Star Trek gets new 'Salvation' trailer

Namco has released a new trailer for Star Trek The Video Game, giving us a quick look at how the tv series translates to our video game consoles.

As you can see from the video, it looks like its pretty action packed, with plenty of explosions, gun fire and falling from great heights.

No-one says beam me up scotty though, that's a bit disappointing.

Edited On 12 Feb, 2013

Comments
I wouldn't mind if this was based on the TV series, but it's based on the awful JJ Abrams reboot movie.
THussain's avatar
Maybe the game will be better than the movie, but then again when was the last time a good game was released based off a movie
THussain 4 years ago
Lavindathar's avatar
I'm shocked! I enjoyed the Star Trek movie!
Lavindathar 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
It was a good reboot, and I'm sure the sequel will be class from what we've seen atleast.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
It would have been OK if it hadn't tried to be Star Trek, and just been some scifi flick, but it just wasn't anything like Star Trek should be.
Lavindathar's avatar
Thats the point of a re-boot....otherwise its just a sequel. I loved the new direction.
Lavindathar 4 years ago
craigwp2703's avatar
I have to agree with Lavindathar, I enjoyed the new star trek film and I'm looking forward to the sequel this year
craigwp2703 4 years ago
The point of a reboot is a fresh start, it doesn't mean you throw out everything that made something popular to start with. The new Trek is just all action, the original Trek was more cerebral and had important messages to impart, what message did the new Trek give us, revenge is bad, m'kay?
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
this looks good but agree with you gloria being based on the movie is not a good thing not looking forward to that side of things the tv series was greeat though
Lavindathar's avatar
Lavindathar 4 years ago
It looks ok, but its hard to tell with trailers. Any game can, and usually is, made to look good from a trailer. Its why I tend not to watch them that often. Will have to wait for a demo, or early review scores to be talked into a purchase.
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Always going to be a difficulty in producing the same vibe from movie to game; after all, the mediums interact with us on different levels, one as a voyeur (movie) and the other as a willing participant (to some extent). We don't have to bother with respawning at each particular juncture of a movie, whereas a game will keep us retreading story arcs if we're not particularly good enough to move the story on. Just throws out differing feels - think why we never quite see the game-vision of a movie in the same equal measure.
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
I'd love an Star Trek in the XCom style - managing a sector of space and fleet of ships, going on away missions with a team in turn-based strategy mode. So much potential for an interesting story and so much scope for expansions, sequels, DLC etc.
ryan 4 years ago
Looks like Mass Effect with a Star Trek skin, lets hope its good.
iPenny's avatar
iPenny 4 years ago
the game doesn't look too bad but at the same time there is nothing really special about it. The graphics look good, and the gameplay is alright for an action game but there is nothing really unique or special about the game that makes me want to play it. I think this game is going to be based on Star Trek fans and Star Trek fans only.
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
I think this could be pretty cool I understand what everones saying though it doesent look anything speciak but its got a lot of potential. I was totally surprised by the JJ reboot of Star Trek as I thought it was awesome and Into Darkness just looks even better
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
i think your alone on the movie side of thing they have to base it off the better tv programs that would be cool i think a strategy game would be better like xcom even though i yet to play it