Far Cry 3 to add outpost reset and master difficulty settings

Ubisoft has revealed some new features and changes for its open world action shooter Far Cry 3.

The first of these tweaks is the added ability to reset outposts. This option will be available from the menu once you have taken over all of the game's outposts and allows you to make them hostile once again. Once reset all incomplete side missions and quests will become hidden. In order to finish the incomplete side missions you have to retake the outpost again.

In addition, an upcoming patch will add in a new master difficulty setting, ramping up pirates and the privateers, while also making wildlife more aggressive.

There will also be a few other tweaks, all of which are shown on the Ubisoft forums.

Edited On 19 Feb, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
More aggressive wildlife? Holy hell that's going to be fun! The outpost reset seems a little daft. Unless your using them to grind out XP, then what's the point? UNLESS ofcourse, it's like FC2, you take the outpost, leave, and it resets instantly everytime. But that was just frustrating in FC2 and I don't think anyone would want that!
Hymeleon's avatar
Since each outposts affects quite large area, someone would probably want to bring back some pirates for, say, target practice or trophy hunt.
Hymeleon 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Alot of the trophys become very hard once you have got all of the outposts such as killing a pirate from a zipwire/parachute/paraglyder one.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
John 4 years ago
This is fantastic news! I can't wait for these tweaks, making an already fun game even more fun :D
MrFlibble78's avatar
MrFlibble78 4 years ago
Sounds like a great addition. Just got the flamethrower trophy by just running back and to from the lumberyard because I'd liberated all the outposts. No enemies = No fun. By the way if anyone wants to help me get my last 3 Co-Op trophies and have a bit of a laugh my PSN ID is MrFlibble78 I know there was a comment section for ID's but it's lost
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Good luck. Trying to get those trophys were the worst part of the game for me. I only tried to 100% it as I had like 80% of trophies when I checked. But then after playing 2 co-op missions, I just died a little inside and gave up on the game.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
screally's avatar
screally 4 years ago
Bit silly considering they're fast travel points? Higher difficulty sounds fun though
JMeeks1875's avatar
JMeeks1875 4 years ago
Should help those struggling with kill amounts and give some extra game hours but not a lot more in all honesty.
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
Interesting move to make there Ubi making it harder and all :)
Jamie 4 years ago
i want ubisoft to make single player dlc, maybe showing another characters perspective on the island instead of jason's. nice patch idea but it wont be enough for me to play this game again as i dont like really hard diffaculty settings because im useless at it and the camps i havent even oblitertaed all of them yet.
Johnathon 4 years ago
Great that they're making the game have some longevity to it without the need of DLC just yet!
Goose_1's avatar
Goose_1 4 years ago
Still haven't finished it yet but sounds interesting. Will have to pick this back up but hard when I have so much to play and Crysis 3 is nearly here!
Unknown_1's avatar
Unknown_1 4 years ago
Crazy talk! I guess my supply of unlimited bandages will come in handy for wrapping my hand.
Rachael 4 years ago
sounds very pointless, yes it helps people get a few last trophys or achievments but that is all. the only thing that sounds good to me is the more agressive wildlife, but then again they should have been like that from the start
Unknown_1's avatar
Well those Ostrich looking things (can't remember the names) would scratch my eyeballs out whenever I went in viewing distance to them. I'd like to see how much more aggressive they can get.
Unknown_1 4 years ago