Donkey Kong Returns footage arrives

A gameplay video for Donkey Kong Returns on 3DS has appeared online, giving us a look at just how much fun it'll be to control the big ape.

We don't know about you, but we think this looks pretty ace, and it's not Mario, which makes a nice change don't you think?

Check out the video below.

Donkey Kong Returns for 3DS is released later this year.

Edited On 18 Feb, 2013

Comments
I rarely buy the same game twice, but I'm going to make an exception for this, looks fantastic, and the 2.5D levels are going to look even better in proper 3D.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
This trailer made the game look like great fun, Shame its another game that's coming later this year. Gives me time to save up for a 3DS though.
It is great fun, right up there with the Rare originals on the SNES.
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Easily one of the best platformers in a long while. Showing up Mario and Little Big Planet how to do traditional platforming games. Saying that. I dunno if I'll bother with buying it again. I played the first version to death. I suppose it's nice if you missed it.
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
I never played Donkey Kong games, at the time I was console hopping to and from the PS2 and Gamecube playing Timesplitters, Ape Escape and then Mario Party and Mario Kart lol
LFC Bywater's avatar
This is blasphemy! lol Donkey Kong is amazing. Then again so are these other games that you have listed so i'll let you off.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Kizzy's avatar
Haha I am grateful you forgave me xD
Kizzy 4 years ago
Jamie 4 years ago
ive never really got into donkey kong. just wandering what makes this franchise successful.
The same thing that makes Mario successful, but hairier and with lots of bananas.
Unknown_1's avatar
Unknown_1 4 years ago
I hope they add some new stuff in besides the 3D presentation to warrant a buy for those who already have the Wii version of the game.
Pete992's avatar
Pete992 4 years ago
This game brings me back to visiting a friends house to play the original over and over again, never owned it myself and very tempted to buy this just for donkey kong, however it would be a toss up between this and a vita for final fantasy X, or the weak option and get both :)
Robichoico's avatar
FFX HD is coming for the PS3. So if you already own that it makes things a whole lot easier
Robichoico 4 years ago
Pete992's avatar
Very true, i read it on ign and have a habbit of reading the headlines and looking at pretty pictures instead of reading everything :) still for me it's a reason finally to buy a vita
Pete992 4 years ago
TromaDogg's avatar
TromaDogg 4 years ago
I really enjoyed this game on Wii and will probably get the 3DS version just to have it on the go, it's as tough as nails though in comparison to the original DKC trilogy that Rare developed on the SNES....DKC Returns is very unforgiving in parts and forces you to pretty much learn and memorise the level layouts. Hopefully the 3DS version will boast some extra content too. I'm already looking forward to playing it on my XL. :)