Activision to publish TMNT games after signing deal with Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon and Activision Publishing have announced a worldwide, multi-year deal for the latter to develop and publish video games inspired by the new CG-animated series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

"Activision is a leader in the gaming industry and we are honored to have them as the global video game partner for our new hit series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles," said Sherice Torres, Senior Vice President of Entertainment Products, Nickelodeon Consumer Products. "We are confident that these upcoming games will take gamers through interactive environments and action-packed adventures that truly capture the essence, tone and exciting elements of the Turtles."

"The fans of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are unique in that they span generations and are very passionate, said Kurt Niederloh, Vice President, Activision Publishing Minneapolis, Inc. We respect this passion and look forward to working with Nickelodeon to create games that embody the spirit of the property."

No details of platforms or of the game's themselves have yet been revealed. There have been some pretty great TMNT games over the years, so lets hope Activision does not let us down.

Edited On 07 Feb, 2013

Comments
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
I could any number of TMNT-themed puns here, but I won't. I will predict that the games will inevitably be side-scrolling beat em-ups. TMNT 2 and Heroes in Time are both over-rated - I loved the original TMNT on the NES, even if it was punishingly difficult.
I will be avoiding this like the plague, apart from being made by Activision I really don't like the art style of the new Turtles show.
LFC Bywater's avatar
All of the cartoons have that dodgy art style now, Had to babysit my cousin recently and put cartoon network on for her when we got in. Was in shock, They have even managed to ruin Tom and Jerry.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
i thought the makers of batman arkham city were making a turtles game at some point , i can imagine it being a better quailty aswell
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
as im 24 and still love the turtles i cant justify buying this game.. but having a 5 year old is reason enough to buy it "for him" :P
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Teenage Mutant Immortal Turtles should be their name. I played the arcade version of this franchise way back. Had a Spectrum version of it as well. I liked the animated TMNT film that was made, but I don't exactly follow their 'career' as it were. ;)
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
i love the turtles donatello being my favourite one and love this idea bring on a turtles game
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
wait and see on this i think i do <3 turtles though, remind me of my childhood
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
liked it when they use to search for the sewer rats. also i love pizza but those turtles were just overdoing it