New Xbox set for April reveal?

A new report suggests this Microsoft is preparing a one-off event to show off its new console.

CVG, reports that the Sony reveal "at first caught Microsoft off-guard," and now in response, VG247 is reporting that Microsoft is getting set for an April reveal for its new console.

So what do you think? Does April sound like a good month for a new console reveal?

Edited On 22 Feb, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
thats soooooooooooooooooooooo far away :( better be better than the ps4 else ill have to betray microsoft and go back to sony and i actually dont want to do that
troublemaker's avatar
Come on over to the dark side! we have sweets!
troublemaker 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
oooooh... sweets :P
0000000000 4 years ago
Spikey Sato's avatar
but we have cookies and cake :D
Spikey Sato 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
But........ Sweets!
troublemaker 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
cookies and cake would win! microsoft need to pull of something amazing! and i know they will
0000000000 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
I'm very interested in what MS come up with. I would love to have both consoles but It's gonna be a case of weighing up the pros and cons and, at least to start with, choosing the console I would prefer
troublemaker 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I'm in the same boat. I have never owned a PS3, and have always been fully sattisfied with my 360. Things are changing though, and if Microsoft go all kinect heavy they may lose me as a customer.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
yeah i have to admit sony is looking good... but im confident in microsoft ahead of the april launch! i will keep the faith
0000000000 4 years ago
Kizzy's avatar
Ah your missing out, why only join one side when you can join both? :D
Kizzy 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I really do wanna do both, its just the money that will probably stump that idea :P
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Further away than the reported March. I think doing it in April is trying to set up the 'we don't care what Sony did', where as if they did it in March to get it out ASAP, it may have came across as desperate.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
April's a good idea. It's only a couple of months to E3 from there. It's possible to keep the hype train going as the news and the leaks slowly fizzle out.
Goose_1's avatar
Goose_1 4 years ago
great idea. with sonys press release of the new PS4 it will create a big hype of anticipation to see what Microsoft will offer in comparrison! will be hanging on the edge of my seat waiting to see whats in store for the new console :)
Goose_1's avatar
Goose_1 4 years ago
watzcoc's avatar
watzcoc 4 years ago
well at least the live stream will be more stable? lol. Anyway MS will deliver, even if the rumored specs are slightly less powerfull in the CPU department it will still be on par with the PS4. The only way i will buy a PS4 over new xbox is if it was significantly more powerfull, also the price point is a factor also. Don't forget the 8gb ram that is used is for the full console, MS reportedly uses 5 GB for gaming , the rest for system and background apps and resources, PS4 uses only 3GB for gaming? rumors i know. Anyway that doesn't matter, what matters is performance wise they will be evenly matched.
Unknown_1's avatar
Unknown_1 4 years ago
I guess that makes sense. No console has ever been revealed at E3. So showing the 720 before E3 and then giving details on it there is probably the best way to go.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Only about a month and a half away, hopefully it will be at the start of April. Microsoft better have plenty up their sleeves, and it wouldn't surprise me if they were frantically trying to push out Halo 5 for launch. A new Xbox launch doesn't seem right without a new Halo
360 never had a Halo for launch, instead we got Perfect Dark Zero, what a mess that was.
LFC Bywater's avatar
I'm thinking of the original Xbox then, Halo was one of my first games for it. Only thing that i am worried about is that all of the big Xbox exclusive's have just game out or are fast approaching such as Halo 4 and Gears judgement. So what exclusive's are hey going to have around the start of the next Xbox?
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Yep, doesn't look good does it, maybe they have some new IPs ready, there was news about some new IPs not long ago, but they are going to have to be pretty special to carry a console launch.
Jamie 4 years ago
i heard these april rumours around a month ago and now they have resurfaced i think it likely will be in april as its between now and E3 but lets just hope that it is the same quality or even better than the ps4 and microsft dont blow there chances by pushing kinect too much as you know what microsft? people do not care about kinect as much as you think they do and even if it is the kinect v2 i still think all of microsfts exclusives will list up of kinect based titles which vs something like killzone 4 is going to get thrashed by sony.
Arjun 4 years ago
xbox best have something good to pull out there sleeves. im telling you lot now they best not go all kinect bulls*hit on us. no1 even bothers with it that i know of. just keep it hardcore and real. im not having ps4 coming out on top to be more powerfull etc graphics etc. come on wheres bill gates when you need him. you got the money so get it sorted even if its abit more expensive i dont care ill still buy it because it will be worth it. !
Really not expecting too much from MS, I'm sure their hardware will match up fine, but if it's relying on the same old franchises again then I'm not interested.
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
Er Killzone??? Er Infamous 3??? Arent they just part of the same ole franchises on PS4???We want new franchises right??? I was surprisingly impressed with what sony are doing and what they are going to try and am very much looking forward to it I like the push of the game aspect of Sonys reveal the other day.....I have no doubt about the xboxs infrastructure its the kinect b0ll0x that concrens me.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Same as much as Killzone and inFamous were fun games it would be nice to gave some more new IPs.
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
Hey Microsoft if you see this make new IP's ye we love halo but we need new games also make sure i can play all my 360 games unlike the PS4 ):
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
Rachael 4 years ago
if xbox has backwards compatability then that will be one thing that they have over sony, dont know what else they are going to do though. a new forza just wont cut it.
Goose_1's avatar
Goose_1 4 years ago
Microsoft are pretty good with that I think it will Definately have backwards compatability as Microsofts tech is easier to program for than Sony and the Playstation 3
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
To be honest I'm not all that fussed about backwards compability. Yeh it's nice for people who have plenty of games but i only have the games that i play regularly, so would not visit these when new, better versions are available. All i want is to have my Arcade titles transfer over, as i have about 60 of them.
Goose_1's avatar
Goose_1 4 years ago
Games I play from the original Xbox now... Only Doom 3 to be honest but that does not play well
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
As long as the release dates are nowhere near each other then all is good. Otherwise I'm gonna have to be an adult and choose between the two. I don't like being an adult. It's boring.
A wise man once said "There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
Goose_1's avatar
Goose_1 4 years ago
Sony and Microsoft WILL want that to happen in this recession. If they can get the upper hand in the first month the other may panic! It is what they want you to have to do they don't want you to have both!
Aviemore's avatar
Aviemore 4 years ago
We all know that Sony + Microsoft are pretty much the only cash sucking machines when it comes to gaming - yeah there is Nintendo but since their part of European market is as big as Arsenals chances to win Champions League I don't really count them here - and IMO it would b nice if both sides came to agreement to share the market. There r ppl that will stick to PS or bigX and matter of who will release their new console first is just to start the media engine and get those poor guys who dont own 1 yet to buy their product and again IMO the market is already big enough to get MAJOR profits from already existing customers ....
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
Looking forward to see if Microsoft will be able to do better, I personally think they won't be able to but time will tell ^_^
Johnathon 4 years ago
April sounds ok, but can't help but think it's a bit late considering how much closer to the holiday season it is. The later they leave it, the less games will be released for it, and the more chance of it being released sooner rather than later.
LFC Bywater's avatar
It will have no impact on how many game will be coming out for it at all. All this is is a reveal event, Developers will already be deep in work for the games. Them Revealing it in April has no significant difference whatsoever to Sony Revealing their system this month.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
alan james 4 years ago
I am looking forward to this New console,however iam hoping it has a playback system to play my old classic games like left for dead, MK9 or black ops and so.. i have a feeling this will be a better console but in order to keep in the competition Microsoft must look into the free gaming side of things but its too early to judge any of them yet.