Dead Space 3 demo downloaded two million times

##@image@##

The demo for Dead Space 3 has been downloaded 2 million times, EA has announced today.

Whether it's a huge anticipation for the game or just the fact that there is not much else to play around this time of year, it seems like everyone is lapping the demo up.

As we all know, Dead Space 3 has come under criticism for its use of micro-transaction payments within the game, even though other EA titles have done so in the past without nearly as much fuss (FIFA, Mass Effect). We are pretty sure these micro-transaction options will continue in future titles too. After all if it makes the publisher money then it'll do it.

Have you played the Dead Space 3 demo? If so then let us know your thoughts below.

Edited On 04 Feb, 2013

Comments
Lavindathar's avatar
Lavindathar 4 years ago
I actually skipped the demo. Not because I don't enjoy the series, I'll get Dead Space 3 no doubt. But just not a big fan of demos.....I understand they are there to give buyers a preview, a DEMOnstration, but for me, personally, demo's ruin the experience. I want that first day of playing to be completely new!
I also skipped the demo. I received an early release code for it, but never bothered activating it. And now I just cannot be bothered to download it. Shame they didn't have a PC demo.
Thomas 4 years ago
Carl-G's avatar
Carl-G 4 years ago
Demo was ok. 2 player online was cool. But the 1st Dead Space was the BEST;) Will get this game when it's cheaper(unless i win it on this, hint, hint) :D
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 4 years ago
I played the demo, and it was the weapon crafting system that sold me. If it is as deep as I think, it is going to need plenty of playtime in scavenging the parts. I did not play the game game much as after that I decided to get it and did not want to spoil the fun / surprises. It certainly looks cool ;)
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
Im with Lavindather ere.....I love dead space and I cant wait for dead space 3 im only downloading the demo now coz i heard i can get some exclusive N7 armour I wont play the demo though......lookin forward to friday or thursday or wednesday (whenever the guys at this mighty fine establishment despatch it....nudge nudge wink wink!!!)
I thought you only got the N7 armour if you have a save of ME3 on your system?
Thomas 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I've found that when i pre-order games from Shopto they arrive thursday latest, which is plenty good enough for me.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
makki 4 years ago
I downloaded the demo to see if I'm going to purchase my first Dead Space game but I wasn't impressed with the game, Maybe it's just me because this is my first Dead Space Demo I've tried
I recommend the first Dead Space. It will always be the best in the franchise.
Thomas 4 years ago
Bhamkeyx's avatar
Bhamkeyx 4 years ago
I have watched the 30minute demo online, looks great, the co-op part seemed great too. From what I have seen, the game looks amazing, definitley worth purchasing it. I only played the first one, which I enjoyed, and I think I will just jump to the 3rd one, skipping the second one for now.
meatabstract's avatar
meatabstract 4 years ago
This is apparently double the amount the DS2 demo got as well. Could this be because the series has been heading more and more into action territory over horror? Possibly. Keep meaning to give the demo a whirl.
It most likely is. I think they are trying to branch out into a wider audience. I mean, when you try and get smartphone gamers to buy your game, of course that is what you are doing, lol.
Thomas 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Loved the demo, I like the co-op of it too but not as much as playing it by myself, takes abit of the tension and scare out of it when playing with a friend. These are impressive numbers though, and i'm sure the game will sell extremely well despite the Micro-transaction thing they got going on, it didn't effect Fifa's sales one bit.
I agree. People moan about it, but they are still gonna buy it.
Thomas 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Not sure if i will buy it, but aslong as it doesn't affect my playthrough of the game by me not buying it, then i'm not fussed.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I agree. I will be extremely annoyed if I am almost forced into making purchases via microtransactions. Of course I will not do it, I just better not feel like the game has been programmed to make me feel that need.
Thomas 4 years ago
I dont think either of you need to worry, it will be unlikely if they were to force it onto people, it wouldnt be worth their risk stirring things up too much, would backfire on them more than it already has.
Rachael 4 years ago
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
love it and the new monsters with the snow shovels they freak me out hacking at me!
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
not too bothered by microtransactions seeing as this is my gory game will be buying some will be buying thirty pound worth if i win pretty please shopto *flutter eyelashes*
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
i have played the demo i can honestly say it is no where near as good as dead space 1 and 2 there is to much action for me i loved dead space because i was alone in space where no one could hear me scream not anymore ):
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
i love the atmosphere of this dead space just cant agree with you dead space 1 was good as was 2 but this is like resi 5 in the light. different is excitong
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
i played the demo over the week end , i thought it was a bit of a step down from dead space 2 more action focused and less make you jump out of your seat moments , but still enjoyed it alot the new weapon crafting is a great idea adding your own touch to weapons. also the human enemys which you can shoot there limbs off! i am sure it will still be fun to play and its long play time adds to the value. bring it on
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
recommend if you have nether played a dead space game before start with 1 @ 2 first , when you first meet a necromorph in dead space 1 you will jump !
oh yes you will and the regenerator its like being followed round by keith chegwin
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
i was unsure of the human enemies kratos but atmospherically its very good a bad day in isaacs bad life! what was your favourite bit i really do like the monsters who come down the slopes with the claws brrrr scary but what i want!
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
my best bit i think was the little monsters that bring back dead enemys back to life like face hugers from aliens u have to watch them
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
oh i forgot them they were good and one got me in ds2 it replaced my head with this gunky blob i hope it dont make the reappearance do you think there will be the anti gravity bits in this one and the windows you shoot and have to press button before being sucked out
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
humans was ok as enemys a bit of a change but still good to know you can deal with them the same way as others , still makes me jumpy when you can hear sounds around you but cannot see through the snow
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
