PlayStation Store Download Chart, Jan: Saints Row: The Third in top spot

Sony has revealed the PlayStation Store charts for January, showing some surprises.

First up is the PS3 charts, which sees Saints Row: The Third take the top spot thanks to some nice savings in the January sale. Just Cause 2 also performed well at number two, although new releases, such as DMC: Devil May Cry didn't quite make the top ten.

In the PSN charts, Journey returns to the top spot once again, seeing fun adventure The Cave having to settle for second place.

The PS Vita charts sees Oddworld at number one, despite competition from new entry, Retro City Rampage. In fact that's the only new entry in the PS Vita top 10, which says it all really.

Check out the charts below.

Full PS3 game downloads:

1. Saints Row: The Third (Re-entry)
2. Just Cause 2 (5)
3. Sports Champions 2 (RE)
4. Far Cry 3 (1)
5. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (RE)
6. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (RE)
7. Lord of the Rings: War in the North (New)
8. Borderlands 2 (RE)
9. Red Dead Redemption (RE)
10. Max Payne 3 (RE)

PSN games:

1. Journey (6)
2. The Cave (New)
3. Sonic Adventure 2 (RE)
4. The Walking Dead ? Season Pass (4)
5. Mass Effect (1)
6. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD (5)
7. Okami HD (7)
8. TOKYO JUNGLE (3)
9. Hydrophobia Prophecy (RE)
10. Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection (RE)

PS Vita games:

1. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD (1)
2. Retro City Rampage (New)
3. Table Top Tanks (RE)
4. Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified (3)
5. Table Ice Hockey (RE)
6. MotorStorm RC (10)
7. Uncharted: Fight for Fortune (2)
8. Assassin's Creed III: Liberation (5)
9. Plants vs. Zombies (RE)
10. LittleBigPlanet PS Vita (7)

PS Classics:

1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (1)
2. Final Fantasy IX (RE)
3. Final Fantasy VII (7)
4. Final Fantasy VIII (10)
5. Crash Bandicoot (3)
6. Spyro The Dragon Trilogy (2)
7. CTR: Crash Team Racing (4)
8. Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (5)
9. Final Fantasy VI (RE)
10. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (6)

Edited On 07 Feb, 2013

Comments
Beazi 4 years ago
Saints Row are quality games... but will get them physical from here if I get the third
Barada's avatar
Why wouldn't anyone just pick-up the hard-copy of Saints Row The Third? Under a tenner at most retail points now!
Barada 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
I bought the ultimate edition on steam for £7.50 :3.
Konakona 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Even I was tempted recently with Deus Ex: Human Revolution for just £5.99 on PS3. Resisted and will get disc-version at some point.
It was £2.49 in Currys recently
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
saints row is quality though i brought the full pack version very worth every penny for the extra dlc you get with it rather have the disc version
Beazi 4 years ago
I'm playing Saints Row 2 at the moment (probably noticed this last night Kratos20 as was on it all evening bar when the little one wanted to play as a Dinosaur climbing a building), and I am loving it. Graphically its rubbish, but to play its such a laugh. Theres something about going to the airport, nicking a jumbo jet and flying it round Stilwater!
Barada's avatar
I've had a play of the first two, but they pale in comparison to the orgiastic mayhem of the 'The Third'. It's Genki time!
Barada 4 years ago
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
have you played the third yet even more insane about half way through they have always been crazy , is there multi player on the second got it dont know if there was
Beazi 4 years ago
Not as yet I haven't but very tempted at ShopTo prices. There is multiplayer on the second, someone try to enter my game yesterday but I turned them away when I saw there PSN Name. Lets say it was very odd. And anyway they wouldn't be able to find me, I was in my jumbo jet flying to a Nuclear Power Station
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
try and find my copy out , go for the 3 full pack off shop to great price for what you get and dlc
Beazi 4 years ago
I think I will do that. Does that allow you to play as that Cat thing Dr whatever its name was
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
yes you get all the clothes cars weopons and missions that was released as dlc worth every penny hover jets are the best vtol s
Get in! It will tide over till the big one, Grand Theft Auto 5 comes out
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
on it most times let me know if you get it , you can chosse how the story changes abit aswell you make choices at points
Beazi 4 years ago
That is pretty cool so no two playthrough's are the same I guess. Seriously am thinking of ordering it, but there's so many games coming out at the moment. Dead Space 3, Aliens, God of War Ascension, Aimee Kearsley and the Temple of Doom... theres loads!!!
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
tell me about it my wallets takin a pounding this month and next
Beazi 4 years ago
I agree. Don't know how I'm going to be able to afford it all. Glad I won Devil May Cry as that was a game I wanted to play, but had I not won it probably wouldn't of played before Christmas otherwise. Love it, although I seem to struggle with jumping then using the angel powers!
Beazi 4 years ago
By the way Aimee Kearsley and the Temple of Doom is my name for Tomb Raider, just so I'm not disappointed ;) I might even Photoshop myself a replacement cover :)
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
lol i think it will cause some trouble abit like resi and dead space when they try to take a new direction
Beazi 4 years ago
And Devil May Cry, even though the latest version wipes the floor with the old ones. I couldn't believe the uproar!
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
true could not see what the fuss was about
Beazi 4 years ago
I think some people are against change. I don't like what they did to Resident Evil from 3 to 4, prefer what they've done to Devil May Cry, concerned about Dead Space and human enemies (although Necromorphs attacking anyone who looks half-real is good) and very concerned about Tomb Raider (thus my unofficial Indiana Jones esque title)
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
just saw just cause 2 in second place on chart was a bit shocked on how old it is would like to see the 3 sooner though
I played a demo of Just Cause 2 and didn't like it at all
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
abit of a gta clone again liked how you could hijack planes and jets though mid air
Beazi 4 years ago
PML! Might have to download the demo again and give it a more thorough go. I found it a bit frustrating and the location boring
Although Stillwater is very grey
Lots of comments by you two lol
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
always find topics to chat about lol
you are an interesting poster to me as well from dead space to god of war
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Final fantasy 7, 8 and 9 all part of the top 4 in the classic's range, Wouldn't expect anything less.
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
doesnt tell me any new but everyone is panic buying thq stuff the quality is pretty good from them though nomally sad to have lost them but at least the studios still survive most of anyway so all the hard work so far has not been lost is south park still on for march
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
would be good to see the ps2 chart but be a bit boring 1 gta vice city 2 gta san an 3 gta iii 4 london racer 3d 5 midas classic collection lol