Final Evolution of PlayStation video focuses on changing the game

Sony has released the final video in its Evolution of PlayStation video series, this time focusing on some of the systems unique games.

Titles covered in the video include Heavy Rain, Gran Turismo, LittleBigPlanet and Journey. Sony says it's changed the game more than any others and who would argue?

Watch the video below and get hyped for tomorrow.

Edited On 19 Feb, 2013

Comments
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
So I guess we are gonna see a new Gran Turismo tomorrow? Gotta agree. Sony is great at changing the game. They have a few great IPs they are sitting on and doing nothing with to go for new IPs and milking them for all they're worth.
Robichoico's avatar
Just like Nintendo with ignoring F-Zero, Starfox and Advance Wars. Sony are happy to sit on titles like Parappa, Medievil and Wild Arms and hope that people forget they exist.
Robichoico 4 years ago
Kizzy's avatar
I feel I should add Ape Escape to that list as well, but when I think of the one that was made for use with the PS Move...I run to the nearest corner of the room.
Kizzy 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
I wish Nintendo would go back to non-dark days and get a good Advance Wars out again. Love that game. Perfect foil are them, Tactic Ogre, Fire Emblem etc for handhelds.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
Shadow of the Colossus! What an awesome game, need to get Journey as well....Damn you wallet, why must you be empty >_<
Unknown_1's avatar
Unknown_1 4 years ago
I bet they really wanted to say "The Last Guardian", but even Sony probably don't know when that game is coming out lol.
Kizzy's avatar
Haha all I have heard is that its still being developed nothing else other then that xD
Kizzy 4 years ago
Jamie 4 years ago
journey was a unique experience and sony are right as they have inervated upon games such as creating little big planet, jouney and gran turismo which sells millions of units each game that is released in the series.
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
I dont care what they do as long as they bring out another Little Big Planet. Never have I played a game for so long and felt like I've not actually done anything in the game!
Robichoico's avatar
go play Dark Souls then. That's what put me off that game XD Played all weekend and barely got much further. Gave up after that.
Robichoico 4 years ago
TromaDogg's avatar
TromaDogg 4 years ago
Strangely enough (compared to most people) I honestly hated Journey and thought it was a complete waste of the £10 I spent on it. I found it way too short, easy, soulless and with little to no point replaying it. That is very much just my personal opinion though, I realise that. But I found both Ico and Shadow Of The Colossus to be massively enjoyable experiences, and there's plenty of Sony exclusive games that I consider to be all time classics....Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank for instance, Killzone 2 & 3 (never liked the first one much but the sequels are excellent), God Of War, Infamous (much better than Crackdown on the Xbox 360, IMHO), Motorstorm and Uncharted also. My bias has always been (and probably always will be) towards Nintendo, but with games and franchises like that around, it's pretty much a dead cert that I will always pick up whatever consoles Sony release at some point.
Marty 4 years ago
I don't think that there is any doubt that over the years Sony has done more than any other company to push the boundaries of gaming. The PS2 has sold well over 100 million consoles (which is more than the original xbox & the 360 combined) & it brought gaming to the masses. Yeah, over the last few year they may not have covered themselves in glory, but without them where would gaming be today?
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
They really could have made this video bigger. They seem to squeeze everything to their big franchise in GT, and their smaller games. Should have had a section for Uncharted or God of War. Can only hope this means Last Guardian and GT6 are ready to go on launch day...
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
Im with Troma dogg here games like Jak and Daxter and Ape Escape, Parappa the rapper there once was an awesome cart game called speed freaks these are the games ive had the most fun with, Uncharted is no game changer but its excellent and im sure The last of us will be the same but heavy rain was quite possibly one of the most dreadful games ive ever played it just bored the pants off me same as gran turismo, little big planet I thought was ok and little big planet karting was just a write off for me...Sony make some awesome games I just feel recently though they nee to up there game....looking forward to tonight though
Speed Freaks was awesome, played that game to death back in the day.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
God of War is the greatest PlayStation game for me... it changed all the rules and was something you could really get into or just pick up and play