Skyrim DLC dated for PS3

Bethedsa has at last announced the European release dates for the English versions of Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard - that's all the DLC so far for The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.

Here's the dates:

Dragonborn releases Wednesday, February 13
Hearthfire releases Wednesday, February 20
Dawnguard releases Wednesday, February 27

The French, Italian, German and Spanish releases of the game are to arrive at a later date.

It's been a long wait for PlayStation fans to get hold of this DLC, so this will no doubt come as good news to those Skyrim devotees out there.

Edited On 04 Feb, 2013

Comments
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Price is $20 for Dragonborn/Dawnguard and $5 for Hearthfire. So $10 for the half price time and $2.50. No idea if that'll translate to £20 Europe price or what.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Dragonborn/Dawnguard = €20 (€10 first week) Heartfire = €5 (€2.50 first week) Total = €45 (€22.50 first week) According to companies is $ = € in value.
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
I think it will be around 10-15 euros half price.
Thomas 4 years ago
Damn, forgot to add Dragonborn and Dawnguard separately, lol.
Thomas 4 years ago
Lavindathar's avatar
Lavindathar 4 years ago
Despite being a 360 user myself, and having the DLC way before the PS3, I think that this has been left far too long. I understand sometimes people get exclusivity, and sometimes there are technical hitches that delay things, but, someone missed the mark on this one by waiting so long.
I believe MicroSoft paid Bethedsa into making the game "exclusive" in a way. They paid them to make sure it was ported to the PS3 and PC and not from PC to consoles, or PS3 to PC and Xbox. This payment also made sure the DLC would come to the Xbox first, then the other platforms months later. I cannot remember where I found this, but I am 95% certain it was an article somewhere. I could try and find a source.
Thomas 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
Nope. There was an exclusivity deal with MS, yeah, but the reason for the delay was because Bethesda screwed up the PS3 version of the game and knowingly released a broken product and they've been struggling to get the DLC working ever since.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Should be getting all of this for free since the PS3 version STILL isn't fixed. It's living proof that you can do whatever you want with the promise of fix's later and then hold out until people have forgotten about it.
Bhamkeyx's avatar
Bhamkeyx 4 years ago
They took their time, I think it should have been even cheaper, maybe even free, but giving these for free will propably be a bit unfair towards the xbox and PC gamers, so I suppose, half price is a not a bad deal, but Bethesda needs to work really hard to improve their games for PS3 gamers, otherwise they will loose customers and money.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Feel sorry for all the PS3 users who have had to go without this DLC for this long, at least you get to play it now though, and if i were you i'd get downloading as soon as these are out, as they add extra length to the campaign and are filled with great quest and additional things that you can do.
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
will there be a skyrim goty edition like on the oblivion one joe? i may hold out for that and trade in skyrim i have
If Skryim won a GOTY award then yes, there will most likely be a GOTY edition. All Bethesda games seem to release later on with all DLC. You have Fallout 3: GOTY, Oblivion, Fallout: NV: Ultimate edition, etc. So I am betting there will be a re-release later on down the line which includes all DLC.
Thomas 4 years ago
Steven 4 years ago
Part of me is delighted the DLC is finally here, the other part of me is still angry about the whole way in which this issue was dealt with. Yet another part of me is waiting to see if EU gets shafted on prices as usual $20 is roughly £12.70 - so with 50% discount we should be looking at paying no more than £6.35, the $5 DLC Hearthfire equates to roughly £3.18 so with the 50% discount we should be looking to pay no more than £1.59.......... now lets wait and see what the actual prices are when it hits the EU PS Store!
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
would it not be worth getting a goty platinum copy im sure one will come out
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
I really hope no one buys this, but experience has taught me that that's not likely.
Rachael 4 years ago
I wouldnt get it simply on principle. Ps3 users got fleeced and hung out to dry. Bad company = no sale for me.
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
would you simply just skip it due to this? does not make sense even if they have screwed us over. i will wait for a goty edition then buy that but if this is the only way of me getting this i will buy
i have already played it on Xbox, so wouldnt get it again anyway. But yeh, simply on principle i would not get it. Developers need to understand that customers are the ones who keep their business running, and should be treated fairly.
Rachael 4 years ago
Daniel 4 years ago
whatever, im not buying this. i been waiting for ages but this is a joke. a whole year has it been? i completed everything in the vanilla game and now years later they hand me a outdated dlc and sell it to me in what will probably be a bad translation of currency (10 dollars in US Store...10 EUROS IN EU STORE) god sake.
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Don't think Bethesda like the PS3, really. Or know how to code for it! Maybe they'll get a grip with the PS4. 15 months after the game was released and they bother to release the DLC! Does the attention span of the average gamer last that long with a title? ;)