Project Gotham Racing 5 could be next Xbox launch title

A new Project Gotham Racing game is in development for the next Xbox according to rumours this morning.

STFUandPlay's reporting that the new game is in development at new studio Lucid Games, a studio consisting of former Criterion and Bizarre Creations staff. Project Gotham 5 has been tipped as an Xbox 720 launch title.

If the above is true then it could mean that both next-gen consoles will have a high profile racing game ready at launch.

We love the PGR series, so we certainly wouldn't be complaining.

Edited On 06 Feb, 2013

Comments
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
i always found the title misleading, i didn't see batman once. shoultn't they at least put the batmobile in?
0000000000's avatar
lol on form u are the past few days
0000000000 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Boom Boom
Beazi 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
This sounds good I liked the last one I played, but that was on the old Xbox
MARK 4 years ago
That is the best news I have heard PGR is and was a fantastic racing game that straddles the line better than any other between a fun driving experience and a real one! This has made what was an almost definite purchase of the new xbox to a confirmed definite. The PGR serious offered a great multi player on line driving experience and a large off line experience but most of all the handling was very sweet on all of the cars. So long as that handling model is there and they still include many city locations and tracks to race around I will be like a pig in poop!
I just hope it's better than the last two, 3 and 4 weren't a patch on 2.
Lavindathar's avatar
Lavindathar 4 years ago
This could be great news, as we need more competition in the racing genre. Forza, needs some competition. NFS tries, but ultimately, doesn't come close. Maybe the next PGR will?
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
this is no suprise to me PGR is always an xbox launch.. but ive never rated the games compared to forza... 2 was the best 1 by far
MARK 4 years ago
2 Was indeed the best by far but PGR 3 was a great launch title that even to this day is visually very compelling. I do think the weather in 4 was great with water build up on the roads but for me the bikes were an unnecessary distraction. Ultimately PGR3 was a game that looked great and played very well and to have that in a launch line up is a big deal. The fact that it's here is no surprise as MS have been holding onto the IP for some time now but the fact that they have got some of the original bizare team and Criterion working on this is a surprise. It's this that gives me hope that this will be a good game and not just MS rolling out a game with PGR on it's cover but with little or no content to it.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Was number 2 the last one on the XBox if so that was very good
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
There's too many games on the starting grid - even the F1 circuit has a cut-off point for qualifying! Sadly, when I think of racing games, this series isn't one of them. Weren't these the same people who made Metropolis Street Racer for the Dreamcast - I enjoyed that!
Yep, PGR was an unofficial sequel, hence the Metropolis/Gotham connection.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I didn't realize that! I had a Dreamcast for a short period of time, and decided to ditch it just before the announcement that they were discontinuing it. It never seemed to get any support and the game selection was a bit poor
Barada's avatar
Very rarely do I get a console on the strength of one game, but I did with the Dreamcast - Soul Calibur. Only got about nine games in total but they were quality titles - MSR, Soul Calibur, Wetrix, Powerstone 2, Quake III: Arena and NBA2K to name the best ones!
Barada 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Have loved every PGR game there has been, even preferred them to Forza to be honest, Was worried aswell that we would never be seeing a sequel due to how long 4 had been out with no news of a 5th. So this has brightened my day.
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
Yeah I prefer Project Gotham to Forza to be honest but I prefer Bornout to both im more an arcade racer or a Kart racer lover than a simulator lover I mean the original Gran Turismo on Psone was just hell for me do a test so you can drive a car.....hang on Sony didnt I just pay 30 quid for that privelage.....im kidding just not for me I will keep my eye on PGR5 though as I thought the series was dead either way its good to see it return
Bhamkeyx's avatar
Bhamkeyx 4 years ago
I think it is better to launch a new gen console with anything except racing games, better to go for RPG, a game which will keep us entertained, racing games aren't great at the moment, I have much more fun playing shooters or rpgs than racing games, they tent to get very repetitive and boring quickly.
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
i am not a fan of racing games gran turismo for one is not exciting it looks real and plays real but its boring
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
God, why did MS ever let Bizarre go in the first place if it's come to this? Seems like half the former studio devs are also working on a similar title for the PS4 launch. **** just got personal.
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
it is there choice to do playstation4 can understand why any xbox fans would be cheesed off
neohawk's avatar