Watch Dogs coming this year to 'all home consoles'

Watch Dogs will be released later this year for 'all home consoles' according to a new report.

Kotaku has been sent an image of a poster which shows the date along with mention of a "truly next-gen adventure."

Ubisoft has already confirmed that the open-world game will be coming to PC, PS3, and Xbox 360, however all home consoles could mean a lot of things and the words 'true next-gen adventure' seem to hint at more than that.

What do you think?

Edited On 15 Feb, 2013

Comments
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
Could see this slipping to 2014 - especially if they're playing with the next 'next-gen' kits in development. Would like the Wii U to be included, simply to shut the naysayers up!
its already been confirmed for the WiiU I think, tbh I think I would rather play this on that than anything else
Marc 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
No, it isn't confirmed for Wii U.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
"All home consoles" kinda says it will be on the wii u
Rachael 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
So megadrive then? And Dreamcast? Awesome.
Datastatic 4 years ago
I would SO buy this for the Dreamcast
John 4 years ago
Konakona's avatar
I'll get it for my tv-boy.
Konakona 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Great news. I'll be preordering asap
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Awesome! I been looking forward to a new game for the N64! Surely that is included in 'All Home Consoles?' :P Sorry. It's friday so in a funny mood. As long as all consoles does mean all current consoles (and im assuming the next two) then nice.
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
this game looked amazing when i seen it last e3 the game looked epic i can't wait for next gen
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 4 years ago
If this is going to be out on 'all' consoles (current and next gen) then price will determine what version I get. I can't wait until the new consoles have been officially revealed so pre-orders can start and the next gen games can be officially revealed (as being for the new consoles, not just 'next generation' or 'all consoles'). If the next gen version is around the same price as current gen version, i'll buy that. Really excited for this game! :D
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Sounds like they're using that phrasing to avoid naming any next gen consoles yet, seeing as WD is a shoe in for being cross-generational. Wii U owners probably shouldn't get their hopes up.
Robichoico's avatar
Considering the way it's being advertised and the Rayman fiasco. If they don't announce a Wii U version they'll probably get even more hate than they're currently sitting on.
Robichoico 4 years ago
Really don't know what all the fuss is about this game, just looks like a reskin of AC to me.
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
¡s that a bad thing?
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Apart from lazy design then I'm sure it'll delight the masses, but I personally find AC to be highly over rated.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
A reskinned AC? AC doesn't have mobiles, cars, gun fights etc. It looked more GTA than AC.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
The settings and tools are different, but the gameplay looks eerily similar from what I've seen. Not that I've seen much, just some of a video of some guy sneaking in to a club by distracting people, I found it too boring to watch all of though.
THussain's avatar
This game looks nothing close to AC, it's more like another version of GTA but with better graphics. Don't where you got the idea of AC, did you even watch the gameplay?
THussain 4 years ago
I wasn't aware GTA was a stealth game.
THussain's avatar
I wasn't referring to its stealth aspect, I was referring to its open world sandbox type genre. I'm pretty sure the missions can be approached in different ways and you have the ability to explore the map. Hence the reason I said its similar to GTA. I don't remember AC having cars, mobile phones and other high tech electronics you can use within the game
THussain 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
cant wait for this! i dont think its an AC reskin it will be brilliant AC is over rated but this has stacks of potential and i think its going to fill it, is it going to be a next gen release! or this gen
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
will be good better than assassin creed anyway just wish there was anne robinson in it
THussain's avatar
What's with the comparison with Assassins Creed, if any comparison should be made it should be made with GTA, this game looks amazing I'm my opinion, but I do have issues concerning the driving mechanics as during the E3 gameplay, the driving scene seemed a bit sluggish
THussain 4 years ago
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
Ha ha Ann Robinson the ginger ninja minger I think that works really well Kelly-Marie I think she should have a cameo just like mayor burt reynolds in Saints row III, thats really made me laugh...Ann Robinson
are we talking about ann robinson from the weakest link? please tell me we arnt.
Rachael 4 years ago
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
Oh yeah sorry Kelly-Marie completely through me, is this 360 PS3 or next gen??? Thats what we all wanna know isnt it either way it looks awesome so its another day one buy for me and I agree with everyone saying ASSasins Creed are sooooo overrated
Lavindathar's avatar
Lavindathar 4 years ago
Eh? I thought this was a PS3 exclusive! Wow, so happy that its on the 360. Day 1 purchase for me :D
LFC Bywater's avatar
And me bud, blew me away at E3
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
PS3 exclusive? Where did that idea come from? Ubisoft have never officially confirmed platforms for it, but we know from unofficial sources that it'll be on PS3/360 at least.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Lavindathar's avatar
I have no idea Kevin.....it was just one of those things I had in my head, however, I also knew that it wasn't when I think about it, as I remember it from E3 myself and I voted it as "prospect of the show".

But you know, sometimes you get things in your head and they just stick.....
Lavindathar 4 years ago
John 4 years ago
Looks like it'll be an interesting game, hope it actually turns out well. In fact I would be surprised if they didn't delay the game.
This looked amazing at E3 last year and i can't wait to see what they show this year. Day 1 for me all the Wii U assuming 'Available on all home consoles' includes the Wii U
THussain's avatar
It should be available for Wii U
THussain 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
Given how poor Wii U sales are, it shouldn't be taken as a given though. Ubisoft are already very publicly cooling support for the console, so nothing should be assumed here.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
THussain's avatar
You do have a point Kevin
THussain 4 years ago
Personally I think it will come to the Wii U if the numbers for the console pick up. I think Ubi is holding off deciding just yet
THussain's avatar
THussain 4 years ago
The fact it says available on all home next gen consoles suggest to me that it would release for the PS4 and 720. The graphics on watch dogs is far more superior than any other open world games I seen and I don't think PS3 and 360 would be able to handle it. Than again this is just my opinion so I may be wrong
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
this gen doesnt say anything about next gen in the advert
THussain's avatar
Oops I must of read wrong, my mistake.
THussain 4 years ago
craigwp2703's avatar
craigwp2703 4 years ago
'true next-gen adventure' for 'home consoles'? here's hoping for a ps4/ xbox720 release :D
THussain's avatar
That's exactly what I thought, hope it will be for PS4
THussain 4 years ago
THussain's avatar
THussain 4 years ago
I'm still having doubts whether this will release holiday 2013, only thing they showed us about this game was the demo during the E3 conference and now they are saying it will be a available on holiday 2013. Mmm not going to get my hopes up until further news is given about the game and at least more gameplay
Robichoico's avatar
Still plenty of time. They announce COD early in the year and churn it out for Christmas. No doubt there'll be a Halo there too and possibly an Assasssin's Creed. Considering all we've seen of the game is a demo. Which was last...June? Plenty of time. And we don't even know how complete it was back then.
Robichoico 4 years ago
THussain's avatar
Of course COD would release is such a short time, look at all their previous games, their hasn't been no effort what so ever put into them, they use the same engine over and over but just change the character models faces, add a few maps and guns. That's it, they can just do all this through DLC yet they just release as a retail game to charge £45 again
THussain 4 years ago
COP3Y DUNT's avatar
COP3Y DUNT 4 years ago
This is the first I've heard of this game, looks like I have been missing out!
Richard1993's avatar
Richard1993 4 years ago
Day one buy for me, Be epic on pc as the e3 version was on pc, If this is a current gen title lower your expectations on graphics on consoles.
Richard1993's avatar