Skyrim patched ahead of Dragonborn release

Dragonborn will soon arrive for Skyrim on PS3. To prepare you for this momentous event, Bethedsa?has released title update 1.8.

The update provides general memory and stability improvements and provides a fix for the following:

- fixes crash when using vampiric grip
- fixes an issue related to duplicate NPCs
- Arnleif and Sons Trading Company will no longer become permanently locked
- fixes issues with exterior doors which weren't opening properly.

The update will download as soon as you start up Skyrim.

Dragonborn is released this week for PS3.

Edited On 12 Feb, 2013

Comments
iPenny's avatar
iPenny 4 years ago
Glad to see that they fixed the crash while using vampiric grip, that annoyed me! :O I won't be getting dragonborn as I've already bought it for my Xbox version of Skyrim but enjoy PS3 users show are getting it. The ability to fly dragons and explore a new world is amazing + The new armour and weapons you get are fantastic, that is only if you spend the time to find them first :D
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
And next month they'll 'fix' all the issues from anyone adding 'Dragonborn' to the game. I'm interested, still.
craigwp2703's avatar
craigwp2703 4 years ago
Great to see the DLC coming my way, I'd almost given up hope, perhaps we'll see a full disk version with all the DLC and game together :D
Barada's avatar
Yes, they'll call it 'Skyrim: 2011 - 2013 Edition'.
Barada 4 years ago
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
finally they done it! the land of skyrim is safe to return to. looking forward to this now woop woop!
I have no doubt the DLC will add a whole host of new problems.
Thomas 4 years ago
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
i think they should release the game with all the dlc for players who missed this epic game , glad to hear the patch should fix most bugs but there still might be some to come
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
i would rebuy it if they did that kratos i would but like thomas mentioned i bet it would bring more bugs
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
have not played my copy for ages must dig it out lol
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
i play mine regularly got to the guild where i learned the new chant worst enemy is the big white mountain gorillas easiest is the giants as you can fire arrows at them from a distance but those big ice gorillas are a pain
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
i never really got very far in to it must have got left behind playing other games
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
it is a bit too long and 20 hours in the speed going does put you off a bit but it's a great game to persevere with
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
i know just catching up with dead space 2 before playing 3 forgot how long they go on for
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
did you get it today?
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
got dead space 3 today yes , thanks to shop to but just catching up with 2 first forgot the story but been playing aliens all day so far hope it does not get left behind
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
jealous lol let us know what you think of aliens hoping i can be a winner this week
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
i think its quite good , do not agree with some reviews though , multi player is a good laugh thou u can play as aliens , fingers crossed for u just keep posting never no your luck
CookieMcCrumble's avatar
CookieMcCrumble 4 years ago
I bought Skyrim back a few weeks ago due to the DLC coming out. It will be buggy and glitchy, but what isn't these days rofl
The Dave's avatar
The Dave 4 years ago
Guarentee there will be a Skyrim GOTY edition out for xmas(maybe not on PS3 :D) but think I will wait for that before delving into the world of Dragons again.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Yeah think it's the only way I'll get it. I have it installed on my system too, after getting it from Lovefilm and never playing it after the initial install.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago