Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation wins writers award

Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation has won the Outstanding Achievement in Video Game Writing award from the Writers Guild of America.

The Ubisoft Sofia-developed title beat competition form 007 Legends, Assassin's Creed 3, Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, Halo 4 and Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

"Holy crap, we won the Writers Guild of America award for game writing. This actually just happened, "writer Jill Murray, said via her twitter account.

Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation introduced the series first ever female protagonist, Aveline de Grandpre. It was a pretty decent game too, selling over 500,000 units.

Well done Ubisoft. See? Vita games can be successful.

Edited On 18 Feb, 2013

Comments
I got all excited by the title then, but it's all about some meaningless award.
You changed the title as I posted
Barada's avatar
Sound's like Jill Murray still wonders how they got it, by the tone of her tweet. The competition looked odd - was it a Sony masterplan to big-up the Vita?
Barada 4 years ago
Joe2120's avatar
Ah yeah, that other title may be a story down the line :D I'm investigating :D
Joe2120 4 years ago
I do hope so, would like to see another sequel in that franchise if they can get it as good as the original.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Lets face it, It wasn't hard to beat halo 4. As much as i love Halo games the story on this one was very lacklustre
Barada's avatar
I'll be giving Halo 4 a play sometime in the next week, I hope. Have never played any Halo game before.
Barada 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Halo games are great, the online co-op campaign is good fun, and the competitive mulitplayer has plenty of gametypes to keep you happy. Story wise this one isn't too strong, but it's still an enjoyable playthrough.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Rachael 4 years ago
i dont know if you would class liberations as a spin off from 3, but you know its bad when this version is beating a full fledge assassins creed 3 story. very good news for the vita though
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Could be thats just because she wasnt a moaning little brat though... god i hated Connor. I have a feeling that this one was just testing the water for a female protagonist though.
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
screally's avatar
screally 4 years ago
I thought the story was terrible in it, gameplay was good, but this seems silly
JMeeks1875's avatar
JMeeks1875 4 years ago
See what happens when put a women on the front cover ;) I have it for my Vita but haven't gotten around to playing it yet, I'm a big fan of the franchise though so looking forward to it. This is a positive for the Vita.
LFC Bywater's avatar
If thats the case the new Tomb raider is going to do pretty well too :P I expect that it's going to anyway.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Barada's avatar
Need more female lead characters, and not just those bimbo stereotypes that frequent most games. Saints Row The Third had a good idea, let players be a female - what a revelation. OK, so the game wasn't exactly clean and virtuous but it did say, women can kick ass, too!
Barada 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
There are some tremendous female leads. Despite her dimensions Lara Croft is awesome. Samus still remains to be one of the most prominent ones too. Maybe its because the females feel more developed. Some people say Chell is an awesome female lead. But I'm not convinced. I don't think she ever spoke at all or did anything that made me feel she was a female XD
Robichoico 4 years ago
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
i really didn't like this game at all does anyone agree that this was a bad game
MATTHEW 4 years ago
knockton, yeah i kind of agree i didn't enjoy this as much as the others but the game play was spot on it just seemed to miss something??
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
I am pleased. In my opinion it got on a ladder, climbed a big hill and did a wee on proper Ass Creed 3 from a great height. Viva la Vita !!
Andrew 4 years ago
Classic action game always a fan
Lavindathar's avatar
Lavindathar 4 years ago
Never played this, is it worth picking up?
its defiantely worth picking up. im so glad this game won the award but anyway its a really good story and the same assassins creed experience you know. if you like other assassins creed games i would reccomend you pick it up and i think shopto have it discounted in their half term sale at the moment as well.
Jamie 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
What Jamie said, pretty much spot on. Paid full price and am happy with that. The costume ting takes some getting used to and the online is weird and a bit gash but single player is T for Tremendous.
Datastatic 4 years ago
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Good for the game but the list of games seemed laughable for best writing when things like Spec ops the line arent even on the list.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Really? Best Writing? I suppose Journey and Xenoblade just kinda faded away did they? (these are always american awards so...) Nevermind. Just saw the other nominations. Epic Mickey 2? Really? 007 Legends? Um...ok. It's not that this is a bad game (although I'd love to see a HD version get ported running like the console versions do.) it just felt limited by the Vita.
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
I was tempted to get this but at the time it was one of those things that said a few meh points in reviews....and i had no money lol. Might pick it up if the price is right :)
Johnathon 4 years ago
Assassin's Creed games tend to have really good storylines and this game was no exception, the gameplay for it though was a bit left to be desired in my opinion.
TromaDogg's avatar
TromaDogg 4 years ago
I've had this game since launch. It's a great game (asides from the awful touch screen pickpocketing mechanic) but it certainly doesn't deserve a writer's award...the storyline is disjointed and downright confusing at times.