Bioshock Infinite season pass announced

##@image@##

2K Games and Irrational Games today revealed details of the BioShock Infinite Season Pass.

The pass will cover the three all-new add-on packs which are in development, and which will provide hours of additional gameplay and continue the player's journey with new stories, characters, abilities and weapons.

The BioShock Infinite Season Pass will be available on March 26, 2013 when the game is planned to launch, and provide nearly $30.00 of add-on content for $19.99 on PlayStation Network and Windows PC or 1,600 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live.

Those who purchase the BioShock Infinite Season Pass will also receive the Early Bird Special Pack at no extra cost. This bonus pack contains four pieces of exclusive gear, a Machine Gun Damage Upgrade, a Pistol Damage Upgrade, a gold skin for both weapons and five Infusion bottles that allow players to increase their health, their shield durability or their ability to use Vigors by increasing the quantity of Salts they can carry.

In addition, those who pre-order BioShock Infinite will receive the Industrial Revolution Pack for free. This pack grants exclusive access to three in-game gear items that boost combat abilities, $500 bonus to in-game currency, five lock picks and the Industrial Revolution puzzle game, which unlocks stories of Columbia and allows players to pledge their allegiance to the Vox Populi or Founders through Facebook.

Edited On 21 Feb, 2013

Comments
Goose_1's avatar
Goose_1 4 years ago
Excellent news, will giver a good start and also happy they have put a reasonable price on the season pass. Smiley faces all round :)
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
1600ms points sounds alright especially as a good few of us will be 2400ms better off for doing the now tv trial
Goose_1's avatar
Yea true lol! Nice to see most seasons passes coming down in price. Makes it worth while for people buying Bioshock who are big fans.
Goose_1 4 years ago
screally's avatar
screally 4 years ago
I'd wait until they detail some of the dlc
Jamie 4 years ago
how much will it be on playstation in europe? season passes i think are a great idea as you get all the dlc at a discounted price.
Taz 4 years ago
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I hate this BS. "Yeah but it's cheaper than other Seasons Passes" No, the DLC is overpriced to begin with (800M$P haha no). And, none of you even know what you're getting with it. Basically, I'll give you my blindly in the hopes it pays off later on. Stupid and so are the people that think it's good.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
People can spend their money on what they want. And if it turns out the DLC they provide is amazing, and they've saved $10.01, then they'll be happy. So simmer.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Its not as though you need to buy the season pass until the dlc is out you can wait and see what its like. Its also good to know that the game will be supported with extra content after launch so you know wether to hold on to the game or not.
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Just because other people are willing to trust the developers and pay their money up front doesn't make them stupid. It just means they have faith in the game that it will deliver to their expectations.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
None of you know what you're getting and you're already considering buying DLC for an unreleased game? What? So no-one is bothered about DLC being announced before the game coming out(which could easily be disk locked or taken out and repackaged as DLC). And you consider buying DLC at 800M$P each to be a deal? DLC has always been a massive rip-off. Only because people lack consumer smarts is the price going up. Look at Gears: Gears 1: Free DLC and the map packs around 400 Gears 2: 1 pre-order map pack and maps around 800points Gears 3: Disk lock content(£40s worth), day 1 DLC, pre-order packs, a season pass costing £20 and additional DLC each at 800M$P Why do you guys stick up for such bad business practices that DOESN'T benefit you in anyway? They're selling DLC before the game is out and you're already getting hyped about a buying a seasons pass that doesn't even guarantee you to great content. I'm in the wrong here?
Taz 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Their not selling the DLC before it is out, they are giving us an option to save money by essentially buying in bulk. You don't have to buy a pass straight away, you can leave it up until a day before or even on the day of the first DLC release. And three sets of 800 doesn't make 1600 points... If you know that youu will more than likely get all of the DLC it makes no sense not to get a season pass. I did for gears 3 and didn't regret it one bit.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Unknown_1's avatar
Bywater thats not the point. They shouldn't be developing DLC before they have even released the game. It should be strictly post-release. If they are doing so with the resources they gathered for the original game, then why not put this "DLC" in the game as it is already made before the game released. Developers should be putting their full effort to give us the biggest and best experience they can give for our money. Not taking out parts of their games and releasing it later in bulk as "DLC".
Unknown_1 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I understand your point, bur I think someone mentioned on here the process of it all. Once the game goes gold (which it has) the product is then distributed to all of the retailers. The team then go to work on the DLC, better to do that than just do nothing. I Do understand what you are saying though, i really hate day one, or a few weeks after release DLC. But I think it will be a while before this DLC is actually brought out, they are just informing us that DLC will be supported with this title.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
Woah!!! Taz keep your knickers on mate ultimately I have lots of MS points knocking around and I have more on the way which were free so er this dlc for me will be er Free for me Free equals guess what Free the only people that are stupid here are those that dont understand the concept of er Free!!!...This is just in my case to be honest tho I love bioshock and I cant wait for the game let alone the DLC
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i think thats amazing value compared to most season passes.. i cant wait for bioshock!!!!!!
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
Not bad will have to consider this when Bioshock Infinite is released :D
MATTHEW 4 years ago
thats a good price for a season pass in my opinion especially since all the latest games seem to be charging a lot more. but i wanna know more details, if its single player dlc an story driven then im happy with that.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Great price for a season pass, will more than likely wait till i have the the game before I invest in a pass though. Hopefully more developers will price their season passes at this price.
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
Why is this article not about Playstation 4? Is there a mistake? Please remove it immediately.
there must be something wrong? we need strictly ps4 news for atleast a week!
Rachael 4 years ago
Unknown_1's avatar
Unknown_1 4 years ago
I hate to be negative, but I really do not like these practices. Why do companies announce DLC before they even release their games? They should be developing and announcing DLC after their game has launched to expand upon their game. They shouldn't be cutting out parts of a game and putting it as DLC which they developed while the actual game was being made.
Kizzy's avatar
I don't like the idea of releasing Season Passes for games, the only one I ever got was Gears of War 3 and that's it =/
Kizzy 4 years ago
moro's avatar
But what evidence do you have that they are cutting out part of the game? They already mentioned that the game has gone gold, so too late to put it on the disk anyway. It makes business sense to work on post launch DLC, after the game is done.
moro 4 years ago
The Auracle's avatar
The Auracle 4 years ago
I used to see where people who decry DLC are coming from but then I realised that these are the same people who would moan about how long it takes for a game to come out were all the DLC included, then moan about what's missing from said game, AND moan about developers/publishers not supporting the game post-launch. You can't win for losing, it seems.
alan james 4 years ago
good to know that think i might get season pass soon