NextXbox set for April 26 reveal?

Microsoft could be set to unveil its new console on April 26, if words from CVG's Rob Crossley are anything to go by.

According to the CVG man's source, that's the date that Microsoft has in mind for the reveal of its new console.

We've already seen plenty of rumours over the weekend to suggest this could be the case, what with the XboxEvent domain being registered by the same company which organises Microsoft's E3 events.

Are you excited for the new Xbox?

Edited On 25 Feb, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Cool. Admittedly, I'm not too fussed as to what they bring. I'll get the nextbox at some point, but the PS4 is probably my priority as far as next gen goes. That being said, if they confirm backwards compatibility, it'll hopefully kick Sony into doing the same. Or else Sony may well lose a customer!
Zombieflamingo's avatar
IM the oppostie would probably get the new xbox first unless it all goes wrong with nothing but kinect games
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
I do see them going in a very Kinect based direction. So long as they show some good first party stuff, I'll be interested. (and NOT Gears of War or Forza!) Maybe the new PGR will tempt me back
troublemaker 4 years ago
Johno Muller's avatar
Nothing but Kinect games, have Usher dancing and announce deals with more TV companies and stuff region locked for USA (maybe Canada too). It will be just like any recent xbox conference. BUT if they have some focus on the gamer could be interesting.
Johno Muller 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Can see the Xbox going very Kinect heavy too, i hope not as i hate Kinect, But this is Microsoft we are talking about.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i cant wait.. i find out if im having a boy or a girl the same day :D BONUS!! what am i more excited about :O lol
HAHA!! :')
Jahlemn 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
lol. A good day for you then mate.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
best day of the year so far :D
0000000000 4 years ago
Allan 4 years ago
I'm really looking forward to this. I'll probably get both next-gen consoles, from Microsoft and Sony, as long as I can afford to. Xbox will be my first choice though, so am very excited to see what they have to offer :)
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Due to the issues the early renditions of both PS3 and 360, I might wait to see what the problems are from the neckbeards that play the first 120 hours straight and break the console. should be some decent bundle editions by then too.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Happy that they are going to be doing a reveal before E3, But was hoping that it was going to be a date earlier in April :( oh well.
0000000000's avatar
me too! was hoping in the next 4 weeks.. but the longer we wait the longer they have to make it look better.. im already sticking with the xbox i think!
0000000000 4 years ago
Johno Muller's avatar
This way they can keep the hype train going nicely with 'subtle' teasers up to E3, like Sony are doing with PS4 and GDC. I think MS might have pushed back a few weeks to make it seem like they aren't rushing out because Sony rustled their feathers.
Johno Muller 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Yeh i think they are giving it the quietly confident approach. I don't know Kiki, The PS4 looks incredible, but I have always been an Xbox man. Guess I'll find out April 27th. If I can will more than likely get both.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
i would like to get both and id be lying to say ps4 hasnt impressed me because it has BUT i think microsft will have a lot of tricks up their sleeve and i think they will top sony!
0000000000 4 years ago
Rachael 4 years ago
ooooo going to be a very good day. i hope we are not all going to be dissapointed tho, is so we will all have to invest in a PS4 as that looks great.
Rachael 4 years ago
i am jus looking forward to it having a name so we can all stop calling it the next xbox
LFC Bywater's avatar
Will be nice to have something official. Just hope they don't call it the 720.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
i liked the idea of it just being called... xbox...
0000000000 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
oh god no! Like Ipad! not numbered or any difference in name between models! How complicated will it be to buy games after a couple of iterations of that. Shopto will need an "XBOX - Gen1" tab, then a Gen 2 and Gen 3. oh god that sounds terrible!
troublemaker 4 years ago
Johno Muller's avatar
Xbox 360 two
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Cathe's avatar
Cathe 4 years ago
Ah crap. If this is true and this is the date Microsoft have their event, I hope it is either at the same time as the Sony event (11pm England Time) or maybe even a little later. If it's any earlier I won't be able to stream it. Got a gig that night. Boooo.
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
Oh, oh! I do hope they give it a manly name like the Xbox Rocket-Power 87-20. I'd totally pay the extra £20 it would cost to print the name on the front of each one.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Hmm, they've got a tough act to follow after last week, so I hope some of those new IPs they've been developing are ready for display for this, as just more Halo and Fable alone probably won't cut it this time... and lets face it, you know most of this presentation won't be about games, but that's the only part I care about to be honest.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
It would be great to see the 'NextXbox' before E3. I just hope they don't spend nearly all the time talking about the successor to the kinect. Would be nice to see some new exclusive IP's from Microsoft. Halo 4 was only released a few months ago and the next Gears of War game is out in march, So both are highly unlikely to be launch games if the 'NextXbox' is to be realised this year.
PrometheusFan's avatar
You will absolutely see the console announced before E3, but a heavy Kinect focus is unavoidable. Microsoft are much too far down the path of the "media hub" that plays games to take it back to where they were at the launch of the 360, and Kinect is what they believe will give them their big casual boost in the living room space. Might be good for their market share, won't be so good for the rest of us if that stuff proves popular.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Spear 25's avatar
I agree with you Kevin. I think I am being too optimistic in hoping to see less kinect and more games. Would like to see 1 new exclusive IP from Microsoft though.
Spear 25 4 years ago
Rachael 4 years ago
if what Larry hyrb has said in an interview we will be seeing what the next xbox looks like at its reveal. he criticised sony for not showing it which is bit of a strange move.
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
i hate kinect as well pointless for hardcore games why would i wana buy kinect it is a waste of time and money why don't you make some new ips that is what we need
Rachael 4 years ago
i agree the kinect is terrible. i would rather play my wii than kinect. my xbox is for actual games and my wii is for family fun games. kinect is way too gimmicky for me.
Rubix78's avatar
Rubix78 4 years ago
Nice picture, I hope they don't call it the Xbox 720 As long as they stay away from Kinect and Social Media and maybe show us their console I will be happy. Unfortunately I think Social Media will be the move forward
Rubix78's avatar
Rubix78 4 years ago
P.S. I would like this one to last unlike the current Xbox which I am now on my 5th 360