Insomniac registers 'Sunset Overdrive'

Insomniac Games has registered a trademark for Sunset Overdrive. Now what could that be?

Currently the studio is working on its new game FUSE, although as we know, it's previously been responsible for Rachet & Clank and the Resistance series.

Insomniac has also got into Facebook games in the recent past, so its possible the studio could once again be working on something along those lines, especially with much of the team still focused on FUSE.

We'll no doubt find out soon, but it's fun to speculate, don't you think?

Edited On 27 Feb, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
thought fuse was due out very soon! now it has no date.. i cant say it looks amazing anyway tbh
Unknown_1's avatar
Unknown_1 4 years ago
Maybe this is the title they'll be working on after Fuse. Or who knows. I just hope FUSE does well enough to keep them alive. Their past few games haven't been major successes.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I can see this being a Racing game... Which would be odd for Insomniac. I am sure they will be OK with the big belly of EA behind them!
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
I really enjoyed the Resistance series from Insomniac. Judging by the trailer FUSE doesn't look as impressive as Resistance was in my opinion. Hopefully Sunset Overdrive will look a lot better.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I enjoyed Resistance 2, and have number 3 but to be honest its the most neglected game in my collection. I have yet to play past the tutorial!
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Resistance is a good series. Ratchet & Clank is an amazing series(TOD, Q4B, CIT). Fuse looked quality at E3 but alas, less so. I have no idea why they've changed from the origianl idea of having the 4 main characters all so different. Just means this 'faceless cover' thing so obscure.
J-D's avatar
J-D 4 years ago
sounds like an outrun type racing game