The Last of Us gets first dev diary

Sony has released the first developer diary for The Last of Us, in which the developers focus on the enemies known as 'The Infected.'

During the video there is some fantastic concept art which shows the different ideas Naughty Dog went through before arriving at the striking final design which is in the game. As you'd expect, The Last of Us looks pretty incredible, which makes the wait for its release that little bit more difficult.

Check out the video below.

You can pre-order The Last of Us using the link at the bottom of this article.

Edited On 28 Feb, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i need a ps3.. i need this game! it looks awesome!
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
get one on the cheap, some of the exclusive IP's are excellent I dont play anything else on the PS3 other than exclusives but they do have God of War, Unchartered, Little Big Planet and Infamous all brilliant games. This looks like a great addition, plus i'd like to play Ni No Kuni too
I like how they think they've created something original here, they obviously never saw the episode of Primeval with the mushroom men, or maybe they did. Either way, looks good, still the only game I would buy a PS3 for.
J-D's avatar
to be fair theres a few you could buy a ps3 for
J-D 4 years ago
Maybe for you, this is the only one that interests me personally.
J-D's avatar
fair nuff but you got to admit the uncharted series is worth it alone for a ps3, then you got heavenly sword, mgs4 etc, lots of little gems here and there
J-D 4 years ago
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 4 years ago
Looks like another great PS3 exclusive from Naughty Dog. Shame the release date was pushed back till June.
Beazi's avatar
I think that was clever from Sony. After all it is a new IP and is more likely to do better during a time when there is little else out.
Beazi 4 years ago
J-D's avatar
i think its because we will get it close to 100% as they can get it before launch which im all for.
J-D 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I'm really excited for this game. Looks like Unchartered meets Resident Evil 3 meets Slender! Have this already on the Pre-order list!
Unknown_1's avatar
Unknown_1 4 years ago
It is quite amazing that ND has created a new IP this late in the PS3's lifecycle at the same year the PS4 is coming out. It makes me happy to own a PS3.
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
Really hoping a version of this game makes its way to the PS4. It looks amazing. If this had been announced when I still had my PS3 then I wouldn't have sold it. Theres gonna be a lot of disappointed Xbox fans when this comes out.... I'll be one of them.
Jamie 4 years ago
everytime i see a glimpse of this game it makes me want to play it even more and 1 big reason i love naughty dog is because a good story to me is one of the most important aspects such as uncharted 3 didnt have the best gameplay out there but the story i really enjoyed which is why i love naughty dog plus the other series they have done such as jak and daxter.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Naughty Dog games are always of such a high standard likewise Santa Monica Studios. Sony do have some awesome developers and those two are key in winning the battle against Microsoft!
Rachael 4 years ago
this game looks great. some of those npc's look real dam ugly!
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I have never been this confident about a new IP it best not let me down! Had to laugh at that comment Rachael. Go to Wetherspoons at 3am and there is a similarity between the regulars and the NPCs lol!