Anarchy Reigns on the PS Store today

SEGA has announced that Anarchy Reigns, PlatinumGames' manic multiplayer action brawler, will be released via the PlayStation Store today.

You can already pick up at Limited Edition copy on both PS3 and Xbox 360 from ShopTo for just 14.86 GBP, but if you'd rather download then it'll be 19.99 on the store when it arrives later today.

Whatever way you choose to buy, it's a pretty decent game for the price.

Edited On 13 Feb, 2013

Comments
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
heard this is fairly good i wouldnt buy off the store anything i can get on here as i like physical copies what do the previous winners think of this game
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i played my friends and it was superb! but im skint and have 2 games in the next 5 weeks so this is on my rental list! worth 20 quid though any day!
Did you play it online? I heard the combat system can get abit repetitive, whats it like?
John 4 years ago
It's great fun
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
it does look very good i may go for it for 15 pounds cannot go wrong
0000000000's avatar
exactly worth every penny especially at that price
0000000000 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
it does look like a fun game. But my back catalogue is too big to justify the purchase. BUT! If I wait long enough, it'll appear on my PS+ IGC
It's a great game, single player gets a bit repetitive, and the online is mainly serious players who will eat beginners alive, but it's a lot of fun, easily worth £15.
craigwp2703's avatar
craigwp2703 4 years ago
I'm loving these new sega published games, binary domain, anarchy reigns etc etc Really top notch games! xD
type105x's avatar
type105x 4 years ago
I have 1000G on the game and played it for over 40 hours online! its an amazing game at a great price, Just a shame that no marketing was done for the game
THussain's avatar
THussain 4 years ago
Better off buying it from shopto as I prefer a hard copy of a game with a manual rather than a digital copy. Plus shopto selling it cheaper which I think is a bargain
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
I played a bit of this and it is insanely boring. Gets intensely repetitive in single player very quickly and multiplayer is just devoid of any real skill, seemingly just a button mashing contest to see who can fill their "rage" meter fastest, in addition to having a slew of really horrid modes making up said multiplayer. I'm not surprised Sega had so little faith in this game to be honest.
I don't entirely agree with you Kevin, true the campaign can get repetitive but it's just a glorified tutorial the real action happens online where it is complete and utter mayhem, (Battle Royal, Capture the Flag, Dog Fight & my personal favorite Death Ball) at first its does seem like button mashing but once you learn the ins & outs of the combat system it is so rewarding.
PrometheusFan's avatar
Sorry man, I just couldn't see the reward in sticking with it. I just wasn't really enjoying it by the time I stopped playing, and even before that... well, I covered that above I think :(
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Well at least you gave the game a try it just wasn't your cup of tea (but remember a lot of us love the game)
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
but kevin sometimes there is a niche game and i think this game is exactly that a marmite game bit like mirrors edge that really was marmite at its best
Ignore kevin, he's the resident wet blanket and loves putting a downer on pretty much everything, well everything not Sony related anyway.
PrometheusFan's avatar
Gloria again making implications about others having blind brand loyalty without a trace of irony to her post. Must that time of the week already I guess. And Kelly-Marie, for the record, I loved Mirror's Edge, but I am honestly baffled why you're using it for comparison in this instance.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Mirrors Edge is a love it or hate it game just like Anarchy Reigns (I know people that hate both and vice versa)
PrometheusFan's avatar
Well, really ANY game is love it or hate it by that rationale...
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
its what i call the marmite game just like this is it's looking very good and will be worth a purchase other marmite games would be dead island a mish mash of multiple genres and ps allstars a mishmash of fighting out of interest kevin have you played this game?
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
Uh, yes, as I said above I did play a fair bit of it. Would be pretty low to critique a game's gameplay without actually playing it first. Also, I don't think either Dead Island or Allstars are exactly a "mishmash" of anything.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
this game is epic btw people if you have psn i would get it if i was you if you don't have it already
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
i get it on shopto knock ton cheaper and physical just how i like it
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
ye me to i'm like that unless its pc game i get them of steam
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
With any button-bashing, random combo (oohh, don't I look doing moves I don't really remember or know what I'm doing) fighters, they have to draw you in with their stable of fighters or game-style. I'll give games like Bayonetta, Smash Bros., Soul Calibur and Streetfighter a run - not the biggest fan of beat-'em ups but if they're good, I'll indulge occasionally. This doesn't seem one of them..
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
That is a surprisingly low price for a download version, especially considering how recent it is. Getting sorely tempted...
Barada's avatar
£5 less here at ShopTo - tempted more? ;)
Barada 4 years ago