Nintendo Direct brings new announcements for 3DS and Wii U

Nintendo Direct was back today, talking the year of Luigi.

This saw information on the new four-player multiplayer levels for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and its two new online modes: Climber and Chaser. Another mode mentioned was Polterpup Mode where you search for a ghost pup who loves gold. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon arrives on March 24.

After talking about Luigi's Mansion, it was then time to talk about a new game, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. This is RPG which allows players to mess around with Luigi's face while he sleeps. It looks a bit mad to be honest.

Want more Luigi? Then how about New Super Luigi U. This comes in the form of DLC for Super Mario Bros. U, adding in 80 brand new stages in which Luigi is the main man. The DLC will be released later this year.

Also starring Luigi is Mario Golf: World Tour on 3DS, which will arrive this summer featuring brand new courses.

If you've had enough of Luigi, then you may be pleased to know that Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D will also be released this summer for the 3DS, while Animal Crossing: New Leaf was dated for North America on June 9 and in Europe on June 14.

As far as downloads go, Nintendo announced Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move; Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger; HarmoKnight from Game Freak and Kersploosh.

The previously US only Fire Emblem bundles have also been announced for Europe and will arrive on April 19.?This features a blue 3DS XL with a Fire Emblem logo on and a pre-installed version of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

In Wii U news, Nintendo announced that Wii Street U powered by Google is now available through the eShop for Wii U as a free download. Finally, Monster Hunter hardware packs for Europe have also been announced, coming in black and white editions for Nintendo 3DS XL as well as new bundle releases for both 3DS XL and Wii U, these bundles will arrive on March 22.

A demo of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will be released on Wii U and 3DS on February 21. A demo of Fire Emblem will be available in early April.

That's just about everything, though in case we missed something you can watch the entire Nintendo Direct presentation below.

Edited On 14 Feb, 2013

Comments
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Seems like not a bad little bundle, Quite Luigi heavy though lol. Will give the video a proper watch tomorrow.
I ended up watching the American stream by accident lol. I noticed once Reggie came on screen that something wasn't right.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Devestated. Bought a Pikachu 3DS XL as the Fire Emblem was only on 3DS and not XL, and was only coming in America. I so want one.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Wasn't Code Of Princess also announced for Europe?
It was, there was also a bit about the new Castlevania.
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
luigi was always my favourite nintendo character so am happy with this need to get a new year wii u
THussain's avatar
I agree, when me and my brother use to play Mario Kart 64 is the olden days, he would always pick Mario and I would pick Luigi. Not sure whether I just liked the colour green at the time or the character Luigi. I think it was both 8)
THussain 4 years ago
Always Yoshi for me
Rachael 4 years ago
Very happy that online multiplayer has been included in Luigi's Mansion, and the NSMBU DLC should be great, and hopefully not too expensive. Also looking forward to Mario Golf and the new Mario and Luigi, may even pick up DKCR 3D too, enjoyed it immensely on the Wii.
THussain's avatar
I've got the Donkey Kong games on my Wii as well, just a shame I never came around to playing it as it was always the little ones playing it
THussain 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Only announcing two more Mario games this week? Good to see Nintendo restraining themselves. Seriously though, not much of interest to me there besides Donkey Kong 3D. I know it's only a port but I never bothered with it on Wii and it's the only DK title I've yet to play so this works out to my convenience.
Robichoico's avatar
Mario Golf, Mario and Luigi, Mario vs DK. I count three :P
Robichoico 4 years ago
THussain's avatar
I'm on the same boat, never had the chance to play the Donkey Kong series on my Wii but will try to at least play the one on 3DS
THussain 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Was disappointed that DK is a port. The Wii version was pretty fine for me. But a new Mario and Luigi? YAAAAAAAAAAAY. Also tempted to upgrade my Silver 3DS XL to the Fire Emblem XL
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
good news for mario loves not much else though ):
J-D's avatar
J-D 4 years ago
not bad but not enough to make me wanna plug my charger into the wall
THussain's avatar
THussain 4 years ago
Can't wait for Luigi's mansion 2. Looks very good on the 3DS
craigwp2703's avatar
craigwp2703 4 years ago
I still have yet to pick up a 3DS, but luigi's haunted mansion 2! That might push me to get one :P
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Great to see Luigi getting some attention; he's been forced to live in Mario's shadow for too long - about time he got some action by himself (in the Mario games)! The 'Bros.' part of all Mario titles was looking redundant at times!
Niall James 4 years ago
I guess it's not surprising, but I'm disappointed by how little reaction (not just here, just about everywhere) there's been to them announcing a European release for Etrian Odyssey 4 which was looking likely to never see the light of day over here. And for the spring no less, which is a surprise given how difficult it seems for European companies to have Atlus to get stuff done in a timely fashion (touch wood, mind you).