Crysis 3 takes top spot in this weeks charts

Crysis 3 has took the top spot in this week's latest charts, knocking last week's number one, Aliens: Colonial Marines out of sight into fifth spot.

It's also good to see the pretty stunning Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance land at number two, while usual suspects FIFA 13 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 help make up the top five.

Elsewhere Dead Space 3, Far Cry 3, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Assassin's Creed III and Hitman Absolution make up the top ten.

Plenty to talk about then. Here's the charts.

Top 40 Entertainment Software (All Prices), Week Ending 23 February 2013

40. THE SIMS 3: SEASONS - ELECTRONIC ARTS

Ukie Games Charts, compiled by GfK Chart-Track

Edited On 25 Feb, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
very predictable chart if im honest!
Surprised Aliens is still hanging in there, thought word would have gotten around by now.
LFC Bywater's avatar
Maybe people are still buying it without seeing the reviews? i'm still interested in getting it. Especially at the £26 Shopto are selling it at now.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Unknown_1's avatar
I know. Aliens is pretty much in there with its ridiculously high marketing budget. Sega went all out on this one. I was in Euston and the entire escalator area had been redesigned with with an Aliens there. I don't think I've ever seen any publisher go all out like that with marketing like that. On the other hand Crysis 3 deserves it. Good game.
Unknown_1 4 years ago
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
With an ad campaign like that you can expect it to sell, I was going to get it at some point but I ended up getting it day 1 just because ZZ Top
Allan 4 years ago
Haven't played this yet. Didn't have any spare money to order it, but tbh, I haven't even tried the demo yet, so it's no big deal. Might give it a go later, actually.
John 4 years ago
As if we couldn't see that coming. I mean for god sake that mess of a game Aliens was number one? I wouldn't be surprised if a Barbie game gets the number one spot soon. Anyway I haven't player any of the other Crysis games, but I'm tempted to get this, maybe when its cheaper or something.
Unknown_1's avatar
Brand name can get you a long way as unfortunate as that may be. Aliens is a pretty popular franchise.
Unknown_1 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Fifa 13 is still up there! I think it will still be up there after my mighty Royals (Reading FC if anyones wondering) get relegated (very likely to happen now). Good news is Crysis reached number one. I got to be honest, it did not take my fancy, however looking at the lush environments in the review topic I have changed my mind. Will probably rent before I buy that one. Wait until God of War and Aimee Kearsley and the Temple of Doom (Tomb Raider - I just refuse to call it that) come out!
LFC Bywater's avatar
Hope that Reading don't go down bud. Would rather Villa, QPR and Newcastle go down. ( sorry to any Villa or QPR fans :P )
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
QPR and Wigan are the teams you want down. And then just have to hope somehow fall in to that last spot ;)
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
feel sorry for me im a wolves fan.. looking like 2 relegations in a row!
0000000000 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I want Newcastle down too, just not sorry for that lol. I think wolves will be safe. They have the players to push for playoffs in my opinion, there is just something not quite right. Ask Joe what multiple relegation feels like... :P (Sorry Joe couldn't help it :D)
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
I hope you guys are right, but I'm not so sure. We have Everton next which is a really difficult match. But the good thing is Everton were beaten at the weekend, and therefore confidence may be low. Kiki I reckon Wolves will be OK, they showed against Cardiff yesterday that they are good enough for that division at least, and with only a few more signings could make a push for the playoffs next season. Although I am very confident if we go down, due to the fact we arent in a position where we need to sell and there will be another substantial budget of winning the league again.
Beazi 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Everton will do Oldham tonight, then Reading at the weekend. Won't let themselves get pushed out of a European fight. I would prefer Stoke to go out of hte Premiership, would make my year, dirty club. And I think Wolves are done for, Saunders was the wrong appointment, Bristol City are in resurgance. You just have to be happy Blackpool, Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday are terrible teams too, so you may claw your way out.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Zealotus's avatar
Zealotus 4 years ago
I'm not that surprised, Crysis 3, a slick FPS has taken top spot. It's been a while since the other FPS games in the chart have been out so people are looking for something fresh with good multiplayer. Well deserved though, the game looks pretty sweet. It's good to see MGR up top as well, the game looks pretty fantastic. Just goes to show Platinum Games know their way around hack n slash game development. Should be cool to see where they go with Bayonetta 2. I am surprised Aliens: Colonial Marines is still hanging around in the top ten. I'd be interested to see how many trade-ins their have been so far.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I'm in for a treat then :) Halo is sitting at 14th now, quite surprising for a halo game to fall that much but i suppose it is only on one platform. Everything else looks about right.
J-D's avatar
J-D 4 years ago
p4g at 32??? call the cops
Rachael 4 years ago
i am happy that dead space 3 is still doing well mixing it up near the top. very very surprised that need for speed is tho, i thought that would have got stale for most by now.
Damian James 4 years ago
What a game, never played 1 or 2 but think i'll be going back to get them. Once again shopto first class service.
