Could Battlefield 4 be set for PS4 reveal tonight?

Could EA be set to reveal Battlefield 4 during the PlayStation Meeting tonight? It's a good question.

There is certainly some evidence to suggest this could be the case, for one EA's Origin has been tweeting out about Battlefield 4, saying that it's coming while also touting a sale for Battlefield 3 on the service. Further to this, as reported this morning the game was shown off behind closed doors recently, with Gamespot CEO, J Paul Raines, commented via Twitter account about how he can't wait for you all to see it," so could 2+2 = Battlefield 4?

If this is the case then perhaps we could also see mention of FIFA 14 too? It's all speculation of course, but we can't help it, we're just too excited.

Edited On 20 Feb, 2013

Comments
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Fifa 14? there is no way they are going to make that surely?
Bindiana's avatar
No Idea how they think they can make that into an annual franshise do they really think people are going to buy the same game every year :P
Bindiana 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I doubt we'll hear anything about FIFA 14 until the summer. They never release anything until then usually.
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
It would be good to see BF4 shown at a console reveal as opposed to something like E3 because then we could see what it will actually look like consoles, whereas if it was revealed at E3 all we will get to see is PC gameplay
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Hopefully we will hear a n announcement for Battlefield and Fifa tonight. Wouldn't surprise me if it is just a hardware announcement tonight though.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I wouldn't rule it out at all. the Sony "early DLC" deal with EA, and showing a BF game on new console, assuming it looks good, equal increased sales for both companies!
Goose_1's avatar
Goose_1 4 years ago
I get the feeling this is all just speculation and that it will only be hardware focused. Still one can wish haha. This year is the first that I actually bought a football game (Fifa) and not that overly bothered by it. I would rather play FIFA 95 haha
LFC Bywater's avatar
I really enjoyed this fifa, but the main reason i do get the new one every year is player movements, new kits and i do feel they add a fair bit to the gameplay too, shame the refs are still shite though, but i suppose that makes it realistic... :P
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
This years FIFA gets flack as people believe in things like '90th minute bugs' and such, which most of us call bad defending! But I get it every year as the improvements are noticeable, the updates are all done and my mates get them too. And it puts everyone on a new playing field again, learning how to play it effectively and building your FUT.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
ive had fifa every year since 1996 and thats not going to change even if i have to wait longer for fifa 14 on the next xbox i dont see the point in getting it on this gen. LFC i agree hayden pennfeather is a ba****d! may he burn in hell
0000000000 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
I'll get both. If there is going to be from September 2013 - January/February 2013, I'm not waiting that long to play FIFA. I'd happily buy it again on the next gen console too.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
FUT and pro clubs is the main things i play. 90th minute bug is purely "fergie time":P The worst are red cards for perfectly good tackles, i sometimes even go all andy grey on them inspect the replays from different angles. yeh i'm sad like that lol. Don;t even get me started on hayden pennfeather...
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Yeah Pro Clubs is a main thing for me, especially in the early months. The red cards, I've only ever been sent off once, and that was on FUT after I kept getting booked for trips on players, and eventually tolled up, luckily while 4-0 up. I barely slide due to the perfect time tackles seeming to get called. I hate when someone slides you though, and your player vaults the challenge, yet somehow manages to slow down to super slow speed and get caught by the guy who slid.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Goose_1's avatar
im still getting used to the controls and different modes. i am currently playing career mode but i get the feeling i should be playing this FUT mode etc. anyone want to break it down for me.... :)
Goose_1 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Basically it's like match attacks. You get a starter pack of bronze players who are the worst. there are bronze, silver and gold players, And certain other players known as "team of the week" which are EA's choice of this weeks best players. You play games with your'e players until you earn enough coins to either buy more packs or buy individual players from the auction house. It is enjoyable, but people spend Microsoft points to get packs so 90% of the people who play it have amazing teams by now. Worth a try though, but be careful because it is extremely addictive!
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
You also need to keep your'e players fitness levels up and buy contract cards. Keep them in a formation that they are happy with. It's all about chemistry too, but most people just crack pace out on the wing and abuse that.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Goose_1's avatar
Wicked! Thanks for that! Will give it ago but it could be short lived if people are already exposing stuff like that and using it to there advantage. Cheers for the help :)
