Gears of War: Judgement season pass announced

Epic Games has announced that Gears of War: Judgement will be getting a 'VIP Season Pass'.

The VIP Season Pass for 'Judgment' will be available at launch for 1600 Microsoft points, providing players with a more than 20 percent discount on six multiplayer maps, two new modes and nine exclusive unlocks.

The VIP Season Pass will also allow you to score a permanent double XP boost as well as a cache of exclusive armor and weapon skins. Finally it'll also grant you early access to all Game Add-on multiplayer maps.

Here's what you get in full:

- Two upcoming Game Add-on Packs that include six multiplayer maps, two new modes, and new weapon and armor skins.
- Early access to Game Add-on multiplayer maps so you can be the first to play.
- A permanent double XP boost to accelerate your ascent through the ranks.
- Five exclusive weapon skins and four exclusive armor skins.

You can pre-order Gears of War: Judgement below.

Edited On 27 Feb, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I expected better from People Can Fly! Not so much from Epic though! A permanent XP boost is pretty reprehensible in my opinion. Assuming there are unlocks tied to rank, that is essentially a pay to win scenario. I can't believe it!
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
more games coming with season passes than without these days lol... but i cant say im surprised by this news... quite obvious!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
nobody likes pay to win! well apart from those who can readily afford to fork out these stupid sums of money. i will not be bothering with this
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
Wow this is probably one of the worst uses of season passes I have seen. 1 why is there 2 new modes coming out as DLC why arent they in the game? 2 Double XP is a joke there will be achievements and unlocks attached to it so seems pretty cheap trick to pull. I loved the gears series but I am slowly going off this game which is sad to see.
0000000000's avatar
1st gears game im not buying on release day! im in the same boat
0000000000 4 years ago
Bindiana's avatar
I think may wait till its reduced a bit will have to see if my friends are getting it as well as we usually do the campaign together. We did insane on Gears 3 which was fun until the last boss which was a nightmare.
Bindiana 4 years ago
The Auracle's avatar
The Auracle 4 years ago
I've nothing against Gears as a series. I just don't feel compelled to grab Judgement until about six months down the line. Gears 3 was the final instalment and I don't really feel the need to go back to the beginning as the novels already give you that kind of insight. In the future, I'd be happy to pick it up on the cheap. Just not now. The passion isn't that high for me any more.
0000000000's avatar
same
0000000000 4 years ago
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
I have this pre ordered i saw the trailer for the multiplayer and it looked fun.
LFC Bywater's avatar
To me it looks very very similar to the other years games, which are all good fun so I'm preordering It too. Going to get the special edition.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
yoda soldier's avatar
Yeah im getting one in a tin just because :) add my on xbox if you want mate gt is yodasoldier.
yoda soldier 4 years ago
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 4 years ago
The permanent XP boost is a bad choice in my view. Basically, if you can't fork out, you have to work twice as hard to level up. Seems like a rather cynical thing to add.
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
What about the frequent double, triple and even 4x weekends that GoW do? Will season pass players get double on top? If not you can bet that they will whine about it thinking that they are entitled to getting more xp than everyone else.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I'm more than happy to get the season pass because I would have been getting the maps anyway, but I really don't like the constant double XP. maybe double XP on weekends would have been a better idea
Rachael 4 years ago
i like the fact that we get gears of war 1 with our purchase of this game too cant beat going back to the originals. especially when its free!!
Bindiana's avatar
Its a nice bonus but I remember trying to play gears of War 2 after playing the Gears 3 Beta and couldnt get over how bad gears 2 multiplayer was compared to Gears 3 probably be a little intensified going back to Gears 1.
Bindiana 4 years ago
Unknown_1's avatar
Unknown_1 4 years ago
Seriously. RELEASE for friggin games first before you announce DLC for it. Its just ridiculous.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
This is the way things are going surely they could of included this in the game if its already pre-announced. To get a games full experience nowadays you need to spend good part of £80!
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
Your right beazi i really think it will get even worse next gen im sad to say. And i will not be buying games as freely as i do now.