Latest Charts, w/e Feb 10: Dead Space 3 blasts to the top

This week's latest charts are in, showing EA and Visceral's Dead Space 3 at number one.

Taking second spot is another EA game in FIFA 13, while Black Ops 2 takes third spot. In fourth is Far Cry 3, while the Hitman HD Trilogy makes up the top five.

Last week's number one, Ni No Kuni can be found at number six, while Need for Speed, Just Dance 4, Hitman Absolution and Sonic Racing make up the top ten.

Here's the full chart:

15. Skylanders Giants
16. Football Manager
17. Lego The Lord Of The Rings
18. Lego Batman 2: Dc Super Heroes
19. Madden NFL 13
20. Forza Motorsport 4

Ukie Games Charts, compiled by GfK Chart-Track.

Edited On 11 Feb, 2013

Comments
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Latest charts w/e Feb 17th: dead space drops to third lol
More than likely.
0000000000's avatar
4th lol
0000000000 4 years ago
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
DMC gone ?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
I presume Ni No Kuni dropped so much because it was hard to get hold of going by ebay prices.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Unsurprising, but I'm genuinely shocked Ni No Kuni is still riding so high... most especially considering it's sold out most places, with my local GAME actually resorting to selling £50 PSN cards in NNK boxes so people can buy the digital version. Been a very long time since we've seen this sort of clamour for a JRPG, let alone one that's a new IP.
The game has the Studio Ghibli name attached to it & Anime that Studio Ghibli have worked on have always done will in the UK
THussain's avatar
It's no surprise to see this game being sold out in most places as the developers managed to accomplish a magnificent job of bringing both RPG fans and Anime fans together in this truly emersive game.
THussain 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
no DmC :( sad times what a game... aliens be top next week
I doubt it, it's just not that popular a franchise.
Lavindathar's avatar
DMC is a very popular franchise, with some of the most hardcore fans out there.
Lavindathar 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Gloria was referring to Aliens as not being that popular.
Konakona 4 years ago
craigwp2703's avatar
craigwp2703 4 years ago
Dead Space 3, although not a true dead space ( meaning scary and tense) , Is still an enjoyable game, and the co-op can be great fun!
Zombieflamingo's avatar
To be honest I don't find it any less scary than the first but still they are really good games. Not tried it on co-op yet but i am pleased the addition of co-op hasnt taken away from the single player though i do miss the actual save points preferred them over checkpoints. Also has anyone else noticed how Isaac looks like Joshua Jackson from fringe?
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
They should never have revealed him to the world - keep it all isolated and bleak. We don't need to know anymore about him than his unstoppable will to live!
Barada 4 years ago
@Barada - of course they should have! the second game wouldn't have been the same without that more personal connection with Isaac.
Marty 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
@Marty Well, that's me told - haven't even finished the original - I shall remain in the dark for now - as should Isaac! ;)
Barada 4 years ago
THussain's avatar
THussain 4 years ago
It's nice to see new game releases hitting top of the charts. It's shows to the developers that we enjoy the game they put their hard efforts into which encourages them to continue making games for the franchise and to continue making the game even better.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
glad to see this do so well , i thought after the demo the changes they made that it might suffer for it , i hope it continues to do well , lets hope aliens c m will turn out well ,waiting for reviews
There is a review embargo on Aliens, so you won't see any reviews till tomorrow.
Bindiana's avatar
Thats usually a bad sign if reviews are embargoed till the release date.
Bindiana 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
Do they fear a review blacklash somewhere? Bet they're all saying to themselves: must beat Dead Space 3, we must! ;)
Barada 4 years ago
I know it's usually a bad sign, but I know someone who got it at the weekend and they reckon it's OK, and they aren't a fan.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
i hope it turns out well i also have fears no reviews means that its not going to turn out well
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Have a feeling its going to be one of those games that if you are a fan you will love but if not you could wither take it or leave it. Either way im sitting waiting for my collectors edition right now.
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
Probably, luckily I'm a massive Aliens fan, I worked in a cinema when it first came out and must have watched it hundreds of times, I could recite the whole film from memory. ;)
Including sound effects
The Dave's avatar
Gloria good to see a fellow Aliens lover on here :), i'm guessing we are gonna see scores of around 7 out of 10 level. I looooooove Aliens, my all time favorite film and I was watching an interview with the guy from Gearbox and he sounds as passionate as me about getting the locations and sound right. To be honest I don't care if its plops i'll still get it :)
The Dave 4 years ago
Yep, number one fan me, we had Wierzbowski do a charity auction at our local premiere, which I was never going to lose.
shiny miller's avatar
Doesn't even look as good as AvP to be honest. Gloria, Dave - if you're big Alien fans check out the Alien (8-bit) retrospective article on Eurogamer. Sounds like the best game I never played!
shiny miller 4 years ago
I played the game, it wasn't that good really, just someone has some serious nostalgia.
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
The Dave's avatar
The amount of times in my house when the missus says her feet are cold and the conversation goes "you want me to fetch your slippers" "oh gee sir would you?" "Look into my eye!" Never gets old :-D haha
