Scribblenauts Unlimited released on eStore despite retail delay *update* Official statement

The Wii U drama continues today, because despite a last minute delay to Scribblenauts Unlimited at retail, the game has this morning appeared on the Wii U eStore.

Now we aren't too sure if you fancy paying 49.99 GBP for the game or not, maybe you will if you are desperate enough for a new game, to us though this cost is a little too high.

We aren't sure why Nintendo would release this version when the retail release has been delayed, perhaps the fix has been made and it wanted to appease fans after the disappointing new of Rayman Legends delay?

We have contacted Nintendo for comment.

*Update*

Nintendo have removed Scribblenauts from the eStore and have provided us with an official statement.

"Scribblenauts Unlimited for Wii U which was recently delayed for Europe was made available today to download on the Nintendo eShop for a short period of time. This title has now been removed from the Nintendo eShop. We are very sorry for any confusion this may have caused and we hope to make further announcements on the European launch of these games very soon."

Edited On 08 Feb, 2013

Comments
Lavindathar's avatar
Lavindathar 4 years ago
Cost is far too high to warrant a purchase.

Not sure what the instore RRP is, but it won't be that high, and the price will drop pretty fast on this one.

It's a good franchise, but its still more of an XBLA quality than a retail title.......i wouldn't wanna pay any more than £20 for it on Wii-U.
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Not only is the price a 'Del boy' special but the size of the d/load is going to be ridiculous, I presume. I'm all for using the e-store for small titles like Nano Assault Neo (only 50mb) but some games are crossing the 15GB range! Not all of us will go down this path, especially if we just want to keep the Wii U as it is!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
They've had to delay this for so long only to release it after a few days after release? That's mental.
NokkonWud's avatar
NokkonWud 4 years ago
I've played a few of the Scribblenauts games and always enjoy them for the first 10-15 minutes, but after I'm done making things like "Cthulu" appear, I'm done. I paid a few quid for the iOS version, more than that for the original DS version, really not willing to pay £50 for the same effect just to have *something* to play on the Wii U though.
I'll wait for the disk release, I'm not paying that much for any game.
Barada's avatar
I wouldn't sacrifice over half the original storage for just one game - don't care what it was! The perceived 'small' storage options they gave the Wii U is baffling to me!
Barada 4 years ago
Least you can add as much storage as you like using standard hardware unlike some machines >cough< Vita >cough<
0000000000's avatar
ps vita storage is a joke hense why i dont own 1! but the wii u should come with more standard memory in my eyes
0000000000 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Why does this get brought up everytime? It's not like the Vita is competing with the Wii U at all.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Because it's a major screw up on Sonys part.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
As is releasing a opening day update that takes up most of your consoles storage. But it's not constantly brought up in Vita conversations...
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Because that only affected a small amount of Wii U owners, unlike the Vita's memory cards.
Uchiha Silver's avatar
People say Sony's Vita memory cards are completely ridiculous but you know what good on you Sony as much as many people claim they probably haven't 90% of PSP owners screwed over Sony through hacking it's technically your own fault for this Sony decides to fight back and no one likes the consequences of the masses its a shames it had to come to it but at the end of the day it was a necessary move, I will back Sony completely after the PSP it had great games but everyone just pirated them =(
Uchiha Silver 4 years ago
J-D's avatar
J-D 4 years ago
£50?!?! *slap* screw you nintendo
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
This is becoming a joke, £50 for a game like scribblenauts just isn't right.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
The publisher picks the price on the e-shop. I dunno if the publisher is Nintendo in this case? I thought it was Warner Bros? But either way. Ken's Rage is £49.99 too. It's the RRP for games. Dead Space 3 is £49.99 on the PSN store. As is DMC (I think. Or has this one been reduced?)
Barada's avatar
Always make me smirk when see you what the PSN or XBLA claim are their most popular titles being d/loaded - as though £49.99/59.99 digital versions of new releases are all the rage with gamers. Who are they trying to fool, the shareholders? Certainly not us, are they?
Barada 4 years ago
I think it is probably at this price as it is the RRP. The reason we pay less is because the shops and websites compete with each other to offer us the best price.
Rachael 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
I used to buy SNES games at these prices (£49.99) in stores like Woolworths. Thought the RRP was a thing of the price-fixing past!
Barada 4 years ago
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
the wii u pricing is a bit silly too so it seems
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
who would pay this for a game to download , why do they think people would pay these silly prices for these games and psn aswell
You would think that it would be less as they dont have to create the case, disc, packaging, delivery fees, but never mind....
Rachael 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
To be fair. If it's exclusive to download then it does a bit better. One Piece (download only in America) obviously did well enough to warrant a new game to come out here. Journey sold well (mainly on the back of the hype.) As for me. As much as I complain about the prices. I just went ahead and picked up Ken's Rage on the Wii U for £49.99. doubt that'll sell well. (especially because Nintendo STILL haven't fixed the restricted times. Had to wait up till 11pm, with a massive fever. Purchase it then switch the console off so I could have a sleep XD)
Robichoico 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
The nightly restrictions on the Wii U are a farce. I couldn't even look at some 18-rated trailers until beyond 11pm - after it had blocked me, initially, I wasn't even aware at the time. Apparently, to keep Germany's adult material restrictions intact, Nintendo feel the rest of Europe have to keep to these draconian rules as well!
Barada 4 years ago
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
this is why i worry about next gen dont know much about xbox prices but probably more of the same its good for people who really want this game but price is bit silly