More Yakuza games on the way, but not on PS3

Yakuza 5 director Toshihiro Nagoshi has said that there will be more games in the Yakuza series, but not on PS3.

Speaking with Japanese magazine Dengeki PlayStation, Nagoshi says that the team' s new game will be a more physical experience, although he also also went on to say that Yakuza 5 would be the last time the series would appear on the PS3.

Apparently we'll be seeing something new from the team 'later this year.' That'll be a Yakuza Vita game then no? Oh maybe it'll be next gen then.

Edited On 12 Feb, 2013

Comments
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
No more on the PS3 after Yakuza 5 sounds ominous at first, but when taken into context, new consoles are clearly on the way; it isn't such a shock.
THussain's avatar
I agree with you, there may not be anymore yakuza for the PS3 but we may see something for the PS4
THussain 4 years ago
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Yeah bit worrying when you first read it but makes sense there talking about next gen. Doesnt look good for when next gen gets here looks like companies will give up on ps3 altogther.
kdogground2's avatar
kdogground2 4 years ago
That is an evil title. D: I came in thinking WHY DON'T WE GET YAKUZA 5. WHY ARE WE HATED? I read it. Oh.
The Dave's avatar
The Dave 4 years ago
I really love the first 3 Yakuza games but 4 seemed to lose something for me and Dead Souls was just an awful attempt to cash in on the zombies in everything craze. I really hope 5 can be a nice swan song for the series in this generation,
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 4 years ago
I really like the Yakuza games (I didn't buy Dead Souls though because I don't like the gaming world's current obsession with Zombies.) so I look forward to seeing where they are going to take the series next :D
i love my zombies and they should be in everything!
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
nads's avatar
nads 4 years ago
I dont understand! Does that mean we will receive Yakuza 5 on PS3 in UK? or is he referring to the Jap version on PS3 being the last?!? Please release Yakuza 5 in UK, desperately awaiting to continue the story as ive bought and followed all the games thus far. Infact, ive followed very few games series from start to finish and completed each entry! The only ones ive completed fully are Yakuza, Resident Evil, Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid serieses and maybe one or two more, but it just shows how attached i am to the story and yakuza games.
iPenny's avatar
iPenny 4 years ago
Dam! Yakuza was one of the reasons why I had to buy a PS3 even though I had Xbox. I reckon another Yakuza will come out on the next gen consoles, not too sure though :/
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
A Yakuza game on the Vita would be sweet,or even the HD collection. I still need to import Yakuza 5 as I can't see it releasing in the UK anytime soon, or at all
craigwp2703's avatar
An HD collection would be great I have missed out playing the first few :D
craigwp2703 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
There is a HD Collection already out, but it has to be released in the West
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
At first i thought they were coming to Xbox instead, But i reckon it definatly means Vita or the next gen PS :(
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
i thought the third one was quite good but shenmue is the one that should be released on next gen miss that game but yakuza is a good series love the mini games
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
The yakuza games are great (one of the few awesome titkles to come out from Sega) im really looking forward to 5 when it comes to the PS3 later on this year and a HD collection would be fantastic
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
what was the dead souls game like actually that one i did not realise existed has it got zombies in it!
The Dave's avatar
Dead Souls, I spent about an 1hr on and never played again it just really seemed like a cheap cash in for the series, it was like "lets take the locations we love in the Yakuza games and fill them with zombies" done!
The Dave 4 years ago
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
i though yakuza dead souls was ok but nether played any off the others , must just like killing zombies , i never got in to them as they took so long to complete and reading all those subtitles
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
that was a negative gave it the authentic japanese feel though didnt it
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
agree but just put me off
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
agree but just put me off
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
i can see how it would do it would of been better if you could select english voices at the menu liked the mini games winning a teddy sonic and ristar is one of the highlights
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Yakuza is one of the few franchises i can happily say "yes please, more of this!" I love these games. And much like watching foreign movies, watching/playing them dubbed in english just takes away from the experience and I for one applaud Nagoshi for sticking with the language choice. Now, more Yakuza for PSNextGen? Yes please
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
i seem to struggle to keep up though with all the text and therefore miss out on half the story the bit where they are in the cemetary for example i missed half the plotline as i couldnt keep up
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
It can be a pain in the butt when there's alot to take in. The cemetery bit was a pain, it was very fast and a lot to take in. But for the most part, i admit, I found it added to the atmosphere!
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
well it is meant to be in japan so you would expect it to be in japanese
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I know, my point is that it adds to the overall experience and I'm glad that the choice was made to stick with it and not badly dub it!