The Dave 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Was surprised to still see Madden '13 at 19! Football season over now, so its presence will surely leave the top 20 very soon. I might get Madden 25 next August/September!
Bindiana's avatar
Superbowl would of helped sales a bit.
Bindiana 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I'm happy it's still going high. Will be definatly getting Madden 25 when it comes out.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
any one who might have aliens already , hope you can leave some comments to let us know how the game is would like that, cannot belive hitman hd came ahead of ni no this week thought it would continue to do well
Barada's avatar
Ni No Kuni has done brilliantly considering what it's up against - it's had a sold out label on it on many, many online stores so quite a few people still haven't got it!
Barada 4 years ago
Pyro got it today, sure he'll share his opinion on it later.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Think the reason Ni No Kuni isn't doing as well is probably due to the publisher thinking it wouldn't have this big an ordering. Made my mate pick it up and he got the last one in store, he loves it.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I have the game lying on my desk right now but i'm waiting till I finish Prince of Persia Trilogy
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
hope to pick up ni no at some point but have to finish some other games first though , never tryed anything like this before love rpg games though
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
The Dave's avatar
Yeah NNK had a relatively small distribution to UK retailers. I know that most Game stores got enough to cover their pre-orders then 4-5 general sale copies. Good tactic for a lesser known game especially on the back of such positive reviews from the media as demand will now grow and they can distribute to companies pre-order requests again avoiding overstocks and returns
The Dave 4 years ago
Lavindathar's avatar
Lavindathar 4 years ago
Glad to see DS3 at the top. I'm enjoying it.
have not got it yet but will do
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
I love the fact Just Dance 4 is like - to hell with so-called 'hardcore gaming' - I'll stand proud at No.8!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
I couldn't care what anyone says about Just Dance games, get them out at a drinking get together and everyone'll be up making a muppet of themselves. Brilliant smashing whoever owns the games high scores at one of them.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
Not sure I'm built for these type of games (anymore) - I tried the dance mode on Kinect Star Wars - after a few seconds of following Lando's gyrations, my shoulder cramped up and I was done!
Barada 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
I done one of the 'warm up' half ones and I thought 'this is easy'. Went up to do a full song though and I didn't volunteer for another shot for a while!
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
The only 'dance' game that matters is Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan! It'll make you want to scream out in public places
Robichoico 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
I enjoyed dead space, which my brother bought. Dead space 2 I got for free from PS+ and I found it fun but I didn't quite complete it. I don't really care enough to buy dead space 3. I'm getting bored of Direct sequels. I do hope those that payed for it enjoyed it, however. As for the charts, Skyrim is still going strong, helped in part by the new Dragonborn DLC. Kudos to Bethesda.
Barada's avatar
Skyrim has certainly got a rebirth if anyone with a PS3 is still playing it. 15 months is an aeon in video gaming life-cycles.
Barada 4 years ago
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
shame fifa and call of duty has risen above ni no kuni
Oli_1's avatar
I think thats because Ni No Kuni was sold out pretty much everywhere. Hopefully it climbs again next week as retailers got more copies. Such a great game!
Oli_1 4 years ago
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
actually wher has resi 6 gone!
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
Its not there :- heres the rest GRAND THEFT AUTO IV - TAKE 2 BORDERLANDS 2 - TAKE 2 MEDAL OF HONOR: WARFIGHTER - ELECTRONIC ARTS GRAN TURISMO 5 ACADEMY EDITION - SONY COMPUTER ENT. DMC - CAPCOM DISHONORED - BETHESDA SOFTWORKS DEAD ISLAND GOTY EDITION - KOCH MEDIA WWE '13 - THQ ANGRY BIRDS TRILOGY - ACTIVISION BLIZZARD GRAND THEFT AUTO EPISODES - TAKE 2 SLEEPING DOGS - SQUARE ENIX EUROPE MARIO & SONIC LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES - SEGA UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE'S DECEPTION GOTY - SONY COMPUTER ENT. NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 - NINTENDO PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2013 - KONAMI DISNEY EPIC MICKEY 2: THE POWER OF TWO - DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS LEGO HARRY POTTER: YEARS 5-7 - WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE XCOM: ENEMY UNKNOWN - TAKE 2 BATTLEFIELD 3 - ELECTRONIC ARTS PAPER MARIO STICKER STAR – NINTENDO
Datastatic's avatar
Auto formatting kinda sucks yes?
Datastatic 4 years ago
Thomas 4 years ago
I am surprised Skryim is still on the list. I guess it is because of the news of the DLC coming to the PS3.
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
than k you datastatic not good for resi that the 6th game really has faded now which is a shame as it is good skyrim doing so well is a suprise main reason being that surely a copy with all the dlc isn't too far away
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Hitman looks to be the best selling HD trilogy. I think. I know Ico/Colossus got up there when it first released. Dunno bout the others. I guess it's due to the budget price release.
The Dave's avatar
The Dave 4 years ago
Kingdom Hearts HD collection please 1, 2 and all the various mobile/handheld ones on 1 or 2 discs and then followed by KH3..........and then I wake up and it was all a dream :(