Square releases 11 minute Tomb Raider walkthrough

Square Enix has released an 11 minute walkthrough video for Tomb Raider.

As you'd expect the video shows Lara fighting, surviving and getting beaten to a pulp on occasion too. There are spoilers aplenty, so if you don't want to know much about the story or gameplay then don't watch the video.

Edited On 11 Feb, 2013

Comments
Konakona's avatar
Konakona 4 years ago
Square Enix, Probably one of my favourite game developers/publishers as of now. They just seem to do everything right - and they have a fair selection of great games.
Bindiana's avatar
I used to like Square Enix but I think they are pretty poor at the moment on there own stuff. Games like this and Hitman which is from the Eidos studios they saved. Stuff Like Final Fantasy X HD they have messed around with they announced 2 years ago and nobody has seen a thing since.
Bindiana 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Game looks brilliant, Never had a chance to play uncharted so looking forward to this.
Konakona's avatar
I recommend going back and playing the uncharted series.
Konakona 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I don't own a playstation so i can't :(
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
The Dave's avatar
Buy a PS3 when the Uncharted trilogy pack is released. It really is worth it.
The Dave 4 years ago
THussain's avatar
If you haven't played uncharted then you seriously need to try it out. It is by far one of the best games you can play this generation
THussain 4 years ago
The Dave's avatar
The Dave 4 years ago
Can't wait for this game, love the whole re imagining of this franchise and that Lara has to discover her untapped 'Croft' potential. Looks like it'll play a bit like Uncharted in a more Farcry 3-esque setting :)
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
i think this game looks better the more i see of it , loved old tomb raider games and this is looking more likely to be a day one purchase , lets hope its as good as uncharted turned out to be
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
ooooh i must get this looking at these screens i prefer the dirty look rather than the perfect lara makes her more believe able i think i may purchase this one shopto
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
wow!!! as if i wasn't excited enough this has got me even more eager to get this going.. nobody can hate square enix look at the classics with final fantasy VII, VIII, IX and X yes there FF series isn't what it was ill happily still play the old ones over the new ones! BUT! sleeping dogs awesome, hitman was brilliant in my opinion and now this,, the 1st chapter of a reboot that's look certain to destroy the old tomb raider, she is more believable shes not indestructible, shes scared shes learning and this is just the start! roll on release!
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
i bet some of the old fans will hate it like resi but i love it it looks so good i am very excited the old lara especially underworld we're too clean too squeaky and too focused on male attention at least she looks like she's been in a war zone this time
0000000000's avatar
agreed shes took a battering and it affects what u can do which i think is brilliant
0000000000 4 years ago
Lavindathar's avatar
Lavindathar 4 years ago
this is one of my most anticipated games of the year, along with Bioshock. However, I know people who've played the MP build and say its sub-par. I'm really hoping that the SP experience is deep and immersive.

I for one am absolutely loving the reboot, the image, everything really.
Konakona's avatar
I agree with you! I'm looking forward to eventually playing this game once It's cheap enough on steam! Multiplayer is usually just tacked on to games like this. however if it provides even a few hours of enjoyment then it's fine with me.
Konakona 4 years ago
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 4 years ago
This is looking really good! I was a bit worried about it going off what I have read and other people's comments in various places but after actually seeing a gameplay video I don't know what I was worried for. Sure it's different but it's not 'bad different' if you know what i mean. I really like that rope tool :D
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
not really excited about bioshock tried the second and didn't like it although i understand the first is meant to be better
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
it looks great doesnt it really keen to play it agree with the rope tool very good i feel lara looks great as well just hope it plays good as it looks
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
interested in how the multi player turns out aswell , hope the single player turns out as good as it looks
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
THussain's avatar
The multiplayer may be similar to how uncharted multi
THussain 4 years ago
Gummy's avatar
Gummy 4 years ago
The deaths aren't so funny when it's really realistic looking instead of all blocky. It looks like it could be a really fun game though.
craigwp2703's avatar
craigwp2703 4 years ago
I'm glad we're getting more strong female roles in video games, a 30 something male character is getting quite bland, I try as much as possible to play a female character when given the option ( dragon age, mass effect to name a few)
Um, Lara Croft has been around for like 15 years.
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
it will be more realistic lara dropping from the top of an egyptian sphinx was funny also what about the gold hand death lol
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
let's be honest difference is good and a female character is also more indepth story wise like how they got there i agree there's not enough elle should of been the second character to play as in dead space 3 also claire redfield was a great resi character
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
you have to give it to lara though been through the mill abit ! lol
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
surely she had enough by now her house was burned down she was turned to gold fell 60 foot several times drowned lol she need a rest!
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
she should retire with all those treasures she was hunting down , put her feet up lol
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
i would do lol
Oli_1's avatar
Oli_1 4 years ago
I want to watch this new footage but I really want to experience it all for myself when I play the game. MUST RESIST!
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
i have watched it but not a bad shout to hold off as it does ruin the suprise somewhat
THussain's avatar
THussain 4 years ago
The game looks promising, might pick this up as I already got the other tomb raider games.
I'll just rent this, never been much of A Tomb Raider fan and this won't change that. Also not keen on the more realistic approach, there's too much realism in games, and other media, for my liking these days.
John 4 years ago
I'm not going to watch it since I don't want to be spolied, but I have played the demo at Eurogamer. Wasn't much since it was mainly about hunting a deer (lol), but from what I played it felt pretty Uncharted like which is a good thing, however I do hope it has its own flavour. Will wait to see how it turns out.
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
As much acclaim as Uncharted is getting in this Tomb Raider thread - Uncharted was a decent game but not as revelationary as it gets tagged. After just roughly 8 hours, I was done with it - my lasting impression was it was a third-person shooter masquerading as an adventure game! Tomb Raider was meant to be about exploration and a grand adventure, this is beginning to look like survival horror genre - where are the zombies!
Zombie DLC incoming ;)
iPenny's avatar
iPenny 4 years ago
This game looks great! Square Enix have done a great job on it although I noticed the movement was a little bit slow and jumpy at times, but apart from that, the storyline, character models and overall level design looks great along with top notch voice acting. Can't wait for this game to come out :)