Goose_1 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
You earn coins per match too. So even if you lose, you get points. You can enter offline tournaments or online ones. Each one has a specific 'rule'. You have to make sure you get the right chemistry of players(Certain players suit certain formations), and then you can open packs. I miss the 09 version though. As you HAD to play with your bronze team to begin with. You then had to buy packs and build up that way and you couldn't buy a gold pack till you had played 10 games atleast. You then couldn't spend cash on players for the first 2 weeks or so, so my team I had was lovely. Now you can't get past having to play a team with 82+ players in each position.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Goose_1's avatar
Thanks dynamite, will be sure to take a look at it. Wish me luck lol
Goose_1 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Good luck :) You may enjoy it more, the game is much more fast paced/arcadelike on FUT.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
Hopefully the wont bother about a single player campaign this time as 3 was terrible. though i did enjoy the bad company ones.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Always been Call Of Duty rather than Battlefield but might well give the third one a go seeing as its so cheap. Anyone know when the Call of Duty maps are out?
LFC Bywater's avatar
I think i am one of those rare people that get equal enjoyment from both.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
And it's feb 28th for PS3 bud
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Goose_1's avatar
Shame buddy, you don't know what you are missing. BF3 is more of a tatical game online and plays even better when you have a group of friedns in a squad that work well together.
Goose_1 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Will have to give it a go as liked the Rainbow Six games years ago which were a bit like that.
Beazi 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
There is a new Rainbow six game coming out soon i believe. Think it's called patriots, but haven't heard anything about it for a while.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Goose_1's avatar
There was a trailer for rainbow six not long ago and it looked good. Some aspects where similar to GR future soldier. But will look forward to more updates on it. I agree even though I'm a big BF3 fan I still enjoy the occasional game of zombies :)
Goose_1 4 years ago
I doubt you'll enjoy it especially on console. But who knows!
Johnathon 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
For PS3 that is
February 28th if i am correct?
Rachael 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Yep thats right.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Rachael 4 years ago
would be realy nice if they do decide to announce some games alongside the announcement of the ps4, will give us all a chance to see what kind of graphics we will be seeing over the next decade. unbelievably excited about tonight 11pm cannot be here quick enough! please hurry!
Unknown_1's avatar
Unknown_1 4 years ago
I personally never liked BFBC2. The game's controls seemed very weighty and I just ran around these huge maps finding no one. I would do my best to get to the objectives and try to cap it or arm/disarm the bomb, but none of my team mates would help me and rather be hiding in some bush shooting/sniping long distance. This would lead me to end up dying on the obj and having to run/drive for another 5 minutes to get back to position. It was a pretty bad experience for me. I'm sure its a lot nicer when playing with a group of people. Not that I'm saying COD is a better game, but I myself have changed the tide of many a domination match just by capping many flags or kill confirmed by slaying many people even if my teammates suck and wouldn't take the objective. Anyway I do want to see what they could have prepared for the PS4 though.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Had the same issue sometimes but as you said its better to play with a group of friends that will actually go for the objectives rather than just try to get kills dont think people realise you can get a better score for just capturing objectives.
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
Jamie 4 years ago
i dont think they will show off fia tonight but i think battlefield as it will give sony a chance to show off the power of the ps4 and what it is capable of. remember when the xbox and ps3 launched in 2005/06 the graphics were awful compared to what they are on the systems now with such games as battlefield 3, crysis 3, tomb raider.
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
So much is going on for tonight really looking forward to checking this out later xD
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Wasn't this like....announced for the PS3, 360 and Wii U a few months ago anyways? It's been up for pre-order for those at some places at least. I'm guessing this is the 'true' reveal that shows how the PS4 can handle 'more of the same' from EA.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Think the only thing i seen was getting the beta if you got MOH but will prob come out on them all.
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
theses rumours are funny i hope they show bf 4 uncharted 4 metal gear but hears hoping
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
If they are throwing games about tonihg too they have to announce one that makes people say wow.
Johnathon 4 years ago
I hope that this is true, but gotta give us a load of other next gen releases as well!