'Big plans' for Crysis 3 DLC

Crytek has said that it has 'big plans' for Crysis 3 DLC, although it's not quite revealed what these plans are.

Speaking to CVG, CEO Cevat Yerli told the the site that while Crytek can't talk about what it has in mind, something is coming.

"We're still exploring that. We have some plans in mind that we can't disclose yet, but we are going to wait a little bit to see how the beta's running and how the game does for the first few days. We do have a big plan to support it."

A game with no DLC already set to release? That's rare these days is it not?

So far three million gamers have downloaded the Crysis 3 multiplayer beta, which is a pretty impressive number. We'd imagine many of these people have already pre-ordered the game or are planning on picking it up when it arrives later this week.

You can pre-order your copy of Crysis 3 below.

Edited On 18 Feb, 2013

Comments
Rachael 4 years ago
i love dlc, but dont want it rammed down my throat with every game i purchase. aslong as they give it a bit of time i will be happy. nice to see that they are going to see how the game does before putting stuff out too.
Bindiana's avatar
I must admit DLC seems to be getting rammed down people throats before the game has been released. I think I have only bought DLC for 4 games which Was Gears of War 2 and 3 and Azura's Wrath (annoyed that I had to buy the proper ending) and Everybodys Golf on the PS3
Bindiana 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I tend to buy alot of DLC, Halo maps, COD maps, But only when i've started to get bored of the content already on the disc. I never get DLC that is on the day or just a few weeks after, Like the Nemesis DLC for that Racoon city Resi game.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I'm sure it won't take them long to start knocking up the map packs after launch.
Milosuperspesh's avatar
Milosuperspesh 4 years ago
if it's not hunter or campaign i won't bother.. and if it's a reasonable price.. but knowing ea it'll be 1000 or more msp for 5 maps i think map packs are expensive true if you play alot of mp it's not to bad but considering other games dlc is campaign missions/extra content that is a sizeable download (maybe limited replay value like maps do) and they are usually less points to get...
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
I'm still waiting for there "Big Plans" to go towards Timesplitters but seeing as Crytek are being iffy about it, I guess it won't happen -_-
LFC Bywater's avatar
There's a lot of us waiting for this, If they were working for it behind the scenes for a next gen launch title i would cry a little lol.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Kizzy's avatar
I can't even describe the happiness I would feel if they were working on it lol
Kizzy 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
How anyone can support Crytek after that pathetic, glitchy, laggy mess that was Crysis 2, I don't know
LFC Bywater's avatar
I thought the single player was ok, didn't come across any major glitches in 2 playthroughs. The only thing that bothered me about the online was people Camo camping in corners. Crytek's main strong point is definatly presentation.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
Crytek are all style over substance, and that style is only noticeable on PC
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
Jamie 4 years ago
great, yet another game that is publically telling us about dlc they will charge us for before the game is out once again, good on you crytek.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I think of it more as they are saying that they have good idea's for it, but will wait to see how the game does first before they put the idea's forward. Would you rather a game came out and the developer just wiped their hands with the product after launch jamie?
Johnathon 4 years ago
Wish these companies would stop making DLC before the game's even out, it takes away content from the original game that we should get when we fork out 40 quid on release date.
they havent made it yet, they are just saying they are thinking about it after
Rachael 4 years ago
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
I absolutely despise DLC for newish games. Forza Horizon being the worst offender. There should be a gap of at least 6 months between the release of the game and any DLC showing it's face. Forza had DLC on the release day and plenty more in the pipeline. Games are being delayed for DLC while the creators get busy on extra things to charge you for rather than concentrate on what you are paying for.
Rachael 4 years ago
the problem i have with dlc like the forza one is tat you kind of need the dlc to be able to actually compete with other racers online. its a poor tactic, as it makes people feel that they need to get the dlc. i dont mind maps and other single player dlc but additional cars that are usuable online vs others who dont have them is what i dont agree with.
Kelly-Marie 4 years ago
in other words ea have said "milk the fan base or 4 is not happening"