Activision: Destiny won't arrive in 2013

Bungie's newly revealed Destiny will not be released in 2013, Activision has confirmed.

According to a press release sent to us "Activision reiterated that although Bungie's amazing new world was revealed today (yesterday), Activision has not included the launch in its 2013 outlook and there should be no speculation or expectation of a different result."

Looking at what's said above, this could mean that we won't see the game till at least April 2014 since that would be the start of the new financial year.

Seems we have a while to wait then. Could this be due to the wait for next generation consoles?

Edited On 18 Feb, 2013

Comments
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Over a year.... :( well that sucks. Seems like I am going to have to wipe my memory of all the awesome stuff i saw yesterday else i'll just explode.
Never thought it would do, it's a very ambitious project and is bound to launch on the next gen.
LFC Bywater's avatar
I just had the tiniest bit of hope that we would be getting the Nextgen stuff late this year, not April next.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
We still might, just not this game.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Yeah i reckon it will be a November/ december release for the new xbox and ps3. Dont mind waiting for destiny until next year will have more time to play it then hopefully.
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
Benji_1's avatar
Benji_1 4 years ago
I'd have preferred them reveal it later, like at E3, rather than now. Sounds like an interesting project and look forward to hearing/seeing more.
JMeeks1875's avatar
JMeeks1875 4 years ago
The vast majority of information regarding next generation hardware is gossip & rumor, There is very little concrete sourced facts about what we can expect from both Sony & Microsoft. This includes the release dates of next gen consoles so whether or not Destiny will be released on current hardware I would class as rumor as well. Still, It's a huge project & one to watch.
Unknown_1's avatar
Unknown_1 4 years ago
I don't quite get this. If it isn't coming out this year, then wouldn't it be better to just release it for next gen? From the news that I've heard this game is going to be a 10 year project and has been running the tagline "be brave". I honestly don't think they'd want to keep this game going for 10 years in current gen platforms. But then again this game seems to be making a some kind of new genre of its own. So we probably don't know everything about it (maybe it'll have cloud support for current gen after next gen releases?). Either way I'm excited to find out more about it.
Lavindathar's avatar
Lavindathar 4 years ago
I did say it wouldnt come out this year on the announcement article, and that the 31-12-13 was just a placeholder date.

@Unknown - it will be next gen :)
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
deffo be a next gen purchase then :( this has made me quite sad.. as LFC said memory wipe needed! where is the booze.. i cant even drink it away wife is pregnant and wont let me drink :( not my fault shes not aloud to drink
LOL. It kinda is :)
0000000000's avatar
ok its totally my fault! but she should understand more lol
0000000000 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Kiki just drink silently in the garage, she will never find you :P or invest in a shed lol
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
Plenty of time to convince me to buy it, good stuff :)
Jamie 4 years ago
that's a shame. the leaked documents last year were probably right but bungie probably needed more development time on their game. my idea of this being a launch title for the next generation xbox is out the window as the xbox 720 and ps4 ( you know what i mean by the xbox 720 ) will most likely launch before christmas this year probably in november. what exclusives are microsoft now going to have for their new console as launch titles??? halo released 2012, gears of war judgement out this year, forza released in 2012, fable i dont see coming. sony will have kilzone 4 100%, possibly infamous 3 so microsft better suprise us with something that isnt a kinect gimmick or sony will lead the way for the new consoles at the start.
Johnathon 4 years ago
At least this won't have to be another flop that gets released on the current consoles like many other games. Although I still think these next gen consoles aren't gonna be too much of a step up.
TromaDogg's avatar
TromaDogg 4 years ago
At least this hasn't been announced for the Wii U (I don't think?), otherwise after the delay was announced the internet would be full of hate comments towards Bungie, lol. On a more serious note, I'd rather them take as much time as they need to, to make it the best game it can be. Too many games end up rushed and/or full of bugs and glitches thanks to publishers demanding they be out in time for Xmas.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
After they showed pretty much nothing of the game beyond some pretty artwork I could see this coming. Makes me wonder why they bothered showing it now of all times when it clearly wasn't ready for any kind of mass media blowout judging from some of the first hand reports from attendees at Bungie over the weekend.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I think the main reason they showed what they did was just to generate hype, and they have clearly succeeded. I think we may see more actual gameplay at E3.
PrometheusFan's avatar
But then why show anything now when they could have blown E3 away with a full unveiling where they'd have to hold nothing back and they'd be showing off to a far bigger audience than just the soft reveal they've done yesterday where they're not even allowed to acknowledge half the platforms they're releasing the game on? I know I don't get it.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 years ago
really looking forward to this game! next gen maybe?