God of War: Ascension demo arrives tomorrow. Single player trailer arrives now.

God of War: Ascension is looking absolutely immense, but don't take our word for it, check out the new single player trailer which was released by Sony today.

As you can see from the trailer below, it's full of action, awesome graphics and some simply sublime moments, much like any God of War game should be.

If the trailer is anything to go by then this game is going to be epic. Although we'll all find out soon enough, because a demo arrives tomorrow.

You can pre-order your copy of God of War: Ascension below.

Edited On 26 Feb, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
looks beautiful visually stunning! BUT i dont think its going to offer anything else that other games this genre already offer.. i hope im wrong i used to love god of war!
bigsin17's avatar
god of war is its own genre dude...every other game is described as "god of war type of game" love dis ish!!!
bigsin17 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
God of War made these type of Hack n Slash games popular. This will hopefully continue the trend. A good story will have me sold.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Already preordered this game. God of War 3 was immense as was the other four. As someone who has completed all of these games, I cannot wait for another great installment. Out of interest which side is everyone going to fight on behalf of. I am going to go Zeus although I may be pursuaded by the darkside of Hades
bigsin17's avatar
im soooo confused as to who to fight for dude!!! my opt for poseidon.... have a feeling the 5th god is kratos... what u think
bigsin17 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Poseidon is the mother fudging boss. That's who.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Looks like a pretty decent trailer for a decent game. Have never played a God of War game before but If they release ones for the PS4 then i will definately invest in one.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
You'd be best catching up on storylines on Wikipedia, then jumping in to a new one as they're quite good but a bit farfetched.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
alan james 4 years ago
"shame ps have this and not xbox i love these games"
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
Pre-order the CE and get Mythical Hereos DLC and a GoW T-shirt (Will most likely end in a Frame)
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
I likes me a bit of Kratos. A bit of a guilty pleasure but I have completed them all apart from the 1st one (got stuck on a stupid box puzzle near the end and gave up) got high hopes for this one.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I know the part you have mentioned there. God of War was extremely difficult towards the end but remember 2005 was part of the era where games were incredibly difficult. Anyone whose played Zone of the Enders and said "god that was easy" is lying to themselves. The boss battle with Ares had me stumped for two whole weeks!
Datastatic's avatar
I dont mind a game that's difficult but I cant stand it when its ok then it gets real hard for a level or so then gets easier again. The box thing was more annoying because of the control system. I will go back to it one day and beat it though, I still have my save file.
Datastatic 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
If I am right in where you are talking about (the timed box puzzle and the spiked floor?) then in the hd collection it's actually possible to double jump it without using the box, I read that the timer was shortened in the hd remake version, not sure why
troublemaker 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
Thats the part? You can double jump? They did seem to shorten it so it has to be precise.
Datastatic 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Yes it's a complete pain in the arse! I died multiple times and got the cheeky "do you wish to switch to easy" option. After much effing and blinding I managed to do it!
Beazi 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
I would have to go back and do it again to tell you exactly how. But it kicked by ass multiple times. the timer had definitely been shortened from the PS2 release, God (of war) only knows why. But after some rage, some google searches and a few tries, I mnaged to hop up without the box.
troublemaker 4 years ago
Rubix78's avatar
Rubix78 4 years ago
**Hovers pointer over pre order** Must Resist! Must Resist!
Beazi's avatar
Do it!
Beazi 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I like me some god of war, but I'm holding off for reviews. The story for god of war has gotten progressively worse and just annoys me to be honest. I want to play, but I played a demo last year that wasn't mind blowing and the multiplayer I thought was complete rubbish. Roll on reviews
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I guess your like me where you hate using guides! The maze was genius though! I however never found the Nyad or the water fountain with gives loads of orbs. The fountain I understand is exceptionally hard to find!
Datastatic's avatar
I do use guides but only when i have played a game blind and finished it or when I am REALLY stuck.
Datastatic 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Troublemaker I really hope you had a first release demo as I would be so dissapointed if it turned put to be rubbish! God of War doesn't do rubbish! The multiplayer only worried me as was concerned they would focus on it more than single player modes!
troublemaker's avatar
I played a demo at Eurogamer last year. It was the same "by the seafront" type area that they previewed at, I wanna say, E3 last year. That ended with the elephant thing fight. Don't get me wrong, it was absolutely God of War, but for me, I'm a story loving kinda guy and the story for God of War has progressively gotten stupider. I'm a fan. I love the artwork, and the mythology, but I'm finding it difficult to sympathise with the Kratos character when he is just such a mong!
troublemaker 4 years ago
lbs's avatar
lbs 4 years ago
Series needs to move away from Kratos... terrible character....
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Explain... Can't see it somehow he's got so much history although I did reckon a move from Greek Mythology to Egyptian or Aztec mythology would be good. Imagine running from a load of angry Mayans
MICHAEL 4 years ago
I played a demo at Eurogamer and the same demo was given away with the Total Recall blu-ray that came out in December, I presume the demo coming out tomorrow is the same, which is a shame as they should really make a longer demo that shows off the game better. I love GOW but the serious has had too many prequels imo, I guess we will see GOW4 on the PS3. I will still be getting the game, but it might struggle to match up with the epic scale of GOW3. I've got both the normal and special editions pre-ordered. I can't decide which to get.
The Auracle's avatar
The Auracle 4 years ago
I admit, I had my reservations Ascension, especially about the multiplayer addition but after playing in the Beta and seeing what I saw at Eurogamer, I'm fired up. Give me all of this game. I'm ready for it.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 4 years ago
Does anyone know what time the demo with be up for download? It could be there now but I can't check at the moment.
troublemaker's avatar
It'll go up with the store update, usually 4-5pm on a Wednesday. Americans have it already if you have a US account
troublemaker 4 years ago
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 4 years ago
@ Troublemaker .... Many thanks!
troublemaker's avatar
Anytime
troublemaker 4 years ago
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
Wow yet another GoW announcement.............eurgh!!! cough!!! hmmph!!! thats the gaming populous choking on yet another dull GoW announcement this looks like its goin the way of Allstars something sony just hype hype hype and fail to deliver on......hey I hope im wrong.Wont be getting this I was bored of this game 4 months ago now words fail me as to how dull and uninspireing this game looks to me now.........