Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag outed

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag sounds like it'll make a good name for the next in series don't you think? Well good, because that's its name.

Leaked artwork posted by Kotaku shows the name, along with a new hooded assassin taking on the enemy at sea.

The Assassin's name is Edward Kenway, a privateer, assassin and occasional pirate.

Leaked artwork was sent the way of Kotaku and shows a detailed map of the Caribbean on its reverse.

Ubisoft are holding a press event tomorrow at which point they'll no doubt give further details to journalists and anyone else attending. The embargo is then up on March 4 at 5pm, so expect a whole load of details to hit then.

Edited On 27 Feb, 2013

Comments
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Yeah....I don't really think I'll like this setting...
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
That picture looks like whoever the assassin is in the picture is doing a can can dance. Maybe a just dance Assassins creed crossover?
Hymeleon's avatar
Yeah, better with Kinect! LOL
Hymeleon 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I loved the naval missions in AC3, but a full game based around them could get pretty tired. I am finding it hard to get excited for this series now. The yearly iteration model is getting old and it's burning out my patience. If they wanted to do this, surely a "Pirates" games using the Anvil Next engine would be better. Also, Ubi/AC, enough messing around. Ninjas or GTFO!
Johno Muller's avatar
AC4.5 - Pirates vs Ninjas
Johno Muller 4 years ago
MICHAEL 4 years ago
Edward Kenway is supposed to be Hatham father's. This sounds like a prequel. I was really disappointed by AC3, after so much build up to the game, gameplay was not good enough and neither was the story. AC2 is still the best in the series. I enjoyed Brotherhood, but Revelations felt like an expansion pack and key plot elements/revelations are missing from the actual game and explained in the dlc. The navel missions were enjoyable in AC3, but Ubisoft have whored out this franchise too much and it's no longer a day one purchase for me.
da_kerr's avatar
I must confess, I'm inclined to agree. Assassin's Creed always used to be a day one purchase for me, but after the bloated tedium of Assassin's Creed 3, and the painfully anticlimactic ending, I can't say I'm particularly excited. I'd have loved to have seen a Victorian London-based game, with dynamic fog used as part of your concealment and a plot intertwined with historical events. I really feel as though they're lacking imagination.
da_kerr 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i think im against everyone on this 1... i think its a great idea and im looking forward to it to be honest :D i still havent got round to number 3 as i got bored myself but i think now ive seen this ill give 3 a go and look forward to more news on this
HOWARD 4 years ago
This could be interesting but I think I would prefer the setting to be either during the French or Russian Revolutions, or the first world war. I just think the whole pirate theme has been overdone in various media formats before. What's the betting that there will be a zombie themed dlc too? :P
troublemaker's avatar
I'd buy that! ZOMBIE ALTAIR! HELL YEAH!
troublemaker 4 years ago
Johno Muller's avatar
Pirates at the very least use a lot of sword combat, the gun mechanics in AC games has always been shaky to downright terrible. They could do a futuristic space kind like a AC Star Wars/Trek crossover they have melee could be kinda fun
Johno Muller 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
bring on AC Zombies anyday!
0000000000 4 years ago
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
When I think of Assassins I think of Japan surely an Assassins creed game set in fuedal Japan would be a better idea.
LFC Bywater's avatar
A big part of AC games for me has always been the setting/ surrounding buildings. That why I didn't enjoy AC3 too much. Japan sounds perfect to me.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Unknown_1's avatar
That's exactly what I said a moment ago and then I read your comment lol. Japan is just the perfect setting imo for AC. An assasin ninja would be so epic. Think about all the powers they could give him.
Unknown_1 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Haha, you know what they say, Great minds think alike.... :D
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Apparently set to be a next gen launch title in addition to current gen systems. Will be nice to get an AC title without technical issues... if Ubi can manage it even on vastly improved hardware obviously.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
What are pirates favourite lessons at school? AAAAARRRRRT.. Sorry couldn't resist...
Johno Muller's avatar
You couldn't resist it twice I see ^.^
Johno Muller 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
iTs such a bad joke it needed saying twice :P im on my phone so accidentally do some double posts here and there
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
wow... ive lost some love for u lol
0000000000 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Its a joke I heard from my dad... I just had to put it, feel so ashamed lol
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
u should.. hang your head in shame! lol
0000000000 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
How do pirates like their meat? ChARRRRRed.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
these are horrific... lol
Rachael 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Brilliant Dynamite lol. Going to call my dad later and see if he has anymore pirate related jokes :P
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Rachael 4 years ago
pirates is quite a good idea with lots of people seeming to enjoy the naval part of assassins creed 3. the only other pirate game that springs directly into my mind is risen 2. how did that get on with sales?
Unknown_1's avatar
Unknown_1 4 years ago
I was really hoping the next AC would be based around feudal Japan. But I guess the naval combat in AC 3 worked out so great that they decided to make a separate game on it.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Knew this was coming. But agree a naval setting could get very boring very quickly. In my opinion though if it is spread across several lands that would be cool. How about a Jungle setting mixed with a hilly town (Peru?)
beastfish's avatar
beastfish 4 years ago
Don't care for a naval setting......found those aspects tedious in AC3. My vote is with a feudal Japan setting and creating a huge world around that. No doubt the result would be amazing *wipes drool away*......
Rachael 4 years ago
i guess we can all only hope for that beastfish
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Japan would be awesome with samarai swords etc!
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
The naval section was just about the only great thing about the game. The other great thing was Haytham. So this just about goes hand in hand.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I never played AC3, so couldnt comment on it but it did strike me as interesting. It doesnt look bad. Played Revelations and the first one though (which is a bit laughable now).