Dead Island: Riptide pre-order goodies detailed

Details of the Dead Island Riptide pre-order DLC have now been made available. There is certainly plenty of variety to allow you to take down some zombies in style, thanks to the inclusion of a BBQ Blade, an XP/stats booster and also a special shop which give you discounts on all manner of zombie bashing goodies.

Here are the details:

Pre-order DLC: The Survivor Pack

- A BBQ Blade! This special pre-order pack contains an exclusive weapon only available here! How better to dispose of the wretched zombies than with a sharp blade? Add in some workbench-modifying and hook it up to a few fuel tanks to bring some heat to a zombie?s heart! The so-called ?BBQ Blade? lets you wade through zombie hordes with ease!
- An XP/stats booster! Want that extra edge to level up faster than your peers? Here?s your chance!
- A special shop! The Survivor Pack will grant you access to a shop offering a special discount on weapons and items! Happy shopping!
The Survivor Pack DLC will be made available to everyone who pre-orders the game before its release in regions where it is available.

So how do you like your zombies, Rare or Well Done?

You can pre-order Dead Island: Riptide below.

Edited On 01 Mar, 2013

Comments
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I might give this a whirl when it drops in price but the first one was so buggy I refuse to buy it first day. Also the Collectors edition which I dont think we have in the UK is completely disgusting!
Bindiana's avatar
I do have a lot of collectors edition but must admit the collectors edition for this game was a step to far no way would I buy it.
Bindiana 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
It is so distasteful. There are some controversial collectors editions out there, but this just called for attention! It's vile!
Beazi 4 years ago
Datastatic's avatar
.....cough......cough......http://www.shopto.net/news/41679/Dead-Island-Riptide-Zombie-Bait-Edition-available-for-preorder- .......cough.
Datastatic 4 years ago
Unknown_1's avatar
lol datastatic I looked at the link and it seems everyone back then when it was announced was disgusted over it (bar one or two). Probably why it got pulled.
Unknown_1 4 years ago
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
Just so you know for the preorder bit at the bottom you have the original dead island for xbox and not the new one. Thought it was too good to be true at £15
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
The first one wasn't too bad, i still stand by what i said though and think that not alot has changed for this one, even the animations look identical when you get grabbed by a zombie. Will more than likely pick it up though, it's a good co-op game if nothing else.
Unknown_1's avatar
Unknown_1 4 years ago
I guess they went a bit tame after that collectors edition debacle. All this seems pretty standard for pre-order bonus.
J-D's avatar
odd, thats near word for word what i thought
J-D 4 years ago
Unknown_1's avatar
You know what they say lol, great minds think alike.
Unknown_1 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
It's not like this was a bad game with the first one but just buggy. Getting so far then getting stuck in a wall or just stopping with zombies disappearing ruined the experience for me. Now I do think it has improved with patches but it just put me off. I hope they get this one right but will not be preordering.
Rachael 4 years ago
i thought the collectors edition was starnge but still funny i wouldnt get it. not to sure about this game i didnt really enjoy the first one.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I enjoyed it at first but it got annoying. That collectors edition is strange I don't think it's for sale over here anyway
Rachael 4 years ago
fair enough, it is very strange! dont see the collectors edition selling to well anyway!
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
Love Dead Island, still think it's massively underrated. It was Farcry 3 with zombies 2 years before Farcry 3 came out and everyone had a gamegasm over it.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I don't know if Dead Island was that good. I have it and would never sell it and haven't got Far cry 3 yet but Far Cry looks graphically much more superior and open. Dead islands maps were smaller. Don't get me wrong it's a good game minus bugs but it isn't outstanding
Datastatic's avatar
Dead Island doesn't look quite as peng granted but it has a better structure and is more consistent and less front loaded than Far Cry 3. I know I am in the minority here but hey. I truly think Dead Island is one of the most underrated games of this gen.
Datastatic 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I think that it is a great game in Co-op, but didn't enjoy it whilst playing alone. It is an enjoyable game though.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Jamie 4 years ago
i'm not getting this game as the first one was fun with a friend but i dont think it was the game that made it fun is was me and my friend as the driving was fun and the quests were enjoyable but it was repetitive and the area's in the game SPOILER POSSIBLY: in act 2 especially was really badly designed as you went through sewers and it was really boring but the first island was my favourite but like i said not picking this one up.
LFC Bywater's avatar
Jamie i agree bud, the town and sewer part were by far the worst of the game, The first parts on the beach's and lifeguard tower was really good. The whole game should have been like that.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
dazsuvo's avatar
dazsuvo 4 years ago
The first game is a classic in my opinion so I can't really wait to see if they have created another superb effort when this is finally released...
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
The first level was very exciting! It was a perfect mix of Zombies and was impressed they would get in and out of the pool. However I was really dissapointed in the amount of bugs in the game! Like LFC Bywater mentioned after the first level the game did go a bit downhill
Rachael 4 years ago
i think that i enjoyed the jungle the most. the prison part was very tedious but atleast it didnt drag on for to long. first part was the best though.
I thought the game got worse as you changed locations but my favorite was being in the city since there was (at least for me) a sense of horror. Playing that part after midnight was almost as scary as the Mannequin and Clown levels in Condemned 2 (I'm scared of both)
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I fund the jungle very buggy but that could just be Playstation 3 users and I know it's been patched a fair few times. I will probably give it another whirl, will probably get the GOTay edition from here even though I've still got it. It's cheap and I know it will be a complete edition!
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
*find sorry predictive text!