Soul Sacrifice gets new boss battle trailer

Sony has released some new gamplay footage for Soul Sacrifice as the game gets set to release in Japan.

The publisher is hoping that this title will sell big and therefore help turnaround the fortunes of the ailing PS Vita. Combined with the recent price cut it may just do the trick.

Soul Sacrifice, which has been developed by Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune, amongst others, will release in North America on April 30 and Europe on May 1st for PS Vita.

We think this game looks fantastic. You can pre-order your copy below.

Edited On 25 Feb, 2013

Comments
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
Love how some of the enemies in this are massive. Hope a demo comes out before release,
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
The vita really needs a good looking RPG and this seems like it could be that game. would gladly get in trouble at work to play in the office
Datastatic's avatar
Whats wrong with Persona? Thats like totes amazeballs as the kids are saying.
Datastatic 4 years ago
Johno Muller's avatar
It's an art style preference, and if I hear my kids say 'amazeballs' they will receive a swift rap across the knuckles
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Gummy's avatar
Gummy 4 years ago
Is that a special edition we don't get in the icon? Pff. Anyways, can't wait for this game. It's nice to see something come along that may well help the Vita out, it's a nice bit of kit and deserves to be selling better.
Allan 4 years ago
Wish that special edition Vita was for the UK. Would probably give me a kick up the bum to buy one (kept putting it off since launch, will get one eventually).
Gummy's avatar
Same. Can't even find another online retailer who will even let you pre-order it though, maybe it isn't expected to do well here.
Gummy 4 years ago
Really liking the look of this, especially since I recently had my first taste of Monster Hunter. The memory card thing is really holding me back from getting a Vita though, but I may be able to overlook it if the PS4 connectivity is exceptional.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
With you on this one Gloria, the memory card issue is very offputting
robioto's avatar
Yeah, £210 for the 3G version isn't bad but as soon as you factor in the £75 for a 32GB memory card, or £40 for a 16GB it starts getting expensive. I would want at least 16GB.
robioto 4 years ago
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I don't think the memory card is that much of a problem, I bought my Vita with an 8gb card I have 2 games loaded to it Gravity Rush and Uncharted and I have Wipeout in the game slot which has me covered for all purposes.
And how much did that 8GB memory card cost you? And then compare it to me having about 30 games on an SD card that only costs me a few quid on my 3DS.
Johno Muller's avatar
My 8gb card came with the Vita, I could have been more clear. Uncharted will be coming off next week probably once I finished it.
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I thought the Vita came with a 4GB card, not 8.
Johno Muller's avatar
Depends on when or where you buy it, I found a WiFi Vita for 175 with 8gb card and FIFA not long after launch
Johno Muller 4 years ago
JMeeks1875's avatar
JMeeks1875 4 years ago
Having bought my Vita last year I've been very disappointed with the little release news in the shape of games we've had. They should have dropped the price months ago yet it still remains overpriced with only Asia looking at the price drop anytime soon. It's ok to say they're going to do this & that during the PS4 announcement convention but actually doing it is another thing.
Johno Muller's avatar
I agree the Vita is not for everyone, a lot of games are catered for the commute and not ideal for replacing console equivalent titles. but as a PS+ sub the library becomes a bit more accessible with the few overpriced games being free like Uncharted which although fun is not the same a full PS3 version.
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I thought that was the whole point of a handheld, having games for on the go, not full console games, there are consoles for that.
Johno Muller's avatar
Most full sized games can be played on the go now, with missions taking less than an hour to complete or even a campaign that only takes 4-6 hours, a couple of races here or there on Wipeout or NFS or a few matches on an EASports title.
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
The thing is since you got the Vita and Memory Card (and you'll want a bit with downloads) your looking at £300 and you may as well as get a home console for that sort of money.
alan james 4 years ago
Looks good.
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
this game looks really good guys these are the games the vita needs we just need more of them but this does look epic