not sure about the anti gravity sections but the videos of being out side in space look cool might play simular , i am looking forward to playing in the dark with sound up cannot wait
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
oh yes thats why i think this is a good change the dark is not bad it worked but this is amazing setting as its different the last game i know was set in snow was lost planet 1 dont know if it any good but may be worth a shot too seeing as its old and cheap probably a trip down to cex for that one but yes the monsters growling without seeing them is cool
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
i have noticed there is more ammo around this time though which i think should be less of , in 2 you have to think a head when faced with loads of enemys and always heart racing when you run out and still they came at you
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
i found 2 easy but that was after 12 playthroughs with weapons maxed out do you know you can kill the regenerator at the end get him by the fan status him then use the force gun to blast him through ok it's the last bit but boy is it fun and a fitting end! guessing by your name guess your excited about god of war
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
sure am got collectors edition on pre order hope shpo to can get out early when out in march epic !
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
god of war is just great the first was the best did you play ghost of sparta on psp? god of war 3 wasnt bad but wasnt the best the game went downhill after the hades fight but its still a great just too many boss battles
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
got all hd collections and 3 i think that was the best though , played the new demo with total recall i thought it was alot better and now with multi player as well
Beazi's avatar
God of War! What a game what a series. Will definitely be buying this new incarnation. Very interesting what you said about it going in a different direction Kelly. I would quite like a different theme, but would be OK with Egypt.
Beazi 4 years ago
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
i havent played it yet as didnt want total recall dont understand why they do that i didn't get the 2nd collection had both on psp though i think 1 was the hardest especially as you near pandoras box those harpies! any new baddies this time round and how does multiplayer play?
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
there is some new enemys its not a long demo though , there is some elephant type with armour on and you get a new type of rage mode , havent played muti player but looking forward to see how it plays though
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
oh i so want it now! the elephant i think i saw on a video was immense wonder if they are moving in the direction of another mythology? egyptian would be good but been done before indian would be good though and unique
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
i think we have gone alittle of topic here lol god of war on dead space 3 page but yes very impressed with it , it was abit like 300 movie when they used different animals in the persion army
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
lol! well they are similar they are both gory! ds3 on that ni no kuni page now that would be a bit more controversial! but yes it looks great the multiplayer looks good i have heard loads of complaints that god of war doesnt need it but i think it was crying out for it all along!
scourge's avatar
scourge 4 years ago
looking forward to getting my hands on this. only thing that lets it down is, (no not micro-transactions! im not being forced to use them) the fact that their is no split screen co-op! such a massive oversight by the devs. was really looking forward to playing it with the Mrs and watching her freak out.
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
lol that actually would be good and easy to do with the playstation eye and kinect to watch your partner freak whilst playing it
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
i think the co op is a great idea what they have done where one person sees isacs mind playing tricks , but not what the other player sees , its interesting to find out when chating what they will see when playing
that's where this is unique so really you have 2 scenarios
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
i think that this is what made my mind up to get aswell , hope to play tricks on other players just to freak out more lol
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
makes coop more enjoyable i expect i think where the game messes with the mind (make you think your partners dead) would be good too but doubt it go that far
Steven 4 years ago
THIS is how OU put a demo out that sells the game! I'm considering day 1 purchase now thanks to the demo...... not like hat awful GoW A demo that's made me want to actually cancel my preorder!
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
any one who wants co op on this add my psn STARSCREAM-SCOTT looking for players
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
cant imagine that a demo of gow would make anyone cancel there preorder as we know santa monica don't do demos
will add you kratos
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
I cannot see why you would cancel gow A after playing the demo its as good as 3 if not better cannot please every one
gow is no 4 in pre order chart people must agree
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
i think with god of war they purposely hold bits back but that's a good thing! when i buy it its all new to me cannot wait
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Decent demo, but the game has changed too much for my liking. Will wait for a price cut I think.
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
I'd be very surprised if the game its self shifts 2 million copies
MARK 4 years ago
Apparently it needs to sell something like five million copies to make a profit. Which explains why they've taken the more action oriented route in order to appeal to a larger base. I didn't really like the demo. The universal ammo is a bad idea and I didn't like the weapon crafting or the human enemies. I'll probably pick it up when it's cheap.
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Uh, is this really Dead Space anymore? Only have the first game to compare it too. Open world gameplay with corridor-confining control scheme felt weird. The boss battle didn't feel particularly fair, either. Co-op is the last thing this game EVER needed; thought the whole point was you were alone in the dark (in the original). Visually, the demo hints at something you'd expect, but this could easily be called VAGUE SPACE now.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I think EA are living on Cloud Cuckoo land if they think there going to achieve that Mark. Like HappyNoodleBoy said above, I would consider it a success if it does sell the 2 million copies. Dead Space 2 despite being one of my favorite games ever (the cable car!), wasn't an overall commercial success. It was popular but wasn't raved about. With all the negativity surrounding certain aspects such as the Micro Transactions which I see as a bad timed move, we could have a bit of a flop on our hands to achieve even that 2 million
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
If Dead Island can sell 5m copies, DS3 could sell 50...