New PS All Stars DLC revealed

Sony's revealed that PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale's next batch of DLC consists of Dead Space's Isaac Clarke and God of War's Zeus.

According to IGN, the DLC is due in March and as well as adding Isaac and Zeus, will also add stages based on MediEvil and The Unfinished Swan.

Here's an IGN video showing the characters in action.

You can order PS All Stars below if you are yet to pick it up.

Edited On 27 Feb, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Excellent. The complete/GOTY edition is looking more and more promising!
PrometheusFan's avatar
Might not want to count on that coming out. This didn't do nearly well enough at retail for Sony to risk a second retail SKU of it that'll likely sell even less. A digital complete edition is a safe bet at some point, but not a disc based one at this point.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
this is another game im sadly missing out on :( damn job not paying me enough to run 2 consoles and a family! Lol
troublemaker's avatar
it's fun, but gets old quite quick. I'll be picking up the eventual complete edition that'll be cheaper.
troublemaker 4 years ago
I'll be waiting for a complete edition
The Auracle's avatar
The Auracle 4 years ago
Not sure if I should buy into PAS:BR now or wait for the complete edition. I mean... it's about £20 now and there's no guarantee that the complete edition will even come about and if it does, will it be as cheap as it is now? To be or not to be patient? That is the question.
John 4 years ago
I didn't really like what I played of the demo, not sure what the final product is like though, but one thing I'll say is that this game sure has an interesting line up. I'm glad there'll be DLC for it even though I had heard a rumour that Sony had "given up" on this game.
Robichoico's avatar
Not given up. They got rid of the ones who made it and handed it over to Santa Monica for the DLC
Robichoico 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
Isaac is nice. But like Big Daddy, Raiden, Dante etc it's not about Playstation All Stars at all. Probably should have been in at launch instead of Evil Cole. Zeus I laughed at this morning when I read it. Because I thought he was such an obscure choice. But then looked back and realised that he probably is the most recognisable enemy from Sony's recent history. Which is kinda sad. Personally I woulda preferred to have the Old Lady from Uncharted 3. She could have awesome attacks like -Do Nothing- and -Make all my burn to death in a mansion/drown on a boat while trying to kill you- She would be so HAX. But seriously Sony. Look at your history. I understand if you cannot get Crash, Lara or Spyro or Cloud/Tidus/Lightning/insert FF hero here or the other ones that DID big up your history. But surely you can do better than this? Toan from Dark Cloud is there. Journey Guy surely is a shoe in. Sony. You have a great and rich history to pick from. USE THEM instead of the flavour of the week that also appears on the other consoles. Although I could see them doing others like Not-God-Of-War Kratos, Carmalita, (think that was her name.) Sully, Neither Good-Nor-Evil Cole. and a few others from the existing games.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Now that's cool! Wonder if he can chop limbs off with the plasma cutter! Can imagine the Isaac vs Parrapa the Rapper battle!
Rachael 4 years ago
does this play like super smash bros? i LOVED super smash bros so would be a huge bonus if it does and i would look into getting it.
Robichoico's avatar
The only similarity is that it's a fighting game and it's a crossover of 'Sony' franchises. Most people look at the box and just think it's a rip. But it's pretty different. Instead of being able to knock chars off the level you have to do damage to them and can only kill them once you get a special move. It's pretty fun in multiplayer. But it's not a patch on Smash. If you want a decent Smash clone I would suggest importing Jump Ultimate Superstars or One Piece Gigant Battle 2 from Japan. They're pretty much the same gameplay wise.
Robichoico 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I believe so although I never played Super Smash Bros! However big that game was on the Wii I honestly think things have moved on a bit since then and that's why I think this game has struggled. Also remember the age group of the PS3 is significantly bigger than the Wii
Rachael 4 years ago
the last time played it was on the n64 havent played the wii one lol. i dont think it has to do with age, i think the wii is just more of a family console than the ps3. when my family come over on christmas my parents even play the wii.
J-D's avatar
J-D 4 years ago
isaac ok fine by me but zeus? really? i understand maybe you can't get some characters fans are dying for, i can understand that but frigging zeus from god of war? it just feels like they are scraping the bottom of the barrel already and its only the 2nd dlc. hey for the next one, get Um Jammer Lammy and Rosco McQueen, then next get Croc and Bubblegun Kid and then if your really desperate, Queen Zorrscha and Tanner......actually all those sound better now that i think about it.......frigging zeus...waste
Robichoico's avatar
From what I gathered they DID approach Activision or whoever it was to put in Spyro and Crash. They had to ask for a lot of them. I think some assumed it was free advertising. However it seems clear that Activision didn't want anything to do with it (I think they felt it would hurt Skylander's property.) and Square too (so no Cloud, Lara, Lightning whoever)
Robichoico 4 years ago
J-D's avatar
ok spyro i can understand in that way, they would probably gain less from giving them use of spyro due to skylanders doing so well for them anyways so yes i can see that but its different with crash, everyone and i mean everyone wants crash in the game and his name hasn't been relevent in the whole life of this current generation so hes not making you any money right now, if you give sony crash as a character for one game i would think sales of crash games would go up on psn. its win win, both companies would make money and the consumer would love you for it, for god sake this isn't hard, make money and give yourself a good name in the process. then you have lara and lightning which both characters have games coming out soon (tomb raider next week), look, i understand that you maybe unwilling to give them a character, theres red tape or even if you are on bad terms with one another but you are a goddamn company, you wanna make money and make the consumer happy so they will buy from you, you have a very big chance here to do both, WHATS THE PROBLEM? im looking at this from a business point of view and a customer and it seems both parties would be happy with this. this is different to zeus tho because nobody cares if hes in it, its not gonna do anything for either games and you have effectively wasted development time making a character that could have been one that people wanted to buy or showcase a bit of history like Alundra, Rogue Galaxy, G-police, Dark Cloud, Wild Arms, Syphon Filter etc, again, this isn't hard but they are acting like its a mountain to climb.
J-D 4 years ago
Rachael 4 years ago
developers seem to think they can chuck any kind of person that people will be slightly interested in and it will sell.
Robichoico's avatar
Isaac, Raiden and Dante felt like they were die in promotions.
Robichoico 4 years ago
J-D's avatar
thats pretty much what they are
J-D 4 years ago