Metro Last Light dated at last

Deep Silver has today announced the release date for Metro: Last Light.

The FPS is under development at 4AGames, although many feared for its future when THQ went into administration. Thankfully Deep Silver snapped the franchise up, allowing the developer to finish its work on the title.

So when will it arrive? That we can answer. You'll be able to get hold of the game in the UK and Europe on May 14 on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC while the US release is set for May 14.

"The new release date is the ideal way to strike the balance between bringing the best out of Metro: Last Light and not keep the fans waiting longer than necessary," Koch Media owner Dr Klemens Kundratitz stated.

"We won't leave that time unexploited and will work closely together with 4A Games to make the game even better. It will receive all the attention it deserves."

Deep Silver's international commercial director Menno van der Bil added: "Since it has been made public that we took over the Metro franchise, the fans keep asking for a release date. Now we can finally announce when they will be able to get their hands on the game. We would like to thank all of the Metro fans for their patience. And we can assure them that we have a lot more coming their way with the franchise."

Edited On 01 Mar, 2013

Comments
Ryan_Roberts's avatar
Ryan_Roberts 4 years ago
Not even gunna lie, Metro 2033 made me jump a far few times. This game should be prety amazing with what I've seen and read up! :)
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i lost track of this but nice to see it have a date!
JMeeks1875's avatar
JMeeks1875 4 years ago
The original Metro sneaked under the radar but if given a chance, It really is an excellent, Thrilling & atmospheric game. Last Light has been marketed far better, Can only hope they stay true to the roots for 2033.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Nice. Was worried it'd be later in the year for this after the THQ implosion but May should do nicely now that Last of Us is in June.
tachikoma's avatar
tachikoma 4 years ago
Awesome news! Metro 2033 was an amazingly atmospheric game which totally took my by surprise and was an incredibly welcome change from the ridiculously over-the-top shenanigans of all the Call of Dutys and Battlefields out there. Very excited for the sequel :)
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
At long last! This should be a good game and worth a whirl.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 years ago
I think this is the first news we have heard after the aftermath of THQ anybody any idea when South Park is going to be released.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Not too sure all i know now is ubisoft has it hopefully sometime this year though.
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
Maybe they've delayed it to port it over to Wii U ;)
LFC Bywater's avatar
Was really looking forward to the South Park game. Want it to be sooner than later really. My buying of 360 games is going to severely slow down when we get close to the end of the year.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Unknown_1's avatar
Didn't Ubisoft take the South Park game? I think they'll give it a fair release date when its done, so I wouldn't worry. BUT METRO 2033 LIVES! YAY!
Unknown_1 4 years ago
Rachael 4 years ago
i feel ashamed to admit i have never played metro. i have seen it at sainsburys for about 10 pounds tho but may buy it from here if it is quite cheap? and a good game obviously.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I never have either but seen videos of this older one you mention Rachael. It looks awesome! How about DLC or an on disc version with this game like Medal of Honour was!
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
Look forward to picking this up in Morrison's for a fiver in about a years time.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Lol! I went to my local one in Ferndown and they had no 99p games! Gutted! I would consider this game but there's so much out there at the moment! It might end up on the back burner!
Jamie 4 years ago
i might get this game but not 100% yet with all other great games coming out soon i want to save up for the ps4 so probably wont pick it up but if the reviews are good i most likely will.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Same here so much quality stuff coming out I will wait for reviews hope the old THQ games get the love they deserve. I wanna find out about this South Park game! Hurry up or they will Definately kill Kenny you b........
dazsuvo's avatar
dazsuvo 4 years ago
The original metro was quite a bland looking game but this looks alot brighter and will be more enjoyable to play having a more varied colour palette than previous version. I would still pick up the original Metro for under a fiver from Shopto though it is well worth that...
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Sometimes a brighter more varied colour palette is not better. The best edgey horror games (I am looking at you Dead Space) are dark and grim! Who said the 3rd Dead Space isn't scary! It's jumpy with two regenerators and is full of exciting puzzles
dazsuvo's avatar
dazsuvo 4 years ago
All I mean is that looking at a bland not very good looking game can be a major put off for people even when it does add to the ambience of a good horror game. You can still have both with still a great game in the making. You make it sound like the two can't go hand in hand when they can, just that I would like a bit of both...
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Resident Evil 5 did try it... And although there was tension built up especially in the town with the Executioner geezer running about, I didn't feel genuinely petrified as I did playing through Dead Space 1 for example. Silent Hill The Room was probably the scariest brightest game ever so yes if done well they can be scary but it really needs a great premise. Even in movies the horror movies are dark and grim. Would Pyscho be Pyscho at 11am?