Sniper Elite V2 confirmed for Wii U

505 Games has officially announced that Sniper Elite V2 will be released on the Wii U.

According to the press release, the game arrives on Nintendo's new Wii U console with all new controls and "a level of interactivity only possible" with the Wii U GamePad touch screen.

Apparently, players will enjoy the experience but now with 'even greater tactical depth and flexibility' thanks to the ability to tag enemies and booby-traps, track enemy locations and activity and monitor the blast radius of planted explosives, all via the Gamepad.

Jason Kingsley, CEO of Rebellion said "Sniper Elite is just the kind of mature game that is perfect for the different mechanics of the Wii U. It's been a challenge to get it right, but thanks to our team and the fantastic support of our partners at 505 Games we believe we've brought the unique gameplay to a whole new platform."

Developed by Rebellion, Sniper Elite V2 will be releasing for the Nintendo Wii U in Spring 2013.

Edited On 05 Feb, 2013

Comments
ziiThunderz's avatar
ziiThunderz 4 years ago
I sold my Xbox 360 for the new one already (Keen bean) I missed playing this game as I sold a few Xbox games including this. CANNOT WAIT TO OWN THIS WOO.
MARK 4 years ago
The 360 version is a great game, let down by respawning enemies in later levels. The game rates kills as points, and the respawns ruined the high scoring aspect for me.
Lavindathar's avatar
Lavindathar 4 years ago
This was a great title on the 360. Unfortunately, many played it just for the easy 1000g and missed out on the game itself. It did lose it's way a bit at times, however, its still a game all gamers should play. Can't wait for v3!
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Games the purport to be realistic, especially in an historical sense, should ease down on the tech they give the players. As an example, you will be able to 'track' enemies and such like - what? With some kind of gadgetry or something? Far Cry 3 took this idea and gave all manner of tools, weaponry and abilities to what amounted to an extreme sports fan! (I do like the technical aspects of said game, even if the story is nonsense!).
Not a game that interests me, but the more Wii U games the better.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Another late, overpriced port? Beggars can't be choosers I know, but this game was horrible a year ago and unless it's been completely rebuilt I daresay it's horrible now as well.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
have to agree this game was a mess when it came out on ps3 , i did not like it and if they have made no new changes to this version , i think you are better off buying the cheaper ps3 or 360 version instead
neohawk's avatar
neohawk 4 years ago
The future of wiiu looks ever so bright lol
Barada's avatar
One dodgy title doesn't a system make. Having played the Wii U and seen its quality, it can equal the other systems. OK, so the other rivals have new machines being unveiled but the Wii U is on good ground. No worries..;)
Barada 4 years ago
It's always the ones who haven't played it that are quick to badmouth it, anyone who has played it knows it's a quality system and that Nintendo have nothing to worry about.
PrometheusFan's avatar
That would be fine, but this is far from the only "weak" title the Wii U has to it's name in a year that is positively barren of release schedule for the console. And Nintendo have plenty to worry about if you look at sales of the Wii U everywhere, most especially in Japan, Nintendo's strongest territory historically.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Silly Billy's avatar
You always make me laugh Kevin, how can somebody seemingly intelligent make so many laughably stupid assumptions?
Silly Billy 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
For what its worth and being a fan of Kevins comments. I genuinely think he is winding you up and it ALWAYS seems to work.
Datastatic 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
Indeed. I get quite the buzz from being insulted for no good reason. What assumptions did I make that were so stupid Davey?
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
I think this would be great on Wii U. Its not perfect, for a game called Sniper Elite there is not enough Sniping, but i can see how it would be good with a pad. Kind of like what was attempted with Silent Scope back in the day.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Never heard of it before. Looks pretty damn generic. But hey I suppose if you love FPS games and own a Wii U then it's great I guess.
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
i never played the first one or this one is it a good game anyone and would you say i should give it a try on my wii u
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
makes good use of the screen would like to have a go at a wii u soon
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Nothing will beat the sniper rifle in Resident Evil 4 - quick, easy to use and deadly. OK, it didn't have the 'press LS to hold breath' or slow-mo kills, it just did its job!