Grid 2 gets new gameplay trailer

Codemasters has released a new gameplay trailer for Grid 2, showing off locations such as Barcelona, California, Paris and Chicago.

Details of a new World Series Racing mode have also been released. "It's a new motorsport series that starts from the grassroots and grows into a huge Prime Time competition," says the press release. "Racers from different disciplines - street racers, drifters, track racers and more all come together in one global series, with each driver moving in and out of their comfort zone."

Grid 2 arrives at the end of May.

Edited On 14 Feb, 2013

Comments
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Looks great, i hate drifting and really struggle with it, so gunna need to get used to that! Street and track races sound good to me though. Graphically it's looking pretty sharp too.
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
was that gameplay with the use of some funky camera angles for the purpose of a trailer or just a cinematic?
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
doesnt look bad at all but not really the racing type
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
i liked the 1 more than g t so looking forward to this , it was good how you could add damage to make it more relistic
Datastatic's avatar
There are loads of really good 'lost' racers on the PS3 (Pure, Fuel etc) but Grid is one of the best, hopefully this will be a nice surprise and sell well. Also it will be nice to have trophies in a Grid game.
Datastatic 4 years ago
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
oh grab turismo most boring game ever race win race win car race win race win paint job race
THussain's avatar
THussain 4 years ago
This reminds me of forza and gran turismo, not much difference to the racing elements, I think they should of at least added some off road racing or something that would make the game look different to other racing games
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
grid 1 was a game with such unforfilled potential in my eyes although good.. should of been way better than it was.. but from the looks of this they have learned and this should be a contender at last for forza and i wont say need 4 speed because i think they have gone down hill!
craigwp2703's avatar
craigwp2703 4 years ago
Looks stunning! I'm not a big fan of racing games, prefer cartoony ones like mod nation racers and such, But i can still appreciate the graphical technology in that game
hightonviewdistrict's avatar
hightonviewdistrict 4 years ago
I loved the first GRID, so upset when they shut down the multi-player on PS3, still play it to this day. Since the days of TOCA I've been following them and this series hasn't let me down yet. DIRT on the other hand has sloped for since DIRT3 and onwards. It wasn't the same any more. Hopefully GRID 2 will be AMAZING. Looking to pre-order this soon :)
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Any good racer needs a sufficent amount of 'battle' damage on their cars, if a developer can beat those flashy cars into a molten pulp, I'm usually well happy to give them a try. Don't understand the snobbery when some games aren't allowed to smash the cars up - looks dated and a waste of time playing. I want doors hanging off, the hood smoking and no windows left when I get to the finish line! ;)
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
I cant believe how long ago Grid 1 was. Oh the mayhem you had with that on xbox live. I cant wait to do it all over again when some 5 year old pushes you into a wall screaming at me for braking too early when in fact you braked too late if anything, to compensate for him.