Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag packshot arrives

Ubisoft has today released the official packshot for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

Information on the game will not arrive until next week, so there is not a lot we can tell you at the moment. What we do know is that the PS3 version seems to have 60 minutes of exclusive content, but until more information is available you'll just need to check out the pretty picture.

What do you think?

On the bright side you can pre-order below. So if the picture makes you that excited, then we've already got you covered.

Edited On 28 Feb, 2013

Comments
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I read somewhere that the protagonist is going to be Haytham's father. That presents a few dodgy scenarios for me. None that I can mention without spoiling AC3 for those that haven't played it. Oh well. This'll probably be the first AC game I don't buy on release day. Starting to feel the hand around the tit milking this poor franchise now
Didn't Brotherhood and Revelations not do that already?
troublemaker's avatar
I wouldn't say so for brotherhood. I really liked it. Revelation, absolutely. But I gave AC3 it's chance and it, for the most part, paid off. But as a fan of the franchise (I went away from PC gaming and bought my first PS3 on AC release day due to delay on PC) I feel like I'm being taken advantage of now. I never saw Ubi pulling the Acti/EA yearly model thing to death. But I was clearly wrong. They have half listened to the players that loved Haytham from AC3 and then found a way to go around the issues caused by the ending (and middle) of AC3 and gone to this. Instead of doing a Brotherhood/Revelations style continuation and Making Haytham the main protagonist (That game, I would have bought day one)
troublemaker 4 years ago
Unknown_1's avatar
Well it has become kind of like COD with a yearly release. As long as they can keep the quality up. I kind of lost interest after Brotherhood.
Unknown_1 4 years ago
J-D's avatar
i lost interest after 2
J-D 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
So new AC is a prequel to AC3 but they're giving it a sequel numbering scheme by calling it AC4? Looks like someone at Ubisoft was playing Snake Eater recently... That or they've cottoned on to the fact that the spin off titles always sell much worse than the numbered entries.
troublemaker's avatar
Assassins Creed: INception
troublemaker 4 years ago
Johno Muller's avatar
It's a shame because Brotherhood was probably the best entry to the franchise
Johno Muller 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
2 was by far the best
0000000000 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Brotherhood and Revelations all had higher pre-order levels than #2 so it isn't true about the spinoffs doing worse. It's a bit weird going this way though.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
JMeeks1875's avatar
2 is my favorite from the franchise to date :)
JMeeks1875 4 years ago
Robichoico's avatar
Considering they continued the main plot of the game in Brotherhood and Revelations makes the numbered continuity a bit dodgy anyways. Really this should be number 6. The only ones I can consider to not be part of the main series are the DS, PSP and PSV games.
Robichoico 4 years ago
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
I like how he is still wearing Renaissance armour despite being a pirate
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
im liking the pirate idea! i didnt enjoy revelations or brotherhood to much and i still havent got round to 3 but i will but this sounds good to me! BUT ill also rent this i think like im doing with 3
Meh.
J-D's avatar
you read my thoughts
J-D 4 years ago
JMeeks1875's avatar
JMeeks1875 4 years ago
Bring on the pirates!! yarrrr!! Seriously though, Are there no secrets left in the games industry?
Steven 4 years ago
Feels a bit ironic to me having a more naval/sea theme as IMO this franchise has pretty much jumped the shark
troublemaker's avatar
Until it does it in a boat, the series continues
troublemaker 4 years ago
BARIS 4 years ago
AC franchise isn't as exciting as it was before. Just like Gloria said, my first reaction was: "Meh."
lbs's avatar
lbs 4 years ago
PC and Wii U have also been confirmed....
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
Just happy its not more Connor. Also didnt they say the next game wasnt going to be till 2014 though i was expecting a female protagonist.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
A female lead would be a great idea for the new Assassins Creed.
Datastatic's avatar
You wont play as the guy on the front until 30 hours in. You will play as his cleaning lady until then so you may well get your wish.
Datastatic 4 years ago
Unknown_1's avatar
Unknown_1 4 years ago
From what I read elsewhere apparently this guy is Connor's grandfather.
alan james 4 years ago
"agree with beazi a female lead would be brilliant. I cant believe this is coming soon though"
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 4 years ago
We just had a female lead. Although agreed, a Female lead Pirate would be too much awesome. Overall I kinda feel meh about this. This is really the....7th? Proper title. Not to mention the handful of DS and PSP games the series got. It just feels really stale and the ideas they got few and far between. Saying that, it's a pirate one, and should have the naval battles back. So that makes me more excited than the previous ones. Personally I woulda dropped the whole Assassin's Creed gimmick and just made a genuine pirate game. But I guess that would sell a whole lot less
Unknown_1's avatar
I thought Liberation had a female lead.
Unknown_1 4 years ago
Rachael 4 years ago
i am very uninterested in assassins creed now. too much too soon. would have maybe considered it if it was in a better timeframe but pirates do not interest me. had no intrest in pirates of the carribean and have no interest in this either. will be able to have a nice break from the series now and see what they come out with next.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Like how you play as the cleaning lady!