LFC Bywater's avatar
Can get the 2nd from here for £9.85. Worth that easily.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
That's debatable ;)
LFC Bywater's avatar
lol true. I took enjoyment from it anyway.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
dazsuvo's avatar
dazsuvo 4 years ago
Crysis 3 is a good choice for the current No.1 spot in the charts but it better not get to cosy because Lara is on her way to take it off top spot in the coming weeks. Both graphically very good games, with the addition of mutliplayer but for me Tomb Raider looks the winner hands down... watch this space.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Interesting. Out of the two, i wouldn't have wanted to bet on which game would take the top spot. Both seemed worthy, with big franchise names behind them. Looking forward to playing them both
You may feel differently after the last boss on MGRR.
troublemaker's avatar
Is it that bad?
troublemaker 4 years ago
is it a rubbish boss/ending? or just very hard i have heard that the boss battles can be very frustrating.
Rachael 4 years ago
It's not particularly hard, but it's like half an hour of tedious cut scenes to a few minutes of actual gameplay.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
I've done Case 003, and so far the bosses have been fine, aslong as you know how to parry. They help you out with health. Monsoon been my favourite fight so far mind.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
J-D's avatar
2h 40mins of gameplay, also gloria is correct about the last boss, song that played was pretty damn awesome tho
J-D 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Lara will definately make Number 1, sure of it especially with the low cost of this game. Its all getting very clogged up now with new releases isnt it.
Rachael 4 years ago
i too can also see tomb raider doing very well. i am looking forward to getting it anyway.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I have it pre-ordered, along with God of War Ascension. Cant wait. I wonder if they will be sent out on the Friday as the game is released on the Tuesday.
JMeeks1875's avatar
JMeeks1875 4 years ago
New games with big reputations quite commonly go straight to the top of the chart regardless of the games actual performance. I'm hearing the PC version is horribly resource hungry which again is common for Crysis titles.
Lavindathar's avatar
Lavindathar 4 years ago
Im enjoying Crysis3 at the moment! I loved the multiplayer on it too! Still not tried Aliens yet, got it sat unopened but I was away last week so didnt get a chance. Glad to see C3 at the top.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I have to give this a go, just spoke to a friend who got it this weekend and he says its fantastic like Metal Gear Solid meets Call of Duty. Then I'll tackle the second one!
Unknown_1's avatar
Unknown_1 4 years ago
Very impressed with Crysis 3 myself. Having played all three in some fashion, you can definitely tell they haven't just improved the graphics, but the gameplay as well. The first game on PC looks simply amazing even to this day, but the actual gameplay was just so meh. Fast forward to three and you can really see how much they have improved the scope of the game. Good work Crytek. They are going to become top console devs next gen if you ask me.
Rachael 4 years ago
metal gear is sat nicely at 2nd above call of duty and fifa :) maybe soon we can see call of duty out of the top 5? i can hope right?
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Dunno what to say. MGR looks brilliant. Crysis not so much. No Ni No Kuni again. Guess that was a one week wonder lol. Nothing from Wii U again. No doubt it'll have gone down in sales. Persona 4 is disappointing, it's a decent game and should be in top 10. No doubt it'll not even place next week. Sad considering it's the only big name on the Vita for the next few month. Where did Super Scribblenauts come from? At first I thought it was Unlimited and wondered how people were getting it. But then noticed it was the old one. Seems kinda random lol
PrometheusFan's avatar
Ni No Kuni was in the charts for three weeks straight. This is it's first week out actually. Worth noting it's still seeing supply issues across the board as well. Similar situation with Persona 4. Very few places stocking it... no advertising... the UK release never had a chance, especially coming as late after the US release as it is. I'm amazed it even made the top 40 at all.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Didn't see it last week at all lol. And I guess that the North East have the country's shipments in. Cus each store up here has had plenty the past few weeks. Persona I noticed wasn't stocked. Most said they didn't get many in or just denied that it had been released. (Game.)
Robichoico 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Super Scribblenauts is on HotUkDeals alot lately, with prices ranging from £3-£6. I picked it up the other week for £3, thought I'd see the fascination with it.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
shiny miller's avatar
shiny miller 4 years ago
I'm just surprised to see Medal of Honour in there!
alan james 4 years ago
alan james 4 years ago
alan james 4 years ago
Far cry 3 should be in deadspace 3 place but thats my opinion part from that list is spot on..crysis 3 looking brilliant, no demo available yet so its a bigger n better wait to play the game with no teasers or spoilers. i agree medal of honour give me a surprise too haha
knockton's avatar
knockton 4 years ago
I'm happy to see that rising is doing well it deserves to it is a really good metal gear game not the normal type but its a change from all the sneaking around and it is putting me on till ground zeros
James26's avatar
James26 4 years ago
Pretty predictable. Would anyone recommend Crysis 3 for a single player campaign play-through? I don't play/buy games for online multi-player any more. Spent far too much of my life playing Cod 4 a few years ago and prefer to just kick back and enjoy some singe player action now.