Ubisoft explains Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag next gen features

Ubisoft has taken time out to explain the differences between the current and next generation versions of Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag.

According to a new report on Gaming Bolt, Jean Guesdon, Creative Director was quoted as saying, "The game will also be available on Next Gen consoles.

"In addition to improved graphics and physic, Next Gen versions will bring to the players new connected features allowing them to feel that even if they remain 'Single Player' it will be better to be a "Single Connected Player".

"I mean, that Next Gen Consoles will allow players to have a solo experience that benefit the presence of a huge community."

We'd expect there will also be specific features for each of the new consoles, although given we are still to find out more on what PS4 and the Next Xbox can do, it looks like we'll have to wait until E3 to find out what these could be.

Edited On 05 Mar, 2013

Comments
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
I'll be getting this for PS4 I'd assume. Will need to back up that catalogue, and if it is an improvement over the PS3 version, it's great news.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
Look boys and girls, it's your daily shoveling of Assassins Creed 4 news! haha! The next gen will be the way to go with title i think. that way at least with me waiting to buy, bugs will be worked out and issues resolved, and hopefully, the price will have dropped substantially by the time i get around to buying my PS4/XBox3
Aminu 4 years ago
I can't believe Assassins creed has come down to this. Pirates?
This could be really fun, if not counterintuitive, the whole sneaking aspect seems like it would be pointless.
John 4 years ago
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
they probably went with the whole pirate thing given the popularity of the sailing missions in AC3. An AC game set in Nazi occupied Paris at some point would be nice, but until then, I can't say I have much enthusiasm in AC these days
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
I think "The Saboteur" had the same setting. Personally I'd love to see an AC game set in medieval Japan, that would be epic imo.
John 4 years ago
I always thought Victorian London would be a good setting for the series.
troublemaker's avatar
Make Jack the Ripper a Templar! Oh yeah!
troublemaker 4 years ago
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
So to replace the daily PS4 rumours we have Assassins Creed instead, not sure which I prefer.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
bring on the pirates i love the idea! ill be getting it next gen as well to be fair
ASC's avatar
ASC 4 years ago
All these AC4 announcements. Maybe tomorrow they will announce a special edition that comes with a bottle of rum.
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
AC 4 the Swaskbuckler Edition: Complete with a bottle of rum, a treasure map, a parrot plush toy, and a skull and crossbones flag
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
Plush toy? I'd want a real parrot!
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
Something has to be plush. so it's either a plus parrot, or a plush bottle of rum! Or a plus map! Yeah, I'll go with the map!
troublemaker 4 years ago
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
Am i allowed to do a gloria go' yawn' ?
Be my guest, I can't even be bothered with that today I'm so bored of it now.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 4 years ago
I will probably get on Xbox 360 still for achievements, as I am in no hurry for next gen, and I have not got AC3 yet nor finished AC1 nor played the others - so still got plenty to keep me busy for ages on Xbox 360. If I do get a PS4/next Xbox then I may still get the next Xbox version as well if the added features are worth it. If the PC version gets these features then may get PC version Do they also include Wii U as next gen which will get the added features too? If that is the case then could get the Wii U version. So many choices! Not getting PS4/next Xbox will lower those choices
Thomas 4 years ago
Since this is being released on next gen consoles, maybe PC gamers won't get an extremely poor port, with tons of bugs, and months of waiting for patches.