Sony reveals PS Plus content for March

Sony's PS Plus just seems to be getting better and better and perhaps next month is one of the best yet.

So what's on the way then? Well how about Mass Effect 3 and Dead or Alive 5 for starters? No bad eh? But it doesn't end there. Later in the month Sony will also add the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for the PS Vita, along with Puddle which helps wrap the new content up on March 20.

Leaving PS Plus in March:

13th March: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
20th March: Puddle

Edited On 22 Feb, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
And there's me, just bought my Mass Effect Trilogy on my PS3 to finally play it through! Oh Well! The rest of the month is actually pretty spectacular!
tachikoma's avatar
tachikoma 4 years ago
I'm probably being stupid here but can anyone explain what happens when games leave PS+? I only joined last week and downloaded Sleeping Dogs which was free. When it leaves PS+ will it no longer be playable unless I pay for it?
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
you will still be able to play it until your PS+ sub runs out, when it does you will have to renew your sub if you wish to continue playing SD.
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
and FYI, even if you were to delete the game after it had been removed from instant game collection, just as long as you're still a PS+ subscriber you can redownload and continue playing
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
So long as you add them to your download queue/download them they are yours for the life of the subscription. If, for example, you want sleeping dogs but have no room for it, add it to your basket, go through checkout, just don't download it. You can download it whenever you want after it "leaves" PS+, so long as it is in your list.
troublemaker 4 years ago
Thrash's avatar
So, even when the YEARLY subscription ends, i'll be able to re-download ALL the free games? Only, after checking the "information" tab or whatever it was, on the game, it shows how many days the game is available for "365 days left" for example... So once i've re-subscribed to PlayStation Plus after the year is done, i'll be able to play them again then, even though it says this?
Thrash 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
if your subscription runs out, you can't play the games any more. You need to resubscribe to get access to them again
troublemaker 4 years ago
tachikoma's avatar
Thank you for the explanation guys, much appreciated :)
tachikoma 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
wow. quality update. MGS, Puddle, DoA, and Joe Danger 2 for me.
rkeveratt's avatar
rkeveratt 4 years ago
That's a great update! These last few months have been noting but high quality titles for PS+, definitely worth the money. I've even been getting the PS Vita games just incase I get a Vita in the near future (looking very likely now) :P It's a shame the MGS HD collection is vita only though, would quite like it for PS3
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Really nice collection of games to play there. Dead or Alive is relatively new aswell and still sells for about £20.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I already have ME3 so I can leave that. But MGS: HD. Definantely going to purchase it. Already have Limbo etc downloaded, so bring on march.
Marty 4 years ago
Yet another quality update to PS+! The last few months have seen this service go from strength to strength with the quality of titles. I know that a Sony exec said a few months back that PS+ was going to be a bigger focus for them, but I didnt expect the quality of titles that we've had over the last few months! Well played Sony!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Figure they'll keep going strong to keep interest in the PS3 strong as the PS4 storys pick up. And then they'll have to have another service to begin with on the PS4, which I'm sure they're still working over, due to not exactly going to be able to offer games straight from the off.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
I was just considering getting that Metal Gear collection as I never played Snaker Eater or Peace Walker - and I could use a reminder for Sons of Liberty. (The original Metal Gear Solid I played to death on the PS1 and then again on the Gamecube). And Mass Effect 3 too! They really aren't holding back!
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
Does the metal gear on the vita come with peace walker?
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
No, just MGS 2 and 3
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
Ah, didn't realise it was the Vita version. Thought it was strange we were getting two 'big' games for the PS3 in one month.
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
next mouth is really good guys mass effect 3 doa 5 and mgs all big games there for everyone ps plus have improved so much thank god i really love it. I hope xbox next gen give us more stuff to justify why we pay yearly or mouthy for it
Goose_1's avatar
Metal Gear is Vita
Goose_1 4 years ago
Goose_1's avatar
Goose_1 4 years ago
Mass Effect 3 is the best of those games. Dead or Alive is no Mortal Kombat
Kizzy's avatar
I will have to disagree and say Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is the best there :D
Kizzy 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I think any fighting game will struggle to compete with Mortal Kombat.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Goose_1's avatar
Agree with that, Mortal Kombat took everything to a new level. Wish we had the battler from God of War on Xbox! He is badass! I wonder if we will see MK2 this gen
Goose_1 4 years ago
Goose_1's avatar
Goose_1 4 years ago
The loss of Vanquish is a shame for Playstation 3 owners though good game wish we had this on Xbox
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
Once again, got EVERYTHING on there. Awesome.MUST....STOP....BUYING.....ANYTHING
Goose_1's avatar
Goose_1 4 years ago
How many games do you have! Or do you just buy all the good ones!
Datastatic's avatar
Me? let me count up from the trophy list. Boxed and PSN games 421... Wow, I need to get out more. Thats just Playstation 3 as well. Sad face. And no I don't just buy good ones, theres a lot of garbage in there that I have seen for a fiver and just picked up.
Datastatic 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
You seen any of those animal hoarder programmes on tv? better for you to hoarde games than animals i suppose!
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
Its a bit like that, I have always been obsessive / compulsive like that. I got into a trophy war with a friend and got obsessed for a while.
Datastatic 4 years ago
Goose_1's avatar
Big question is, do you own a copy of Mindjack? Love the review a guy did on YouTube on that so funny. Score of 1/10 wasn't wrong though.
Goose_1 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Don't care about ME3 for the same reason I didn't care about it on the Wii U. Aint played the first two lol. Dead or Alive 5 has been circling the bargain bins for some time. Kinda glad I didn't buy it now lol. Kinda hilarious that it's out on the Vita next month at full price. Either it's marketing by Sony to try and get people to buy the other version or they are just competing with themselves. MGS on the Vita is great tho. I got the 3DS version of 3 still sealed so I'm hoping there'll be an option to just download 2 (is 1 on there aswell?)
Goose_1's avatar
Why not try ME 2 then. It's cheap and you will realise its a great series
Goose_1 4 years ago
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
Nothing really eye opening for me there, hopefully everyone else is pleased :)
Goose_1's avatar
Goose_1 4 years ago
I have Mass Effect 3 and Mortal Kombat. Would just like something such as this on Xbox. When the games are taken off PSPlus can you still play them if you downloaded them?
Allan 4 years ago
I kinda want to sign up for PS+, but my PS3 doesn't get used (like, ever), so I feel like it'd go to waste. But at the same time, maybe it'd make me more likely to use the PS3 more often. Will wait a few months anyway, as I've got tonnes of preorders to pay for in the near future, don't want to add a subscription to the mix.