Beyond: Two Souls coming October 8, now stars Willem Dafoe

Sony has announced that David Cage's Beyond: Two Souls will be released on October 8.

It was thought that the game would be released this May, however with The Last of Us being released in June, it makes sense for Sony to push this one back.

One other interesting bit of news is that Willem Dafoe has now joined the cast, you can see more on this in the trailer below.

We're quite excited for this one, if you are too then pre-order below.

Edited On 01 Mar, 2013

Comments
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 4 years ago
Certainly looks good. Hope we have the option to X for Jason in this one as well :)
Aminu 4 years ago
What the hell? October?! Thats it, im cancelling my preorder.
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 4 years ago
This looks awesome I just hope its much better than Heavy rain, October release is this a surprise to anybody???
moro's avatar
What? you didn't like heavy Rain? I wouldn't say it would be much better, because heavy Rain was so damn good. It would be hard to top it :P Looking forward to it.
moro 4 years ago
Unknown_1's avatar
Story was great, but not everyone likes to play a game which is just a quick time event lol.
Unknown_1 4 years ago
Pyroloveridge's avatar
agreed, it looked good but i just didn't want to sit there shaking my controller about
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
PrometheusFan's avatar
Well, to be fair, very little of Heavy Rain was technically a "quick time event". Most of it was merely button pressing/simulating movement with the controller, yeah, but the amount of that that required reflexes and timing in the traditional QTE sense was minimal as I recall. The pad shaking bits were garbage though, that much is spot on.
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Unknown_1's avatar
Unknown_1 4 years ago
Wow. Probably going to launch just with the PS4. That can't be good for sales of this game. Maybe it'll have long legs. Who knows.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Can see this ported to the Playstation 4 as a budget release game!
Willem Dafoe?
I thought he was exclusive to Rabbidsland.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
I instantly thought Jermaine Defoe lol
Datastatic's avatar
Datastatic 4 years ago
Looking forward to this, can wait till October. Would sooner have it then than now and not broken.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Sometimes I wish some games were delayed. Dead Island, TDU, Aliens all games that could of done with a bit more polish and an extra month of loving care.
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
what are the chances of shopto getting the special edition?
Unknown_1's avatar
Pretty good I'd say. If Sony plan to release a special edition in EU (which they should), shopto will highly likely get it.
Unknown_1 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Haven't seen the Special Edition plans... What is it like?
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
a black steelbook, soundtrack, avatars, dynamic theme, and behind the scenes vid. kinda basic
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
My favourite kind. Cheaper than the ones that add figurines that I have no interest in. But I love a good steelbook.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Artemisthemp's avatar
@Beazi Exclusive Steelbook Premium Packaging - http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/8516460483/ Extensive Behind The Scenes Video Features Soundtrack PS3 Dynamic Theme PSN Avatar Bundle I wonder about the 30 minuter extra content <-- Gamestop/EB Games exclusives in the states
Artemisthemp 4 years ago
Rachael 4 years ago
this game looks pretty promising but every time i see william dafoe it just reminds me of the green goblin :(
Shoxy85's avatar
Shoxy85 4 years ago
I do like Dafoe's impression of Jim Gordon from Batman, in that picture.
Jamie 4 years ago
this game just keeps sounding better especially with what the studio did with heavy rain and i can understand like joe said why the release date is october because there is enough time intervals between god of war, the last of us then this game beyond: two souls but at e3 with the ps4 i think this game isn't going to be noticed as everyone will be paying attention to the next cod, assassins creed, fifa and most importantely the next generation of consoles.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Think this is a great year for current gen but this is likely to be upscaled for PS4 I bet! I hope they continue to support the PS3 for a lot longer yet. Can see it being a good five years after the PS4 release that PS3 servers will be turned off
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
Saying that with cloud PS3 gaming on the 4 will the servers continue to run and allow cross play between the 3 and 4 for those games?
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Looks like they are using the same face tech that LA Noire used, anyone know if it is?
Unknown_1's avatar
Nah. LA Noire was made with Rockstar's engine while this is made by a first party Sony developer. I highly doubt a 1st party would borrow engines from a 3rd party.
Unknown_1 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
Must just be some very good graphics then.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 4 years ago
It's a fair point... They do look very similar! I am looking forward to this and Last of us could be two strong IPs for the future!