PS4 to run at full resolution on PS Vita?

New information from Japan suggests that PS4 remote play will run at full resolution on PS Vita.

According to the information from a Japanese magazine, you do not need to encode or change the format when you transfer movies from PS4 to PC.

In addition, it's also being suggested that the two cameras on the PS4 will detect user's location even if the user doesn't have the Dualshock 4 or Move controller at hand.

Sounds like there is a lot more to the PlayStation 4 still to be revealed. E3 will certainly be interesting.

Edited On 27 Feb, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
it is looking good for sony has to be said.. im still confident with microsoft though.. i hope they dont let me down!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I think the PS4 could be the best selling point of the Vita.
Unknown_1's avatar
The Vita is still expensive. I highly doubt people will be shelling out so much cash just for Vita AFTER buying the PS4 (which I doubt will be cheap) just to play their PS4 games in the toilet. Now if they somehow managed to make Gaikai work on 3G to let you play on the go, that would be something else. But that kind if tech is probably not going to be here in another 10 years. So maybe at the end of PS4's lifecycle. But by then the Vita would be long gone lol.
Unknown_1 4 years ago
If they do a bundle for the PS4 coupled with the Vita I think that would be good
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Wonder if anyone will be able to tell whether or not its playing in 1080 on that little screen? Looking good though. The interesting, if a little gimmiky sometimes, hits keep on coming. Your move Microsoft :)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
So did Sony come up with the idea for the Wii U before Nintendo but forget to tell anybody.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
trolololol.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
ASC's avatar
ASC 4 years ago
Given that the ps4 will use the same system architecture as PCs there is no reason it would need to change encoding/format. What i'd like to know is if it will stream video to other devices such as android tablets as well
Hymeleon's avatar
PS4 has similar to PC components, but not the "same" architecture.
Hymeleon 4 years ago
J-D's avatar
my mate said the ps4 is like a pc on steroids.....i laughed
J-D 4 years ago
Hahahahaha I hope he was joking
J-D's avatar
lol maybe, depends which pc hes talking about, if its my pc i'd say "don't insult the ps4 like that, its better than that
J-D 4 years ago
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Now they need to announce that all PSN arcade titles have remote play or crossbuy/play/save
Unknown_1's avatar
Unknown_1 4 years ago
This could act as a kind of trojan horse for the Vita. Sell Vita using the PS4, then make people buy the Vita games. But I still don't see people buying the Vita in droves just for remote play. The Vita itself needs software to sell.
J-D's avatar
bingo
J-D 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
I will file this under 'believe it when I see it'. PS3 has remote play, but unless you want to play Pixel Junk racers or Tokyo Jungle its a waste of time. Don'f forget they promised us all this 2 years ago. 'Wan't to play Killzone 3 on your Vita? That will happen, definitely, honest. For sure'.
I thought the PS4 was meant to be able to do 4kp, are they telling us the Vita can too?
Bindiana's avatar
The PS4 wont play games in 4kp it only has the function to show pictures and videos in 4KP
Bindiana 4 years ago