SimCity launches in the UK

SimCity launched in the UK early this morning and so far none of the issues affecting the U.S seem to be rearing their ugly head.

We downloaded the game at around 12.01am and so far have not experienced any issues at all. This is in stark contrast to those in the U.S who are having problems connecting to the game. In fact some people have been calling for a refund, while one U.S retailer even withdrew the digital version of the game from sale.

Providing the game keeps behaving itself we'll have a review for you as early as next week. In the meantime you can order below.

Edited On 08 Mar, 2013

Comments
0000000000's avatar
0000000000 4 years ago
i was so close to getting this the other half! but after seeing all the bad things going on with it and seeing origin refuse refunds and then a few others taking their download versions of sale, just has a lot of bad news around it at the minute and i think sales will be poor!
Sounds like EA actually kept their word and fixed the problems in time for the UK launch. That's got to be a first.
Pyroloveridge's avatar
i think it is actually the first
Pyroloveridge 4 years ago
Johno Muller's avatar
Johno Muller 4 years ago
Sim City doesn't have the cult following over here as it does across the pond, so I doubt we will suffer as bad as America. I think the issue is being exacerbated because people are jumping on the bandwagon with their "EA SUX" banners and trying to get more internet points by posting images of their failed to join game.
troublemaker's avatar
troublemaker 4 years ago
I can't support a game that requires a persistent internet connection for single player play. If I want to play it after servers are shut down due to cost, I can't. And I find that reprehensible considering how regularly EA close servers to lower performing games.
0000000000's avatar
EA all over isnt it!
0000000000 4 years ago
troublemaker's avatar
it is. I can understand the business point of view. But at least if they close a madden server, i can play the single player. if they close down the new sim city servers, I'll be stuck with a disc that only good to use as a coaster
troublemaker 4 years ago
I'm sure that once the servers are shut down, the game will be patched to allow it to be played without a constant connection. It happens with almost all games which can be played by yourself, but require a constant online connection.
Thomas 4 years ago
0000000000's avatar
not EA games!
0000000000 4 years ago
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
EA aren't the only company to have had an always-on connection. And EA games do get patched.
DynamiteWhyte 4 years ago