Latest Charts: W/E Feb 17: Aliens becomes biggest new release of 2013

Sega and Gearbox's shooter Aliens: Colonial Marines is this week's number one, becoming the biggest launch game of 2013.

Only Rebellion's Aliens vs. Predator from 2010 beat Colonial Marines when it came to launch sales from the Aliens franchise.

Elsewhere in this week's charts, last week's leader, Dead Space 3, falls to second place, while FIFA 13 is third, Black Ops 2 fourth, Far Cry 3 fifth, Assassin's Creed 3 sixth, Need for Speed: Most Wanted seventh, Just Dance 4 eighth, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed ninth and Halo 4 10th.

Check out the charts below?for the week ending February 16:

1. Aliens: Colonial Marines (Sega)
2. Dead Space 3 (EA)
3. FIFA 13 (EA)
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
5. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
6. Assassin's Creed III (Ubisoft)
7. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
8. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
9. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed (Sega)
10. Halo 4 (Microsoft)
11. Hitman Absolution (Square Enix)
12. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
13. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
14. Hitman: HD Trilogy (Square Enix)
15. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
16. LEGO: The Lord of the Rings (Warner)
17. Forza Horizon (Microsoft)
18. Football Manager 2013 (Sega)
19. Dishonored (Bethesda)
20. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)

Edited On 18 Feb, 2013

Comments
Quite surprised Aliens made top spot, for such an old franchise it's still got a strong following. Even more surprised Dead Space 3 has managed to keep above FIFA and CoD.
LFC Bywater's avatar
I think the name alone would have put it up there, Haven't had the chance to play it yet but I'm gunna give it a rental.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
im shocked at this for what ive seen and heard.. but fair play its up there for a reason.. i did say last week this would be top remember! can i call them or what!
THussain's avatar
I'm shocked myself, but I'm also happy at the same time. The fact that this made it to the top shows to the developers that fans of the franchise haven't given up and I hope this encourages the developers to push the bar next time if they are planning to make another aliens game.
THussain 4 years ago
Zombieflamingo's avatar
I would probably still have got it but mostly because i love aliens mostly.
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I wonder if they hadn't put an embargo on reviews would it still be sat pretty at the top, I guess we will never know. Nice to see dead space 3 still mixing above FIFA and cod.
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
I think this is hilarious theres no mention of it being by far the crappest ha ha!!! Where in my humble opinion Dead Space 3 is excellent, I could never understand the release dates on these to as I thought you know, two space shooters released close to one another Aliens is gonna bomb surely....and its gone the other way
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
GTA V isn't out for another 6 months or so and it has already cracked the top 20 :] you can thank reviews embargo's for Colonial being at the top
inspector 74's avatar
U beat me too it mate I was just typing the same thing
inspector 74 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
embargoes even. It's too early
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
Hints that Rockstar just might have another successful release in September. ;)
Barada 4 years ago
Ha I just realized that
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
right there is proof that the right franchise name will get you to number one, no matter the quality! The proof is the following week though. If it can stay to with Crysis and Revengeance, then i'll be impressed
THussain's avatar
THussain 4 years ago
Aliens colonial marine made top spot. I am literally astonished, looks like the fans of aliens weren't going to back down on this one. Good job sega
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
New releases all covet the hallowed No.1 spot. Now Aliens: CM has made it there, a sequel might now be in the works!
THussain's avatar
Yep that's exactly what I'm thinking, maybe this time they won't make the same mistake they made on CM. I just hope the next aliens can give me a good scare that'll keep me up all night due to having nightmares
THussain 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
I'm sure the overall quality of Aliens: CM did give some people nightmares - but not in the way you meant! ;)
Barada 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
If they were to do a sequel i'd hope that it would like like how this game was supposed to look. Like the footage they showed about a year ago.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Maybe what they showed was the Wii U version ;)
THussain's avatar
THussain 4 years ago
GTA V is in the list as well, almost missed that if it wasn't for reading other users comments. I'm already having high expectations for this game and I know it would deliver.
There wasn't even any doubt in my mind
Rachael 4 years ago
cannot believe that need for speed is still lingering in the top 10, was enjoyable but got boring very fast.
Rachael 4 years ago
glad to see aliens top tho, has restored some faith to me about the game and has made me want to play it more
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
well done aliens good game to play, although when crysis 3 comes out this week i can see that taking the number 1 spot though , glad to see dead space 3 is still going strong very good game , and its still holding cod back
Rachael 4 years ago
I think it will be interesting who will take number one out of the new metal gear game and crysis 3. they both look fantastic so i have no idea which one will
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
i think crysis might just take it , i think many people have been waiting for this
TruDarkAssassin 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
Barada 4 years ago
If anyone gets sick of Aliens: CM - send an Xbox copy my way - please! ;)
LFC Bywater's avatar
Lol, wishful thinking bud.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
I know, its never worked before!
Barada 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Why am i not surprised... :P
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
MATTHEW 4 years ago
I'm surprised with all negative press this made number 1! dead space 3 in my opinion is a much better game
Since when did sales equate to quality?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Dead space 3 was excellent just completed it last night the only thing i didnt like about it was the suits preferred the ones from 2. Although its nice you can unlock the original but i will prob stick with the mass effect suit.
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
Don't think the negative press makes as much difference when it's a big name brand, a lot of people will buy it regardless.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
It just goes to show as long as you have a brand or a name people will buy it despite how bad a game is. If you look at the top 20 there is only 1 original IP. It sad really all we will get is sequels in the furture, New IPs like Ni No Kuni last 2 weeks in the top 20 which is sad.
Jamie 4 years ago
these sales were sort of predictable but what im amazed by is who is in the number 20 spot. gta 5 is not out for another 7 months and yet it is just about in the top 20. incredible.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Proof that if someone put a turd in a gamecase and slapped a big name title on the front it'll sell like hot cakes. Sad to see that Ni No Kuni isn't up there. And stock seems to have been sorted for that now considering it was sold out.. Sonic Racing has had some great deals on. I picked up the Wii U version for £15 the other day. Same price as the PS3 one. Which I also own XD. So yeah XD
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Pete992's avatar
Pete992 4 years ago
All those poor people conned out of hard earned cash for crap, they should make it mandatory the game gets rated a week prior to release (as most do) and if it fails to score above 7.5 out of ten then it should no where near a 40 quid release price.
Robichoico's avatar
See. Sometimes this is the problem however. Nier got panned by critics yet it's easily one of the better games from the past few years. I think just about everyone I know who (ACTUALLY DID) played it loved it.
Robichoico 4 years ago