 4 years ago
This just looks better and better every time I see stuff from it! Can't wait!!!
fusearts's avatar
fusearts 4 years ago
This game looks fantastic, has Naughty Dog written all over it. Hopefully more of these games to come.
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago