Rumour: Watch Dogs and Rainbow Six coming to Wii U; Update: Aliens Wii U NOT cancelled

A new rumour is suggesting that Ubisoft is bringing both Rainbow Six: Patriots and Watchdogs to Wii U.

Nintendo Enthusiast has the news, although no source, however this news was hinted at yesterday by a GameStop listing, slating the release for the same day on PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U. So perhaps it's not beyond reason.

One of the sites other rumours is that Aliens: Colonial Marines for Wii U has been cancelled. Apparently EB Games in Canada has confirmed this to the site, while a few other retailers including Amazon.com have also delisted it. At this time the game still seems to be listed everywhere in the UK.

We contacted SEGA for comment, but we've been told that they are not aware of this and will get back to us if there was anything else to say.

Update

SEGA has told ShopTo that Aliens on Wii U has not been cancelled.

Edited On 14 Feb, 2013

Comments
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Wii U's Aliens: CM getting cancelled? Damn shame there. It could have been a better experience on this platform, there was always hope (Hadley had it!). Watch Dogs on the Wii U is intriguing - would be nice to hear positives for the Wii U rather than damnation at its door every day! ;) Rainbow Six game? Move on, Soldier!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Watch Dogs could be good on the Wii U and on the PS4 'touchpad' that is rumoured, and if used on XBOX Smartglass. As a gadget for certain things that seem available in the world.
Gummy's avatar
Gummy 4 years ago
After all the bad stuff I've heard about it, that's probably for the best as far as Wii U owners are concerned. It's apparently nothing like the demo.
TromaDogg's avatar
TromaDogg 4 years ago
Hmmm. I know Aliens CM had bad reviews on PS3/Xbox 360 but I've still got the Wii U version preordered on here...if it's cancelled, I'll just have to buy something else. On one hand it's a shame but on the other, it's probably no great loss if it's as bad as I've heard. I paid full price for Alien vs Predator on the Xbox 360 a couple of years back and I was gutted, it was absolutely awful, one of the crappiest FPS games I'd played in years.
craigwp2703's avatar
craigwp2703 4 years ago
Aliens:CM was meant to be the definitive version on the WiiU :/ thats a dam shame for WiiU owners
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
I had completely forgot about Patriots. Has anything been released in terms of gameplay footage and game info since the E3 trailer?
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
sad that aliens has been cancelled for this console cannot wait to play this game but will do so on my ps3 very disappointing for wii u owners again. good news about the two games confirmed though
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
you just changed that joe! lol
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
not cancelled now :)
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
good to see the wii u getting these games as they should be good , although i do not agree aliens is a bad game i have had for a few days now and being playing none stop it could be better yes but still very playable just cause its not cod !
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 4 years ago
This is great news for Wii U owners :D
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
The reason I'm looking forward to the Wii U version of Aliens: CM - the motion-sensor has to be incorporated into the gamepad - surely? Would add a sense of being there!
THussain's avatar
That's true, would definitely make you feel like you are there
THussain 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Rainbow Six isn't out of the question for Wii U but god knows when it'll actually come out. Watch Dogs I would not bet on though. As to Aliens, even if the Wii U version isn't officially cancelled, it is officially postponed "indefinitely", and given how badly relations between Sega and Gearbox have soured the past few days, I honestly would not bet on it seeing the light of day at this point... I know it's probably not going to be much of a loss, but the Wii U is starving for games of any kind right now, so it's probably not good news.
TromaDogg's avatar
TromaDogg 4 years ago
So not cancelled after all? Looks like Shopto will be sending me a copy after all then. :) Just hope it's not as bad as what I've been hearing. I went for the Wii U version because I thought it would be better played with the Gamepad, bit worried that Gearbox don't seem to have had much of a hand in developing the single player campaign though if rumours are to be believed.
The Dave's avatar
The Dave 4 years ago
Watchdogs has been the 1 game i've been really excited about since E3 be interested to see how much of the content shown back then actually makes it into the final version as it did seem really ambitious
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
cant wait for watchdogs and rainbow 6 going to be 2 awesome games no matter what console!
Desperate attempt to win back Wii U owners by Ubisoft.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Not really desperate, like.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
Between Ubisoft and Wii U owners right now I don't think it's Ubisoft who are the desperate ones. Wii U needs Ubi more than Ubi needs Wii U.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
THussain's avatar
I wouldn't say desperate
THussain 4 years ago
Lavindathar's avatar
Lavindathar 4 years ago
Even if they say not cancelled, we shall wait and see. Maybe a lot of work is still left to port, and based on reviews of the game on other consoles, might not be worth there time.
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
How exciting yet more games that will be released elsewhere before the Wii U, pah!!!!
You're forgetting Ubisofts multiplatform release policy, the one that has held Rayman back, it'll be interesting to see how strictly they stick to it when the boot is on the other foot.
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
this is really good news for wii u owners watch dogs looks amazing it really does i could not believe how good it looked it is epic
craigwp2703's avatar
craigwp2703 4 years ago
Good that aliens isn't canceled some WiiU love still out there! :D