XboxEvent domain registered by same company which organised E3 presentations for Microsoft

##@image@##

Further proof that the next Xbox may be announced soon has emerged in the form of a new domain registration.

As found by NeoGaf, XboxEvent.com has been registered by the same company which organises Microsoft's E3 presentations, as you can see by the press invite and domain register below.

In addition, a new hosting summit has also been set up by Microsoft for March time, although we aren't sure if this is linked it is against hosted by the site company that registered the domain.

Rumours this morning suggested that Microsoft was getting ready to unveil its new console this April, following Sony showing off it's new console earlier this week.

Could these rumours about to be coming true?

Edited On 22 Feb, 2013

Comments
Rachael 4 years ago
lets hope so microsoft cant jus sit about with all of this amazing sony news floating about. then again if they rushed out it would give out the message that they were afraid of what sony have brought out.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
The quicker they rush it out, the more it looks like Sony has rattled their cage. People have months before they see alot more from Sony, and so Microsoft have time to go at them. They have to play this well, or it could hit them where it hurts.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
quietly confident, im going to go with that anyway :)
Rachael 4 years ago
Shoxy85's avatar
Sony have just launched the invisible PS4 though. If Microsoft top that then I will be impressed!
Shoxy85 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
give me something good microsoft, im tempted to betray you for sony for the first time since i owned a ps2. give me a reason to stay loyal i reallly want to
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
That's only one generation.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
still 7/8 years
0000000000 4 years ago
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
Im Sure they will have some good stuff to announce as well, reckon we will see a new Forza, Fable and that gladiator kinect style game they announced a few years ago. Dont think there will be a new Gears of War or Halo as they have only recently come out. Would be nice to see some new IP as well.
Aminu 4 years ago
Sony were being smart. Unveiling PS4 before an official reveal, putting it into peoples minds. If Microsoft had waited till E3 to show nextbox, by then people would not be so astounded as they had already seen something similar. Sony realised they had to go first, the other would always be seen as a copycat.
Goose_1's avatar
Goose_1 4 years ago
I think they are timing it perfectly let Sony have there moment then in April show what the new Xbox can do. Then it's Sony who are playing catch up especially if the Xbox has many perks
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I think once Xbox have their show in April it will be all even until E3, That's when most of the Neutrals decisions will be on what console they will be getting next.
Goose_1's avatar
Goose_1 4 years ago
But what if Microsoft release loads of new features which Sony currently do not have? I see that advantage Xbox.
Unknown_1's avatar
Unknown_1 4 years ago
Microsoft...MY BODY IS READY!!! So come at me bro with your Nextbox level.
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 4 years ago
Excellent, this is what I have been waiting for! Come on Microsoft, show me what you've got!
Goose_1's avatar
Goose_1 4 years ago
There will be some exciting exclusives too I'm sure!
robioto's avatar
Hopefully a bit more than Halo, Gears and Forza. The 360 has been severely lacking in varied exclusives in the last few years. I hope we see an Alan Wake game and hopefully RARE will actually do something decent. I think this is doubtful though.
robioto 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Goose i hope you are right, but at the moment i really can't see it. Unless they are brand new IP's. Halo 4 has just recently come out and the next Gears is just around the corner.
Kizzy's avatar
Kizzy 4 years ago
Come at me Xbox, Come at me!
Goose_1's avatar
Goose_1 4 years ago
Doesn't mean they haven't been working on next gen editions. The advantage us Xbox owners have on current gen is titles are built for the Xbox then ported to Sony as they have such an awkward system to program for. Cannot see this changing thankfully even if Sony have sorted those issues
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
You are going to be disappointed.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
robioto's avatar
The PS4 is basically a PC (the PS3 wasn't), the same as what the new Xbox will probably be like, making porting issues from one to the other a much smaller issue next gen.
robioto 4 years ago
Johnathon 4 years ago
Looks to be the new announcement to me, following in Sony's footsteps with another 'event' for their console brand.
Goose_1's avatar
Goose_1 4 years ago
Should be good cannot wait to see what Microsoft have in the locker! Honestly think they have the advantage now!
Rachael 4 years ago
i dont know if they have the advantage, they have shown nothing and playstation have put on a great show..
robioto's avatar
robioto 4 years ago
I think the best thing MS can do is come out and say it will go on sale in September, to beat Sony. This would put them on the market first and would IMO be a great move. Still for this to happen the console needs to be pretty much ready, but I really wouldn't be surprised if MS sprang something huge like this on us to try to nudge ahead of Sony. It's certainly going to be interesting.
Rachael 4 years ago
i hope that you are right robioto. i would do anything to get my hands on it as early as possible!!
Goose_1's avatar
Goose_1 4 years ago
I think releasing at the same time with slightly higher specs, the ability to play both old Xbox games and cheaper will be the best move taking Sony head on!
robioto's avatar
I agree to an extent. But the main thing the new Xbox needs is more exclusive games that aren't just Gears, Halo and Forza. If you are trying to get current PS3 gamers to switch this is where you will get them.
robioto 4 years ago