Tomb Raider hits 1 million players in 48 hours

Karl Stewart, global brand manager at the Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics, has suggested the title has already passed the 1 million mark.

Using twitter to express his feelings on the matter, Stewart said,"Wow, 1m gamers playing in less than 48hrs! @tombraider fans, you're AMAZING Hearing some stores are running low..more copies are on the way!"

Our review is already live for Tomb Raider and judging by comments so far, you are loving the game too.

If you've not grabbed the game yet then you can do so below.

Edited On 08 Mar, 2013

Comments
I wonder how many of them are playing the multiplayer? I can't bring myself to try it so far, but I hear it's really crap, and buggy too.
LFC Bywater's avatar
I wouldn't even go there Gloria, enjoy it as a single player game then move on.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
I wasn't planning on it, enjoying the single player though, even if the story is a bit silly and the characterization inconsistent.
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i never brought this game with the intension of playing the multiplayer anyway! these figures are really good for the game and i hope they get to work on the next 1 :D ive loved every minute of it and ill deffo be playing it again on hard! and searching for everything!
John 4 years ago
I'll probably be looking to get this game when it comes down in price, but that is an impressive figure.
0000000000's avatar
31 quid is a great price for it. easily worth full retail in my eyes so to get it at that just made it all the better
0000000000 4 years ago
Pyroloveridge's avatar
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
ill be boosting the multiplayer Achievements but other than that it is not worth it, the single player is absolutely top notch in fact gonna try a whole play through on hard with just walking so i can soak it all in again
0000000000's avatar
lol im starting hard the weekend! if my cousin doesnt get wind im done and runs of with it like he did with my DmC the day i finished that!
0000000000 4 years ago
LFC Bywater's avatar
I tried the online but raged at the lack of spawn protection. Single player wise is is amazing. One death in the game I was a bit hmmmmm at but I won't mention that here.
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
Tom_3's avatar
Tom_3 4 years ago
its a brillant game without the multiplayer why they added it for is beyond me but like 'pyroloveridge' said will probably play it just for the trophies lol cant wait for the next one
HappyNoodleBoy's avatar
HappyNoodleBoy 4 years ago
It will be less than half that within a week. A well reviewed game hitting high player numbers in the first 48hours is no surprise, it's keeping a high number in the weeks/months following that's worth mentioning
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
I've rented it out in preparation for a weekend playthrough, but my first takeaway on starting it was that Camilla Luddington is a horrible voice actress.
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 4 years ago
I'm a fair way into the single player campaign now and have to say its pretty amazing (besides all the QTE's at the beginning), as for the mp i've only played one match so far but i haven't seen anything that impressed me really.
yoda soldier's avatar
yoda soldier 4 years ago
Yeah i have played a few games of multiplayer its ok but nothing special. It just looks poor compared to the main game.
Double A's avatar
Double A 4 years ago
I'm absolutely loving the game at the moment, I got it on PC and haven't run into any issues that have been mentioned on my 580. I have no interest whatsoever in the multiplayer and really disappointed the first batch of DLC is for multiplayer, who is honestly play that and enjoying it? I can't imagine its many people.
Xtracrispi's avatar
Xtracrispi 4 years ago
best game this year so far in my opinion
Xtracrispi's avatar
Xtracrispi 4 years ago
best game this year so far in my opinion
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago
Fan of the original Tomb Raider and the new look looks like my type of game. Really glad everyone is giving it positives, even though I'll not play the multiplayer anyway so it doesn't bother me that it's below par. Will grab this once I've done my other games.
beastfish's avatar
beastfish 4 years ago
Loving the game so far, great mix of gameplay elements and the graphics are mind blowing. The island is so well realised and the art direction is incredible. Not a fan of some of the voice acting and drab characters, but it's still a solid title and well worth the full price.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 4 years ago
Hmm, note the phrasing though "1m players in 48hrs"? If he's just going by combined player stats from across all the versions of the game wouldn't that also take in all the rentals of the game, review copies and most importantly multiple people playing the same copy of the game on seperate accounts? I think it's safe to say the actual sell through to customers is considerably less than a million at this point... but I guess that might change come it's first full week on shelves. We'll see.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 4 years ago
not surprised as this is a fantastic game. Will be interesting to see where in the charts it will be come tomorrow. I'm going with top of the board and deservingly so.