Yoshida: All 1st Party studios working on PS4 games

Good news, but kind of obvious. Sony has revealed that every one of its studios is working on PS4 games.

The ever busy President of Sony's Worldwide Studios, Shuhei Yoshida revealed the news to IGN when probed with the question, "Is it fair to say that all of the first party studios are working on PS4 games?"

"It is fair to say," was Yoshida's response.

Currently the only games revealed from 1st party studios are those of Sucker Punch, Guerrilla Games, Sony Japan and Evolution Studios, leaving at least another nine games unaccounted for, so what could they be?

Well given that Team Ico are a Sony studio (albeit as part of Sony Japan), but does this mean that The Last Guardian is a PS4 game? Possibly. Also Polyphony is also one of those studios. Gran Turismo 6?

Then there are other studios such as Naughty Dog and of course the simply amazing Sony Santa Monica. While Sony Bend must also be considered.

There is certainly the possibility of one or two new IP's with all these studios involved. We can't wait to see what they come up with.

Edited On 26 Feb, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
A statement that didn't need to be made. And my first reaction, I gotta admit, was "I don't care, you closed Studio Liverpool, no Wipeout PS4" then "No MAG or decent SOCOM because you closed Zipper!" A lot of great devs though. Interested to see if Naughty Dog's first team come out with Uncharted 4, or something new. it's going to be an interesting few months
0000000000's avatar
socom II made me fall in love with online shooters and my MASSIVE network adaptor attached to my huge ps2.. memories!
0000000000 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
Yep, SOCOM 2 and SSX made me buy that humungous adapter. Man do I feel old!
troublemaker 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
i am old :( lol
0000000000 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
I'd kill for a more thought out MAG. I loved that game.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
I thought MAG was spectacular. I don't usually gravitate to online FPS, but I loved MAG. When you could get a game!
troublemaker 4 years ago
I have had MAG for a while but have never played it. Are the servers still up?
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
No idea. I had the Steelbook one and it's been lost when I moved out. It was fantastic at the time when it first came out. I usually just stuck to the 1 side versus 1 side, when it was 14 v 14. The further the game went up, my team, Valor, were incredibly under-powered to overcome anything.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I might side the game into the PS3 tonight if anyone here still plays it add SaiyanNox on PS3
troublemaker's avatar
i tell you what. If you find any decent populated servers, add me TroubleMaker411 and I'll happily join you for a game!
troublemaker 4 years ago
OK i'll have a look tonight
John 4 years ago
Come ooon Team Ico, don't let this game fall into development hell (or is it already in it?). Anyway yeah this is obvious, I'd be worried if all the first party studios weren't working on something, there's a new system coming out after like an 8 year gap for god sake lol.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
Personally I hope Naughty Dog are working on Uncharted 4 because I've really enjoyed the previous games. Not just for game play but the graphics are great too. But having said that would be nice to see some new IP's from other studios.
James26's avatar
James26 4 years ago
Hardly surprising really! I hope that there is a mix bag of titles from 1st party developers...some that are another in the series (e.g. Uncharted 4/Gran Turismo 6/LBP 3) and others that are new IP's all together!
Coolsambob's avatar
Coolsambob 4 years ago
Hope they pull out some decent new IPs, not overly in to a lot of their first party studio games
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
New IPs are a must, I don't want Uncharted 12 and GT 32
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I hope it doesnt mean discontinuation of work on PS3 games. Can see the PS3 getting clogged up with games such as Mary Kate & Ashley from years ago zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
troublemaker's avatar
What's your problem with Mary-kate and Ashley? awesome game! with a whole 3.7 meta score! that's unbeatable!
troublemaker 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
LoL hope your joking mate! Or how about Fight Creator. Thought I was gonna be able to create Tekken but it was Closer to Pit Fighter!